Dak career record vs winning teams vs Brees, Wentz and Roger

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I appreciate the continuous conversation with someone who's qb challenged. No matter how difficult you keep persisting. Just be glad you have your qb and hope that the rest of the team lines up to give him that ring. Good night good sir.

Pretty simple stuff. There is a HC and then the rest of the team.

What does the HC or TEAM need to be a true contender?

Cowboys are all set on Offense. Clearly the strength of the team. Only concern is the middle of the Oline.

Coaching and HC has been a huge concern. That appears to be resolved. We shall see.

The play of the defense will determine how good this team can really be. Young secondary will be tested. Safety position and RDE still question marks. Can the defense get sacks and turnovers. They were at the bottom of the league at doing so last year.

Zuerline was a huge pickup and lets hope a new special teams coach can get that unit rolling.

Any notion that a QB needs something or a QB has this or that is a troll with an agenda. The QB is one player on one side of the ball in a the most team oriented sport there is.

Until you realize this simple fact about football you will continue to blow the analysis of QB's like you have done with Dak over the last 4 years.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The offense lost at least a couple: New Orleans and New England. There might have been one or two more. Jets? Eagles?

Most of the time it was the defense letting the offense down, though, like it has for years, but the offense needed to be better in a handful of games.

My mantra on Garrett is that his offensive philosophy was good enough unless we faced an offense with just as much talent. Then coaching made the difference.

I can agree that there was maybe 2 or 3 the offense lost. Was the biggest culprit. New Orleans I can agree they did. Philly I can agree they did.

New England was lost because of a special teams blocked for a TD and a missed FG. WE played the best defense, on the road in the wind and rain. Offense wasnt going to have a good day in NE. That game was lost by special teams and coaching.

There was 8 games that the offense won all by themselves with little help from anyone else. Jets game was lost by the defense. Cowboys were down 20 points by the 2nd quarter because the defense made Darnel look like Tom Brady.

There wasnt ONE game that was won by the defense or won by special teams.

Need a team that can win with all 3 phases. Cowboys had a team that can win with one.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Pretty simple stuff. There is a HC and then the rest of the team.

What does the HC or TEAM need to be a true contender?

Cowboys are all set on Offense. Clearly the strength of the team. Only concern is the middle of the Oline.

Coaching and HC has been a huge concern. That appears to be resolved. We shall see.

The play of the defense will determine how good this team can really be. Young secondary will be tested. Safety position and RDE still question marks. Can the defense get sacks and turnovers. They were at the bottom of the league at doing so last year.

Zuerline was a huge pickup and lets hope a new special teams coach can get that unit rolling.
I won't continue with the rest of the team, but how is replacing a perfect kicker for someone who has struggled lately a huge pickup for us?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I can agree that there was maybe 2 or 3 the offense lost. Was the biggest culprit. New Orleans I can agree they did. Philly I can agree they did.

New England was lost because of a special teams blocked for a TD and a missed FG. WE played the best defense, on the road in the wind and rain. Offense wasnt going to have a good day in NE. That game was lost by special teams and coaching.

There was 8 games that the offense won all by themselves with little help from anyone else. Jets game was lost by the defense. Cowboys were down 20 points by the 2nd quarter because the defense made Darnel look like Tom Brady.

Need a team that can win with all 3 phases. Cowboys had a team that can win with one.

I agree that the conditions were tough in New England, but their offense outplayed our offense in those conditions. On a day when points were at a premium, our offense needed to be better. However, given the conditions, it's tough to hold that one against anyone.

VABoyz

Reaction score
i mean football is a sport where youre MAJORLY dependent on other players. stats can be a lil weird when putting it on one person BUT BUT BUT you had to have watched the games to see how things play out. i like Dak and hope he improves but damn, there were a lot of instances where those pass attempts drove me crazy. at the feet ,over the top and not hardly ever leading the receiver were frustrating to watch. im also not a big on people ignoring how we'll get down by 17-21 points and then rally at the end but come up short. that definitely helped the TOTAL passing stats. there were many games like that. 3 and out, 6 and out, 8 and out all first half then at the end of 3rd/beginning 4th quarter then suddenly passes are completed but its too late by then.WATCH the games and dont just try to base arguments on stats. i hope things change for the better with new coaching but you STILL have to be a consistent qb with actual qb traits of accurate passes,not taking unnecessary sacks,using the whole field and managing the clock.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Of course that's all you got from that.
no thats my sarcastic comments to the flame wars in here and we all know 2019 Dak was not clutch did not play well against better competition and down the stretch when we needed him most those gaudy stats disappeared..

None of it matters,

all it matters is taking your team to the next level fair or unfair, all QBs are going to get all the credit and all the blame..if you are a QB who want to be the highest paid, you will get further criticized , everything you do is under a microscope 100 times the strength, its magnified. Romo went through it and its Daks turn , you want big money? you are the leader? well get us to and NFCCG or 2 and a SB ..

Almost all the top 5 paid QBS in the league have been to or won SBs, yes even Wentz regardless of him being on IR he led them to agreat record before Foles took it the rest of the way, most here know if wentz didnt get hurt, most likely they end up there anyway..but who cares,

Mahomes has done more in his first two years as a starter then Dak as has Wilson, Big Ben, Rogers, and others..all in there first 3 years as a starter showed the owners they could do it and they got the big shiny new deals..

Its fact , sure other QBs who doesnt deserve it got paid but to Fans that doesnt matter here, we want to see more before we hook our RAINES to Dakota..

its not hate , i Like dak, i hope he makes the leap and proves the critics all wrong but at this point he hasn't done anything special recently, 2019 was a stat year but 8-8 as a leader regardless of whos fault it was, its on the leader who by default is typically the QB.. whos BTW making huge demands and that gets you a split fan base on whether they lie or not lie hi m getting PAID like Wilson and Mahomes..

heck worse we see that retread Tannehill get to an NFCCG and beat the ravens.. i know not all Tannehill but still he stepped up when needed and now hows gone further then Dak in the playoffs after only being a failure on another team and half a season on the new team..

Dak would have made his Legacy off one win , similar to ES, if he came out hurt and was the reason we won that Eagles game, wont he division, got i n the payoffs and got a few wins..

He didnt, he failed , that second half was horrible , all player had a bad first half but made adjustments and played well, dak missed wide open receivers at least 3 that were streaking for big plays , wasn't close.. this is what we remember last the NE game etc etc 2019 when clutch time came, Dak was just another guy on the team, yes W-L team records but our leader didnt step up and become special when the light was shining bright....

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score

I can agree with the bolded part to a degree, using the Jets game you used as an example, yes we were down 18 (not 20) points at one point in the 2nd quarter, but we weren't down 34-14 or 37-17 where the offense was doing something to keep the team in the game and that was a common theme in many games last season GB was an example, the D didn't play well we and were down 31-3 with 2 minutes left in the 3rd but at the same token what did the offense do to try and keep us in the game? Buffalo game we were down 23-7 at the end of 3 quarters, Chicago game we were down 24-7 at the end of 3 quarters at some point the offense has to take some of the blame too, you add these games to the NO, Patriots, Eagles game (at the end of the season) where the D played very well and it's easy to come to the conclusion that the failures last season were more on the offense side of the ball than the defensive side of the ball

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I agree that the conditions were tough in New England, but their offense outplayed our offense in those conditions. On a day when points were at a premium, our offense needed to be better. However, given the conditions, it's tough to hold that one against anyone.

Their offense was just as bad. Punt return block for a TD gave them 7 extra points and I believe Garrett made a boneheaded decision to try a long FG with a kicker that rarely makes them at the end of the game. Brady gladly took that short field and drove down for another score to win it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I can agree with the bolded part to a degree, using the Jets game you used as an example, yes we were down 18 (not 20) points at one point in the 2nd quarter, but we weren't down 34-14 or 37-17 where the offense was doing something to keep the team in the game and that was a common theme in many games last season GB was an example, the D didn't play well we and were down 31-3 with 2 minutes left in the 3rd but at the same token what did the offense do to try and keep us in the game? Buffalo game we were down 23-7 at the end of 3 quarters, Chicago game we were down 24-7 at the end of 3 quarters at some point the offense has to take some of the blame too, you add these games to the NO, Patriots, Eagles game (at the end of the season) where the D played very well and it's easy to come to the conclusion that the failures last season were more on the offense side of the ball than the defensive side of the ball

If your assessment is that the offense is the most to blame for the 8-8 season then you don't belong in the conversation. Might as well just hang it up.

Last edited:

GMO415

Reaction score
Everyone focused on the same for just last year's record, but it was atrocious. Career record appears to be on par.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
if Dak is barely top 10 for many people around here in a league of "ok" qbs, I don't see why we'd be struggling as much as some of you believe if we dumped him. Our overall team structure is much better than anything than Aikman had when he retired all the way to the 2007 team. And it's better than every team we've had after that. I think we'll be fine. Just because some of us fear the unknown doesn't mean we have to settle for one position while we improve the rest. That's all I'm saying.
Man they were screwing up even in the Romo era. The best they did was find Matt Moore and they let him go lol.

phildadon86

Reaction score
here's an example of how the extremes are with both.

Cowboys lose 48-51, it's Romos fault.
Cowboys lose 10-13, it's Special Teams/Defenses fault (Dak is QB)

More often than not Romo was not the issue with the team. Too many times we have all watched this team under Dak go scoreless for consecutive quarters and in those same games I'm sure every one of you have felt bad for his inability to do anything to help. That's where we're at.
Lol yeh because 99 percent of the time we lost a game 48-51 is because Romo threw the game away making a dumb throw to the other team lol. But sure.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Their offense was just as bad. Punt return block for a TD gave them 7 extra points and I believe Garrett made a boneheaded decision to try a long FG with a kicker that rarely makes them at the end of the game. Brady gladly took that short field and drove down for another score to win it.

Fair enough.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
If your assessment is that the offense is the most to blame for the 8-8 season then you don't belong in the conversation. Might as well just hang it up.

So the offense didn't show up for 3 or 4 games, the defense didn't show up for 10-12 games, the special teams didn't show for any games and the coaching showed up for a 2 or 3.

To continue to talk about the offense like its the biggest issue is just plain laughable.

Once you come to the proper conclusion that the offense was by far the strength of the football team, then we can begin to break down the problems within the offense.

But until you figure out the basics, there is no point in going into detail.

So explain this to me. The D gave up 20.1 points per game last season (11th in the league) 7 teams who gave up less than us made the playoffs and 5 teams who gave up more than us made the playoffs, if we had the so called #1 offense in the league last season how did we miss the playoffs? We averaged 27.1 PPG 6th in the league. The D was ranked a top 10 D last season and yes they had some issues but the reason we finished 8-8 was because our so called #1 offense dissapeared in a bunch of games last season that we should have won. Our offense sure has alot of excuses for a group that was ranked the number one offense last season...maybe it was all smoke and mirrors. In all our losses last season we gave up 12, 34, 24, 13, 26, 28, 31, 17 points. You have the Greenbay game where they scored 34 (Dak had 3 picks that game) maybe that had a little to do with it, you had the Jets game 24 not unreasonable, you had the Bills game 26 points (they played like the playoff team they were and giving up 26 points is not 40) The vikings game probably could have gone either way maybe Dak's one pick to Cousins zero picks was the difference, i don't know but maybe. The Chicago game D didn't play well but neither did the offense that was one of those games where we only had 7 points on the board at the end of 3 quarters and the other games well we know what happenned in NO, NE and Philly, by the way if we win anyone of these 3 last game we are in the playoffs. It's easy to beat up on the weak teams we did that very well last season and in alot of our big games last season the D showed up and the offense didn't and in some of those other games when the D didn't play as good, well the offense didn't show up either and i'll be happy to debate any of those games with you. Simple fact we gave up 20.1 PPG last season, it's really hard to get past this one fact. We played 7 games against playoff teams last season and went 1-6 in those 7 games our Defense gave up 130 points or 18.6 per game. How come we went 1-6? In those same 7 games our offence scored 137 19.6 PPG. So in our losses our D gave up 1.5 PPG less than their season average and our offense scored 19.6 PPG or 7.5 PPG less than their season average, and you still wonder where the issue is

Last edited:

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score

NE was a tough weather game and they did have the #1 D in football last season, this one game doesn't compare to the other games our offense didn't show up at all or thru the 1st 3 quarters

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I won't continue with the rest of the team, but how is replacing a perfect kicker for someone who has struggled lately a huge pickup for us?

So now you are suggesting that Maher is better than a healthy Zuerline?:lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao:

Did you even know that Zuerline had a leg injury last year? Uninformed as usual.

Too bad we didnt have Forbath the whole season. Probably make the playoffs. :oldcouple:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So explain this to me. The D gave up 20.1 points per game last season (11th in the league) 7 teams who gave up less than us made the playoffs and 5 teams who gave up more than us made the playoffs, if we had the so called #1 offense in the league last season how did we miss the playoffs? We averaged 27.1 PPG 6th in the league. The D was ranked a top 10 D last season and yes they had some issues but the reason we finished 8-8 was because our so called #1 offense dissapeared in a bunch of games last season that we should have won. Our offense sure has alot of excuses for a group that was ranked the number one offense last season...maybe it was all smoke and mirrors. In all our losses last season we gave up 12, 34, 24, 13, 26, 28, 31, 17 points. You have the Greenbay game where they scored 34 (Dak had 3 picks that game) maybe that had a little to do with it, you had the Jets game 24 not unreasonable, you had the Bills game 26 points (they played like the playoff team they were and giving up 26 points is not 40) The vikings game probably could have gone either way maybe Dak's one pick to Cousins zero picks was the difference, i don't know but maybe. The Chicago game D didn't play well but neither did the offense that was one of those games where we only had 7 points on the board at the end of 3 quarters and the other games well we know what happenned in NO, NE and Philly, by the way if we win anyone of these 3 last game we are in the playoffs. It's easy to beat up on the weak teams we did that very well last season and in alot of our big games last season the D showed up and the offense didn't and in some of those other games when the D didn't play as good, well the offense didn't show up either and i'll be happy to debate any of those games with you. Simple fact we gave up 20.1 PPG last season, it's really hard to get past this one fact. We played 7 games against playoff teams last season and went 1-6 in those 7 games our Defense gave up 130 points or 18.6 per game. How come we went 1-6? In those same 7 games our offence scored 137 19.6 PPG. So in our losses our D gave up 1.5 PPG less than our season average and our offense scored 19.6 PPG or 8 PPG less than their season average, and you still wonder where the issue is

Why should I explain anything to you? LOL

You still havent figured out that the #1 rated offense in football was the strength of the team. Until you figure that out, no conversation can be had.

erod

Reaction score
Yeah. You see that we couldn’t run the ball. Then you claimed we couldn’t convert short yardage. You claimed the defense always gave up a late score. You also claimed Mayfield was good. All things you were watching that was wrong. Upgrade to an HDTV and maybe you can start to see better.
I have a 4K projector on a 120-inch screen. I see everything perfectly, thanks.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
NE was a tough weather game and they did have the #1 D in football last season, this one game doesn't compare to the other games our offense didn't show up at all or thru the 1st 3 quarters

Man that #1 offense just screwed everything up for us. LOL

Did you know that the offense was top 5 all time in yards per game? And to think they gained all those yards in the 4th quarter? Truly amazing. :muttley:

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Why should I explain anything to you? LOL

You still havent figured out that the #1 rated offense in football was the strength of the team. Until you figure that out, no conversation can be had.

So in other words you got nothing. And in our losses our D got better and our offense got substantially worse than their season averages but the offense was the strength of the team, a typical response from you when confronted with facts. Quick hurry go into your rant now about how it was all coaching and special teams