Dak, CeeDee, and Micah need to take note of Jalen Brunson

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Love Jalen, Knicks are my team. Im snake bitten with teams that never win though arent terrible (Boys, Mets, Knicks) Suddenly my Knicks are a major player. Things can turn around quite quickly. You never know.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Stop with the anti-pay undertones...ill call it out every single time i see on this board...

Brunson will likely have an NBA exec job for many years after his playing days are over...the dude knows he has great income secured for virtually as long as he works until he wants to retire.

Not all players have that.

Also...stop trying to get players to short themselves for a stupid trophy, parade, small bonus and name etched in history that no one cares about.

A trophy doesnt provide services, A parade doesnt provide services, name etched in history doesnt provide services...money does.

This is disgusting and should be cleaned up around here. No one here is taking a pay cut so their company can be labeled the best company in its field. Get out of here.
whats disgusting is pretending that 30 million make ones life significantly better than 20 million. THAT's disgusting.. Bad post Jerry

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
The irony of this is you’re giving him credit for teams Jimmy built…meanwhile the best move he’s made since Jimmy's guys retired was finding Dak in the 4th round lol. You really can’t make this up lol.
Jimmy wasn't allowed to do anything without Jerry's approval first.

Jerry is HOFer with rings. Dak will be forgotten quicker than the bum he replaced.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
this Brunson's situation is not much diferent than the nepotism here...he is family hell they got fined for tampering and didnt even deny it as his Godfather is the one signing the checks...he has a nice handshake deal that the NBA never minded not spotlighting.
Brunson seems to be a leader and very "basketball in tune". His team(personal camp) has had a plan for a while in New York....and it seems to be working great. They arent stupid people and I am sure Brunson is learning if not a significant voice in the decisions already.

He's a winner and smart. Smart enough to break off from Luka, knowing his game is better with him as the ball handler, when Luka is one of best players ever. Brunson could have been Pippen but chose to go to a team and have a voice in forming that team....and its working.

I would put money on it that NBA players would vote Brunson as being very savvy. Wouldnt ever be able to prove it. But...his god father runs the Knicks...that God father's son is an NBA agent, his dad is an assistant coach....what more pedigree do you need? Doesnt mean Brunson is smart enough to absorb all that knowledge...but all signs point to him being smart and a hard worker.

The situation is no where near the same as most players. Brunson is literal gold financially barring some crazy mental issue or drug issue.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
whats disgusting is trying to groom "people" into taking less than market value for things that dont matter...like a trophy.

you conveniently skip over inflation, too.

you conveniently skip over that the owners would bicker over taking less...but you scorn the player.

you just want to gyp people with tricks.

you conveniently skip over why it is ok for business people to pursue billions but a player is deplorable for going after his?

you cant answer it. you dont have an answer other than scrambling with weak excuses.

Loso86

Reaction score
At this point last summer Jalen Brunson had already achieved more team success in 1 year in NY than our trio of superstars have in years but it was comparable. Over the past year, Although having never been an All Star, his impact on his team’s regular season success made him an MVP candidate. In the playoffs with his team severely banged up he averaged numbers that have only been achieved by 2 players in the history of the NBA playoffs, Michael Jordan and Lebron James. His performance earned him the right to demand a max deal, contrary to the performances that our 3 players displayed while still maintaining the belief that they are owed maxed deals. Yesterday Jalen Brunson took a deal that lost him $113 MILLION for the team’s benefit. He said he studied what champions like Mahomes and Brady and Duncan did and this had to be done. Our 3losers on the field maybe are just that, incapable of winning. Will they not at least try to help the team win via this other avenue?
Yup while bruns9n is and will still make more than them while they play the more brutal sport and make less.....lmao sure

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
The irony of this is you’re giving him credit for teams Jimmy built…meanwhile the best move he’s made since Jimmy's guys retired was finding Dak in the 4th round lol. You really can’t make this up lol.
In hindsight it was probably one of the worse decisions he's made. Image without Dak we'd probably scored some bad regular seasons and could have drafted a lot higher over the last couple of years.

Going cheap with your QB when in the look out backfires in the long run. Romo and Dak might have cost us many chances to get a true QB1. We found BMWs for Honda money (during their rookie contracts). So everyone thought they were lucky. But we needed a Ferrari the whole time (read the car analogy in another thread, I don't even like Ferraris lol). Finding quality may take longer with more losing seasons but in the end you might find a true winner.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
As much as I want to move on from Dak, i would more than welcome him at $15MM a year.

The problem isn’t him though. The Jones’ would squander all the additional cap space
the solution to that problem, is if I took say 10 mil less to help my team, then I would get to spend that 10 mil on any player I wanted.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
At this point last summer Jalen Brunson had already achieved more team success in 1 year in NY than our trio of superstars have in years but it was comparable. Over the past year, Although having never been an All Star, his impact on his team’s regular season success made him an MVP candidate. In the playoffs with his team severely banged up he averaged numbers that have only been achieved by 2 players in the history of the NBA playoffs, Michael Jordan and Lebron James. His performance earned him the right to demand a max deal, contrary to the performances that our 3 players displayed while still maintaining the belief that they are owed maxed deals. Yesterday Jalen Brunson took a deal that lost him $113 MILLION for the team’s benefit. He said he studied what champions like Mahomes and Brady and Duncan did and this had to be done. Our 3losers on the field maybe are just that, incapable of winning. Will they not at least try to help the team win via this other avenue?
I appreciate the sentiments, old boy, but Jalen is truly naive and reckless with family money.
On the other hand, Brunson is honorable, selfless and giving.
What if, Mr. Brunson, you gave less money and the team follow your lead? Blimey, pie in the sty, if you ask me, and why wouldn't you?

But we comparing maples to orchards. Game culture is different between the 2 leagues.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You must be on Jones's payroll as this is a ridiculous statement considering our GM has never seen an NFC championship game in almost 30 years. Yeah Jerry's a great GM.
If you were on an ancient battlefield would you follow the guy that won 3 wars or the guy that loses every important battle he's in?

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
If you were on an ancient battlefield would you follow the guy that won 3 wars or the guy that loses every important battle he's in?
One is the general, the others a staff sergeant. Both can lose on their respective levels.

In this case the general has lost every battle in 30 years and doesn't even know how to fight today. His wins of the past therefore mean absolutely nothing. Think of Jerry as a Civil War general trying to win on a modern battlefield.

And to get away from this stupid analogy, Jerry only knew how to buy a Superbowl. He never figured out how to build a team in the salary cap era.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
In hindsight it was probably one of the worse decisions he's made. Image without Dak we'd probably scored some bad regular seasons and could have drafted a lot higher over the last couple of years.

Going cheap with your QB when in the look out backfires in the long run. Romo and Dak might have cost us many chances to get a true QB1. We found BMWs for Honda money (during their rookie contracts). So everyone thought they were lucky. But we needed a Ferrari the whole time (read the car analogy in another thread, I don't even like Ferraris lol). Finding quality may take longer with more losing seasons but in the end you might find a true winner.
I disagree. On one hand maybe you could argue we could’ve got someone better. But we also could’ve had Jamies Winston or Carson Wentz or Baker Mayfield….or RGIII. Drafting higher doesn’t mean you get a Ferrari…..history says the higher you pick the closer you are to the next Mitch Tribusky or Kyler Murray.

And let me also say that I saw this team to 5-11 three years straight and they had no franchise quarterback in place.

In 20 plus years when they have had a top 10 pick they have drafted Tyron Smith, Mo Claiborne, Zeke, Terrence Newman, Roy Williams and Greg Ellis. Not a quarterback in site.

Sometimes you just have to go by what a team shows you and not what they tell you.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This is a silly hill to die on. You can say Dak sucks without hyping up Jerry. This is just silly lol. This is when hating on Dak goes wrong….you say something you regret. :laugh:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You must be on Jones's payroll as this is a ridiculous statement considering our GM has never seen an NFC championship game in almost 30 years. Yeah Jerry's a great GM.
Make it make sense. Jerry has done nothing in 30 years and arguably his best move in that span is finding Dak in the 4th round…the same guy he tells us sucks lol….