Dak, CeeDee, and Micah need to take note of Jalen Brunson

blueblood70

Reaction score
Of course the NBA has a cap. Why do you think Brunson left $113 Million on the table in team’s favor if the NBA has no cap I wonder haha. Seriously? Anyway, besides that bit of ignorant gibberish I see the rest of your post agrees with me. Smart take.
It's a soft cap we all know it if you're allowed to go over it and just have to simply pay a tax regards to how much it is these billionaire owners would be willing to buy a championship doing it which you cannot do in the NFL I mean we're gonna stop trying to circumvent what I'm saying because that is a fact they have a loose cap we call it a soft cap the NFL has a hard cap the MLB have no cap.. I've already said this first of all we shouldn't even be having this discussion because they're two different sports with two very different financial caps there's nothing in parallel that you can use at all it should have never been started and here we are how many pages deep of nonsense that means nothing to the NFL because you can't compare them they couldn't be further from each other.. We're talking about a hard cap that also has to worry about 63 players to pay it is very different makeup on how you distribute the money to make sure you can build a team in a much more physical sport that you can lose players far more often... There's no comparison at all this is like a useless post it's like eating air it it means nothing there is no comparison it should have never been started...

John813

Reaction score
With all the restructuring abilities, players do not need to take paycuts.
And it's the Not For Long vs the NBA. Two sports with different levels of physicality and peaks for most top players.
CDL more than likely won't be a #1 into his 30's. Brunson has a better shot at being a top guard when he can opt out in 3 years.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The comparison of Jalen Brunson and any NFL star is like apples and oranges. Or comparing steak to tofu.

The NBA uses a soft cap to govern its finances and it is constructed completely differently than the NFLs unwavering hard cap. NBA players have way more options of how to get paid and structure deals than the NFL.

And using the highest paid player in Pat Mahomes as an example of being “team friendly” is just inaccurate. The chiefs are paying Mahomes nearly a half a billion in total cash over the next decade. But the chiefs have a brilliant GM in Brett Veach who is extremely crafty in deferring Mahomes contract hits on their cap, enabling them to keep monster DT Chris Jones on the team with a big contract. It’s NOT about how much money is being paid, it’s how they manage the payments that matter.

The problem here is NOT how much money Dak, Cedee and eventually Parsons will make. It’s that we have a FO that does not understand how to structure deals to defer and manage the cap hits. There are a ton of teams with fat payrolls that are signing FAs and making moves we never make. Why? Because they have a FO focused on doing whatever it takes to win.

The reason we struggle with cap is NOT because of the “greedy” players. It’s because we have an incompetent front office when it comes to managing the cap.