Dak, CeeDee, and Micah need to take note of Jalen Brunson

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You have to believe in your FO. Even if Dak took 15m do you have confidence Jerry and Co will use it correctly or if at all?

Nope
Not only that but the Knicks made the moves before they signed Brunson. They signed OG and traded for Bridges….they at least showed him. Cap Boy would never.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not only that but the Knicks made the moves before they signed Brunson. They signed OG and traded for Bridges….they at least showed him. Cap Boy would never.
Technically this comparison has to stop there is no real cap in the NBA literally the movement the way they can change teams the leverage the players have I mean the luxury tax is a joke most teams with money can pay it so there is no true cap you're talking about a hard cap league it's very difficult to maneuver in in a very different sport... In today's NFL you must sign your big players first and then fill in around them right now there's a demand from three players that can eat up a large part of the cap that's the difference the fact that this is a completely different sport and this post should have never been started this thread it's ridiculous to try to make the comparison because there is none this is like comparing with the dodgers and Yankees do to what the Cowboys do there is no cap in baseball they can do whatever they want if they wanna blow the money they can and trust me I think if Jerry was in that situation he would do it.... What he's unwilling to do is take the risk and kill his team for six or seven years by making a move that doesn't work out in free agency but signing his own players he's never truly had a problem doing it it's not over people act like Prescott lamb and Parsons are gone the way we talk about here he's always overpaid his own players..

FACT ALWAYS I mean show me where a true superstar from the Dallas Cowboys that was obvious we should have signed and got big money and Jerry didn't do it and Jerry just let them walk literally that's the opposite he drafts well he overpaid his own players which sometimes it's a mistake but he does it anyway he just doesn't take the risk in free agency but it's a very different sport again he can't do that when you go pick up some mid level guys or spend big in free agency before you know what the other guys are right now demanding big market super money you have to sign them first in the NFL..

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
This is a silly hill to die on. You can say Dak sucks without hyping up Jerry. This is just silly lol. This is when hating on Dak goes wrong….you say something you regret. :laugh:
Jerry is everything Dak will never be.

A winner, champion, HOFer, and legend.

Think about how bad you believe Jerry is at his job and realize Dak won't accomplish any of the things Jerry already has secured.

That's how much of a loser Dak is.

vlad

Reaction score
Why would these guys help Jerry screw things up more?

Here is a quote explaining what Brunson did…..

From that perspective, this extension comes off as more of a partnership decision. Brunson is helping the Knicks during their peak championship window. Down the line, he has a chance to be well-compensated for doing so. He's trusting the Knicks to take care of him as he has done for them.

I’d never trust the Knicks but aye….
He's trying to become a legend of NYC - like imagine being Dirk but for NYC - geez...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Jerry is everything Dak will never be.

A winner, champion, HOFer, and legend.

Think about how bad you believe Jerry is at his job and realize Dak won't accomplish any of the things Jerry already has secured.

That's how much of a loser Dak is.
Think of how great Jerry is at his job and his best accomplishment in 30 years is Dak lol.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No they don't. Not here. Not with this culture of me 1st Jerry has built. Change has to begin with the Jonses not the players.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I hated Dirk did that because all they did was give him Chandler Parsons…..
This is why I don't understand you guys you have these short memory skewed memories or twisted to only remember how you feel like remembering it same with the Cowboys yeah you guys all do it that's it that's all he had was Chandler Parsons? Not like the 6th man of the year one of the best point guards in the NBA one of the best guys off the bench in JJ Barea...

Point guard Jason Kidd helped the Dallas Mavericks win their first NBA championship in 2011, alongside pals Dirk Nowitzki, Tyson Chandler, JJ Bearea, and Jason Terry that the core but some fill in guys aoff this list NOT BAD at all..

Here we go with the hey it was Dirk the one guy the only guy, no there's a reason that Luka hasn't won a championship yet, because they've yet to put that full roster together they were really close but they got dominated by a team who had a deeper roster full of guys you could play both ways.
So let me be clear dirt did not win that championship on his own he had a very good roster he did not elevate the team Dirk was always good but they did have a really good team.. The only thing they did do to dirt that was dirty in my opinion was dismantle that championship team a year early to save money and old Mark Cuban it's cheaper than Jerry Jones he done this very thing for years and it wasn't until recently when that he sold his share they started getting more aggressive... They should have ran that team back one more time in my opinion regardless of the luxury tax but Mark Cuban was thinking of the cap so does the rest of most professional teams...

Alexis Ajinça
C7-2248May 6, 1988fr FR2
11J.J. BareaPG5-10180June 26, 1984pr PR4Northeastern University
3Rodrigue BeauboisPG6-0170February 24, 1988gp GP1
13Corey BrewerSG6-9186March 5, 1986us US3Florida
4Caron ButlerSF6-7228March 13, 1980us US8UConn
35Brian CardinalSF6-8245May 2, 1977us US10Purdue
6Tyson ChandlerC7-0235October 2, 1982us US9
33Brendan HaywoodC7-0268November 27, 1979us US9UNC
20Dominique JonesSG6-4215October 15, 1988us USRSouth Florida
2Jason KiddPG6-4205March 23, 1973us US16California
28Ian MahinmiC6-11262November 5, 1986fr FR2
0Shawn MarionSF6-7220May 7, 1978us US11Vincennes University, UNLV
21Steve NovakSF6-10225June 13, 1983us US4Marquette
41Dirk NowitzkiPF7-0245June 19, 1978de DE12
7Sasha PavlovićSF6-8220November 15, 1983me ME7
92DeShawn StevensonSG6-5210April 3, 1981us US10
16Peja StojakovićSF6-10229June 9, 1977hr HR12
31Jason Terry

Bagman

Reaction score
Stop with the anti-pay undertones...ill call it out every single time i see on this board...

Brunson will likely have an NBA exec job for many years after his playing days are over...the dude knows he has great income secured for virtually as long as he works until he wants to retire.

Not all players have that.

Also...stop trying to get players to short themselves for a stupid trophy, parade, small bonus and name etched in history that no one cares about.

A trophy doesnt provide services, A parade doesnt provide services, name etched in history doesnt provide services...money does.

This is disgusting and should be cleaned up around here. No one here is taking a pay cut so their company can be labeled the best company in its field. Get out of here.
So you're saying that these poor kids can't survive on $22 million a year instead of $27 million a year. What a huge sacrifice to make. I guess you know what is best.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Technically this comparison has to stop there is no real cap in the NBA literally the movement the way they can change teams the leverage the players have I mean the luxury tax is a joke most teams with money can pay it so there is no true cap you're talking about a hard cap league it's very difficult to maneuver in in a very different sport... In today's NFL you must sign your big players first and then fill in around them right now there's a demand from three players that can eat up a large part of the cap that's the difference the fact that this is a completely different sport and this post should have never been started this thread it's ridiculous to try to make the comparison because there is none this is like comparing with the dodgers and Yankees do to what the Cowboys do there is no cap in baseball they can do whatever they want if they wanna blow the money they can and trust me I think if Jerry was in that situation he would do it.... What he's unwilling to do is take the risk and kill his team for six or seven years by making a move that doesn't work out in free agency but signing his own players he's never truly had a problem doing it it's not over people act like Prescott lamb and Parsons are gone the way we talk about here he's always overpaid his own players..

FACT ALWAYS I mean show me where a true superstar from the Dallas Cowboys that was obvious we should have signed and got big money and Jerry didn't do it and Jerry just let them walk literally that's the opposite he drafts well he overpaid his own players which sometimes it's a mistake but he does it anyway he just doesn't take the risk in free agency but it's a very different sport again he can't do that when you go pick up some mid level guys or spend big in free agency before you know what the other guys are right now demanding big market super money you have to sign them first in the NFL..
you are aware they just made changes in the NBA?

you are right that you can spend almost any amount you want. but now they paralyzed teams in the tax from being able to acquire players through like 5 different measures.

the NBA cap is now penalizing teams in the tax severely. its new this year though.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Would you give up 5 million?
gottem

its really just a bad lie to try and tell people to take less money

there is evil behind those words

trophy doesnt pay for hospice or medical bills...but they dont wanna talk about that

ive mic-dropped this whole subject several times on this board. posters just stop responding because they cant come up with an excuse that trumps my logic

blueblood70

Reaction score
Would you give up 5 million?
Yes many players should and would depending on the situation like is this their last contract is it their first one their first really big one that they know they're probably not getting another one like in zeke situation he did the right thing he knew as a running back with all the miles he had from college and in the pros the way they were using him as a battering ram what some of these guys I've already made a lot of money like Prescott why wouldn't you take 5 million less especially when you know if you go to another market you're probably not gonna have as many opportunities off the field and you have to weigh in the taxes and all that kind of stuff how much real estate costs...

You'd have to weigh it in as a case by case basis.. Right here in Dallas as a Dallas cowboy wearing that star afford you so much off field extra money the real estate in Texas along with the taxes are less than a lot of other places they could go that they might feel is similar... So yeah there's going to be a lot of cases these players should take 5 million less ,what's that I mean isn't that much in the grand scheme of things like lamb and Parsons they're really young and the difference between 5 million and staying here and all the off field stuff I don't see a big deal and the fact that Prescott's already made a **** ton of money why would he give up five million a year when you look at the total of the contract it's why Brunson would do something like that because that's what he sees down the road...

I can tell you this Nicks or no Knicks, it don't matter there's no guarantee that him taking that pay cut that they're going to win anything we've seen in phoenix what did they do with that big team they're still trying to stuff names on that team and it didn't work out... At least not yet you have a team like The Mavericks who were spending the least and not doing as much trying to build like this giant team full of big names just crush you time and time again it shows that it doesn't matter sometimes what you do with the money and how many names you can put on a team it's about chemistry...

And we do know Tom Brady did this to a certain extent their players are willing to do it and they know they're still going to be millionaires and still have more money coming down the road like isn't Tom Brady about to be added to the line up in the media? By the way I always want to point this out Trayvon diggs was not selfish they came to an agreement pretty quick he did not take the number one money at corner nor did he take oh I want to be the next highest paid outside of quarterback he literally was number 4 at the time of signing and now he's #5 there's nothing wrong with that I wish many more players were like that I'm not asking you to just bend over and take it hard but there's a way to meet in the middle if you really want to be on a better team and I realize you're gonna say well Jerry's not gonna use the extra money but the opportunity is there and they see the light some players are smart enough to see that..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
gottem

its really just a bad lie to try and tell people to take less money

there is evil behind those words

trophy doesnt pay for hospice or medical bills...but they dont wanna talk about that

ive mic-dropped this whole subject several times on this board. posters just stop responding because they cant come up with an excuse that trumps my logic
Yeah when you ask them would they give up millions they shut up lol. They wouldn’t give up a 100 dollars lol.