Dak contract restructured; small cap amount added via bonus

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I completely agree that Dak isn’t getting extended, but this is far from some big flex showing Dak is gone. This is a trivial move that doesn’t move the needle either way IMO.
Sure it does.

We chose to lower your cap hit by 5 million to make it more manageable for us in your last year in Dallas instead of extending you and lowering your cap hit 25 million.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Sure it does.

We chose to lower your cap hit by 5 million to make it more manageable for us in your last year in Dallas instead of extending you and lowering your cap hit 25 million.
But thats also $5m they are pushing into future years too, giving them more motivation to figure out a long term deal eventually.

The argument here goes both way, but in reality it’s such a small amount that I think it’s irrelevant.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
But thats also $5m they are pushing into future years too, giving them more motivation to figure out a long term deal eventually.

The argument here goes both way, but in reality it’s such a small amount that I think it’s irrelevant.
Go outside of here and read into it more.

Read comments from people that aren’t Cowboys fans outside of here.

Everything I’ve been reading says basically “Yes, of course an extension is still possible, but this isn’t something you do when you’re focused on extending someone”.

Qcard

Reaction score
Be sure to give Dak an exam while your head is up there.
Ok... just get your tittilating Training Camp predictions ready....see below

Dak Haters have weird closet analogies :lmao::lmao:

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/prescott-lighting-up-the-defense-with-cooks.512336/

I didn't know that training camp defenses are going full speed like they will see in the regular season.

Hint: They're not

Cool story, though. Dak can light them up in training camp, but craps the bed when the real games start.

Aven8

Reaction score
The way I see it, moving on from Dak will put more pressure on the front office to win a Super Bowl soon after his departure. If Dak was truly the one holding this franchise back for all of these years, then we as Cowboys fans shouldn't have to wait a prolonged or extended period of time before we see the Cowboys winning their sixth Super Bowl post Dak era. Any period which extends beyond 5 years or close to another decade without another Super Bowl win, means that the front office is still the major issue and will continue to be no matter who the QB of the team is.

The front office has gotten some of the fanbase on their side by believing that they are about to move on from Dak. But those fans will quickly sour against them if the Cowboys move on to other QBs and still keeps failing at the goal of winning another Super Bowl.
Maybe the light finally comes on with Lance? I mean he’s started only a handful of games. Jordan Love was awful when he first got to GB.

jujoboys

Reaction score
They didn’t need Daks permission to do this.

They’re making his cap hit more manageable for next year because there’s not going to be an extension.
Actually, I heard they needed Dak's permission to add voidable years. They didn't need permission to designate the roster bonus as a signing bonus. All of this means nothing in regards to getting Dak signed to an extension. People are reading too much into this. Now if they would have converted Dak's 2024 salary into a bonus then that would signal they have no plans of getting an extension done.

This was merely a move to keep an immediate $5 million cap hit from happening which Dallas can't have since they were less than $3 million under the cap.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Oh I agree 100%....I was just saying it sounds like there is atleast some communication one way or the other.
I get your point . It's not as if both sides are stubbornly ignoring each other and hopefully the 'Spring Training negotiating' comment was an attempt to deflect from constant media questions....and Jerry babbling away showing his hand.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

Waste of time

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cope.

If you read outside of this echo chamber you will see many others talking about this just looks like another sign that an extension is not happening.
After the 3 playoff losses and his lack to beat and perform against the top teams in the NFL, how could one think they would give him another massive Dak deal?
Wait till he hits the FA market and the surprise of the Dakbots when and if he's signed to a much lower $ if at all.
Oh well guess choking in playoff games doesn't matter when you're DAKTRASH!!

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
After the 3 playoff losses and his lack to beat and perform against the top teams in the NFL, how could one think they would give him another massive Dak deal?
Wait till he hits the FA market and the surprise of the Dakbots when and if he's signed to a much lower $ if at all.
Oh well guess choking in playoff games doesn't matter when you're DAKTRASH!!
The amount of cope is unreal.

Outside of here, in reality, is where you really are able to read and see what’s going on.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It’s means they’d rather lower his hit to a more manageable number next season instead of extending him.

They lowered his hit by 5 million doing this. An extension would’ve lowered it 25ish million.

Even more proof that an extension isn’t happening.