Dak contract restructured; small cap amount added via bonus

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cant believe we have to pay this guy over 55 million this coming year!! It's obvious he'll never win a big game. So frustrating being a fan. Yes, we can win 11 or 12 games a season but never get to the big show. It's kind of like the Bill's of the 90's. Good enough to get there but could never win the big one. Already in free agency we've lost a few but haven't made too many moves. If we stick with what we have it will be an unsuccessful year once again!!!!
The Bills of the 90's come again?
They made it to 4 SB huh???????????????????????????????????????
We can't win in the divisional round!!!!!!!!!!!!
This team is being held back by pretty much the inability of 1 player to perform at the highest level when it counts the most.
Guess who that is?????????????????????
P.S. I'll give you a hint..........he likes Tattoos, massive ones!

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

Clearance shopping time for Dallas

They needed Dak’s permission to add 2 more void years for 2027 and 2028

This actually does incentivize Dallas to get an extension done because if Dak walks after this season all the void year money accelerates into the 2025 cap.

That’s about $40 million dead money hit to the 2025 cap for a player not on the team,

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Something big is coming.
oh-my-george-takei.gif

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You REALLY love Dak. Why? Care to explain what it is about him that you love so much? His lack of playoff success and terrible record against top teams speaks for itself, so why do you love him so much?

You're not on his payroll, you don't get to sleep with his GF on the side, you aren't his dog sitter, lawn care person, or car washer, so what the hell is it?
He knows why as life's frustrations have clouded what he is seeing on the playing field.
Oh well, life is life and Dak will choke in the playoffs.
Certain things are constant as the North Star!

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
He knows why as life's frustrations have clouded what he is seeing on the playing field.
Oh well, life is life and Dak will choke in the playoffs.
Certain things are constant as the North Star!
Dak and his agent are trying to sell the fantasy that past performance is not indicative of future ones. Let's see if Jerry is stupid enough to bite again.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jerry's restructuring is why he's making that amount. That's not his salary.
They have no understanding of the salary cap and how the kicking the can down the road restructures have pushed the dead cap money into further years and making it look like more but they don't realize he got paid a lot less the first three years and his salary still only averaged around what was it $43,000,000 a year or whatever it was he still only made $43,000,000 a year they just keep pushing the money down the road so it keeps increasing his cap hit for that year and also the dead cap money when he leaves... They don't realize it's like withholding money from your regular paycheck as a spare part regular citizen and then paying him later more money asking me to take a small salary early and then keep paying them bigger money and then you have the dead cap after you leave as if like you borrowed against it... Fans don't seem to have any general understanding of that it's they blame it on the players they think the players making $59 million this year and he's not because he didn't make his full $42 million his first three seasons they kicked the can down the road and now it come due did not only pay him but the cap hit keeps keeps getting bigger and bigger but his salary remains exactly the same..

Carson

Reaction score
PREPARE YOURSELF GENTS! ITS F5 SEASON FOR TWO GUYS YOU NEVER HEARD OF!!!!!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
You REALLY love Dak. Why? Care to explain what it is about him that you love so much? His lack of playoff success and terrible record against top teams speaks for itself, so why do you love him so much?

You're not on his payroll, you don't get to sleep with his GF on the side, you aren't his dog sitter, lawn care person, or car washer, so what the hell is it?
yeah his love is evident, I'm going to leave this guy alone, I don't feel safe!!

Qcard

Reaction score
And your adult self still uses emojis like a 7 year old.

What does that have to do with your obsession with Dak? A real Cowboy fan recognizes the weak links in the team. Your love of Dak causes you to ignore them
I'd give the Dak Haters a seat at the Adult Table....if their expertise extended beyond Carson Wentz's leadership, Andy Dalton remake and Cooper Rush's win rate. :lmao:

Landryhat73

Reaction score
what do you think it means when they added the voidable years
The only thing I can think of is making his cap hit significantly less this year. It gives then the options of spreading the money owed through 2028 saving a lot more money this year.