Dak could lead to best H.C hire

khiladi

Reaction score
You might be the dumbest poster on this forum.
Dak just ended up one yard off your idol's career high in yardage and had the same 8-8 result Romo did.

The difference?? Tony Romo tossed 19 interceptions that season.
Dak tossed 11 this year.

Those who actually watched Cowboys football grew to love Tony and his gunslinging but dreaded his forced passes that turned into late game-losing interceptions.

The difference, Dak had the best pass blocking line in the league, Zeke and Garrett NOT calling the plays.

Brax

Reaction score
I believe it much smarter to hire a new coach and staff before you sign or re-sign any players.

The new coach should have a say in what new players are signed, drafted, etc. before his team takes the field in 2020.
I do not believe the new coach will have much say in players, that is where Jerry excels evaluating talent. The new HC just has to say yes Jerry and grab the $.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I believe it much smarter to hire a new coach and staff before you sign or re-sign any players.

The new coach should have a say in what new players are signed, drafted, etc. before his team takes the field in 2020.
Unless Urban and Riley have already told Jerry that they want Dak. Either way, the new HC will be hired within a couple of weeks.

Brax

Reaction score
Please stick to reality, the deal for this job is you take the franchise QB and GM in place. Leadership goes GM > QB > New rookie coach.
then no self respecting coach will take the job, and that is what the problem is with the DC the last 23 years, "Jerry knows best".

blueblood70

Reaction score
depends on which stretch of games they watch,

2nd half of Philly game Dak lost this game, there was as many wide open receivers and time in the pocket as there was against Washington but difference Dak missed them all, difference mentally is Washington had less pressure where as with his injury and the pressure in philly to get it done wore on him....hes the reason we lost to philly and didnt make the playoffs..if they watch many of the games the last month they may not want Dak..

if they watch the games against bad teams sure he looks like elite starter..

I'm thinking the truth of his talent lies somewhere in between...I think hes a good starter but really ranks it he tier from 10-15 area and I believe thats his ceiling 10.. any good coach can make that work but will he fit the new system where he learns new scheme and plays all together??

Its possible dak was thinking if his contract more then he stated out loud as the bigger game and biggest moments he was forcing the ball, looked to not run as much ie limiting injury situations, he was going away from run plays and padding stats and KM should have reeled that in because its obvious Zeke still is the barometer for this offense and they got away from that way too much the last month given Zekes hots starts and then in the 2nd half he hardly got carries..

I think he mentally lost it and him playing for his big deal may have got to him..maybe the non exclusive FT is best let see how he fits and responds in 2020...however the same issues could arise with no LTC..they better get a journeymen QB to back him up and a drafted QB that could be in line and let that Bridge the team to a new QB for 2021..

GMO415

Reaction score
Who ever is the HC must accept Dak as their QB period

EST_1986

Reaction score
lol that’s why he was up for Pro-Bowl.. do you just copy stuff from Philly fan’s twitter page.
Everyone is up for the pro bowl as long as you don’t have a PED suspension. It’s a popularity vote.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If Jerry writes the big check or tag Dak, I see prominent former coaches wanting this job.

I think coaches have a high opinion of Dak, and want a winning QB that can lead to a successful season.

I don't think that matters either way. What matters is if a coach makes Jerry feel "comfortable" or not.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I think Dak's a positive for this job...not a negative.

DFWJC

Reaction score

Overwhelming the correct answer.
:clap: