Dak could lead to best H.C hire

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FYI...……...reports coming out this morning by Werder that Garrett basically begged for his job for another year and cited Jones insisting on the promotion of Moore that was the reason for the bad year. Garrett wanted to call plays and wanted one more year with HIMSELF calling plays.

Another theory on Garrett, play calling, and who promoted Moore has now been revealed.
You really should go back and read all pages of the Werder and other threads here. None of this is new information nor confirmed, just rumors.

Blackrain

Reaction score
This is why Cowboy fan are so maligned. You got emotionally attached to Dak, I get it I really like him as a person too. Dak beat up on poor teams and put up a lot of garbage time stats. Whooo Hooo. He's a bus driver and a bus driver is just not good enough.
Bus driver , better comp % career than Goff or Wentz or Tom Brady this year for that matter #1 offense 30tds only 11int . Dak isnt Marcella Platt hes Patton

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
I believe it much smarter to hire a new coach and staff before you sign or re-sign any players.

The new coach should have a say in what new players are signed, drafted, etc. before his team takes the field in 2020.

This. If Zimmer and Kubiak come into town they run so much they may think it’s not worth paying Amari the 20 he is going to demand

conner01

Reaction score
then no self respecting coach will take the job, and that is what the problem is with the DC the last 23 years, "Jerry knows best".
Coaches take jobs every year with a GM and players in place
Dak is actually a better option than many get

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Jerry writes the big check or tag Dak, I see prominent former coaches wanting this job.

I think coaches have a high opinion of Dak, and want a winning QB that can lead to a successful season.
Cool story...

leeblair

Reaction score
If Jerry writes the big check or tag Dak, I see prominent former coaches wanting this job.

I think coaches have a high opinion of Dak, and want a winning QB that can lead to a successful season.
I know you want to promote Dak and are a big fan, but it doesn't work that way.
If anything, any allegiance to Dak on the part of the Cowboys will scare off top coaching candidates.
Dak has a lot of issues that keep him from being worthy of being labeled as a top quarterback, and incoming coaches will likely not be thrilled at being saddled with him.
I see Dak likely being picked up by Tampa Bay if he is tagged because I dont see them willing to pay big bucks to keep Winston.
But the Cowboys shouldn't commit big dollars to Prescott, either.
Garrett wanted to see Precott get a multi year deal for precisely this reason. He knew that a long term deal for Prescott likely meant he also would be extended.
But they both performed terrible this year.
And they both really should go elsewhere.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I believe it much smarter to hire a new coach and staff before you sign or re-sign any players.

The new coach should have a say in what new players are signed, drafted, etc. before his team takes the field in 2020.
We are talking about Jerry here. :laugh:

csirl

Reaction score
I agree. I’d tag Dak and let the new coach, if there is one, spend next season evaluating.

Surely JJ and Garrett wont still be having meetings by early March?

I'd expect a HC to be appointed before FA starts.

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
You might be the dumbest poster on this forum.
Dak just ended up one yard off your idol's career high in yardage and had the same 8-8 result Romo did.

The difference?? Tony Romo tossed 19 interceptions that season.
Dak tossed 11 this year.

Those who actually watched Cowboys football grew to love Tony and his gunslinging but dreaded his forced passes that turned into late game-losing interceptions.

No one here agree with you. Dak is not even in Romo league.

Retro88

Reaction score
The entire base of this thread must have been written as a joke. No way you are serious....i.hope.

Blackrain

Reaction score
No one here agree with you. Dak is not even in Romo league.

Agreed that was the league of heart breakers and bad decision makers . Dak is in a far higher league where he can put up Romo Stats with half the INTs Give us rushing yards and TDs while straight arming opponents into the ground .