Dak could lead to best H.C hire

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You keep bringing up Wentz. Do you think I'm a Wentz fan ? What makes you think that ? I'm a Cowboy fan. Wentz is no great passer himself.

He does that to everybody. It's a thing, I guess if you aren't 100% on all things Dak, then you are a Philly Wentz fan. I think it's really just meant to get a rise out of you. IDK

32BellyOption

Reaction score
I believe it much smarter to hire a new coach and staff before you sign or re-sign any players.

The new coach should have a say in what new players are signed, drafted, etc. before his team takes the field in 2020.

I agree. I’d tag Dak and let the new coach, if there is one, spend next season evaluating.

InTheZone

Reaction score
For keeping his team in the game while, his defense gets gashed, or kicker misses 4 game winning FGs.

L
Maybe I missed it but I believe Dak was a large reason for why we lost some low scoring games and has contributed to allowing the eagles to get a free pass into the playoffs for a second time...

NotForLong

Reaction score
He does that to everybody. It's a thing, I guess if you aren't 100% on all things Dak, then you are a Philly Wentz fan. I think it's really just meant to get a rise out of you. IDK
I think OP is between the ages of 15-23, he's got that Antifa mentality.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe it much smarter to hire a new coach and staff before you sign or re-sign any players.

The new coach should have a say in what new players are signed, drafted, etc. before his team takes the field in 2020.
I don't think that's reality, because a new coach isn't going to have time to work with players before making a decision, and you can't just leave key positions dangling.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
I don't think that's reality, because a new coach isn't going to have time to work with players before making a decision, and you can't just leave key positions dangling.

My top candidate are:
Urban Myers
Josh McDaniels
Greg Roman
Jim Caldwell

sean10mm

Reaction score
New coach decides IMO. I'm fine either way but the QB decision can't be separated from the coach decision.

If for instance Greg Roman says Dak can be the future then I give him the chance to make it work. If he says he wants nothing to do with Dak, then just rip the band-aid off and move on from Dak immediately.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

No coach is going to want to move on from Dak. It will be one of the big reasons they come here. If you were a HC would you want your young, franchise FA QB signed when you get there, or would you want to come here knowing that it is a risk that he doesn't get signed?

The notion that some big name HC is going to come in here and want to hit the reset button on the QB and go through 3-5 years of drafting, developing, and risking some rookie turning out to be great is on the side of ridiculous.

And do you think Jerry at his age is going to want to blow up everything with a rookie QB?

Never going to happen.

You go out and get a rookie QB then you might as well blow up the entire roster. You are talking about a full on rebuild.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
New coach decides IMO. I'm fine either way but the QB decision can't be separated from the coach decision.

If for instance Greg Roman says Dak can be the future then I give him the chance to make it work. If he says he wants nothing to do with Dak, then just rip the band-aid off and move on from Dak immediately.

Everyone would come to the very easy and obvious decision. Dak is the guy.

There is absolutely no doubt anywhere but a few biased fans that still cant get over Romo get passed over.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No coach is going to want to move on from Dak. It will be one of the big reasons they come here. If you were a HC would you want your young, franchise FA QB signed when you get there, or would you want to come here knowing that it is a risk that he doesn't get signed?

The notion that some big name HC is going to come in here and want to hit the reset button on the QB and go through 3-5 years of drafting, developing, and risking some rookie turning out to be great is on the side of ridiculous.

And do you think Jerry at his age is going to want to blow up everything with a rookie QB?

Never going to happen.

You go out and get a rookie QB then you might as well blow up the entire roster. You are talking about a full on rebuild.
That may be true, but you are assuming that the only other option would be to draft a quarterback. What if the new coach that comes in brings in a veteran quarterback?

Also, who's to say that a new coach may keep Dak for one year while they prepare a quarterback they draft this year?

I'm not saying that will happen or that it is even likely but rather it is smarter to make that decision after you hire a new coach, not before, if you have the luxury of doing so, and the Cowboys do.

Even if the new coach comes in and Jerry tells him, "Dak is our guy", at least it will appear the new coach was on board with that idea to the media and fans. Otherwise, all that would ever be talked about in the coming years would be how "Jerry forced Dak on the new coach".

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score

Perfectly said!

I think Dak on a tag with a new coach to get a year tryout in the system may be the best bet. But the coach should get a team that fits his style

Blackrain

Reaction score
I think Dak has a great reputation in the league as a person and leader, he has all the intangables. But it's painfully obvious that he is not highly regarded as a passer.
Show facts other than your opinion that support how he is regarded as a passer

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That may be true, but you are assuming that the only other option would be to draft a quarterback. What if the new coach that comes in brings in a veteran quarterback?

Also, whose to say that a new coach may keep Dak for one year while they prepare a quarterback they draft this year?

I'm not saying that will happen or that it is even likely but rather it is smarter to make that decision after you hire a new coach, not before, if you have the luxury of doing so, and the Cowboys do.

Even if the new coach comes in and Jerry tells him, "Dak is our guy", at least it will appear the new coach was on board with that idea to the media and fans. Otherwise, all that would ever be talked about in the coming years would be how "Jerry forced Dak on the new coach".

I am assuming that a new HC would be very very happy that Dak is sitting there about to enter his prime. Just like no HC is going to be upset he has Zeke Elliott and our Oline sitting there ready for him.

I just cant see it being any other way realistically.

This is a roster with a few tweaks that is a SB contender. Even the harshest critics acknowledge this fact.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak looks best on paper. Pray these prominent coaches don't watch tape. And when they do it had better be against bottom feeder 3 win teams where he looks much better than when he faced even average defenses. Most likely coaches are ok with Dak cause they have to be. Even the worst run organizations find prominent head coaches.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Also, who's to say that a new coach may keep Dak for one year while they prepare a quarterback they draft this year?

FYI...……...reports coming out this morning by Werder that Garrett basically begged for his job for another year and cited Jones insisting on the promotion of Moore that was the reason for the bad year. Garrett wanted to call plays and wanted one more year with HIMSELF calling plays.

Another theory on Garrett, play calling, and who promoted Moore has now been revealed.