Image: Dak could take naps and get pedicures with this pass protection

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol

Pete Prisco Verified account ‏@PriscoCBS
Hey rest of NFL passers, you jealous. Look at that room.

Cx4OFeoUoAAEoBB.jpg

Cx4OFebUsAIhz0_.jpg

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You could take pictures like this from any team.

What about when Dak sprinted out right and bought as much time as possible and found Beasley for a TD?

Is our OL great? Yes.. But our guys are making plays also.

aikemirv

Reaction score

What about when Dak sprinted out right and bought as much time as possible and found Beasley for a TD?

Yeah I agree. While he has struggled a few times with pressure - like the Eagles game, I think there has been plenty enough times where he has done well with pressure to show that he is the real deal. All QB's will play poorly with constant pressure, that is a given. There isn't anybody who succeeds in constant pressure that I have seen. His poise and movement in the pocket is very good. He always seems to move the right direction at the right time.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yeah I agree. While he has struggled a few times with pressure - like the Eagles game, I think there has been plenty enough times where he has done well with pressure to show that he is the real deal. All QB's will play poorly with constant pressure, that is a given. There isn't anybody who succeeds in constant pressure that I have seen. His poise and movement in the pocket is very good. He always seems to move the right direction at the right time.

Dak has had his rookie moments but he has them without turning the ball over and at the same time learning QUICK from his mistakes. By the end of each game he looks like a 5 year vet.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Prescott vs pressure
vs NYG 6 of 17 66 yd 0 td 0 int 47.7
@ Was 6 of 8 75 yd 0 td 0 int 103.6
vs Chi 4 of 6 25 yd 0 td 0 int 75.0
@ SF 7 of 12 45 yd 1 td 0 int 94.1
vs Cin 3 of 7 42 yd 0 td 0 int 62.8
@ GB 3 of 4 25 yd 0 td 1 int 51.0
vs Phi
@ Cle
@ Pit 6 of 9 96 yd 1 td 0 int 139.1
vs Bal 5 of 10 66 yd 1 td 0 int 104.6

I don't like posting incomplete information, but I don't pay $1,500 for PFF premium stats, and the above is what I've been able to piece together. We can assume that he was not good vs. pressure in the Philly game, and very good against the Browns.

In any case, the improvement is easy to see. Especially the more he practices with Dez, who had both of those recent TD.

Eddie

Reaction score
Dak needs to buy some serious Christmas presents for these guys. Empty the bank account if he has to. 5 new Porsches ...

Gabe

Reaction score
I like this OL, but they struggle at times. I believe in Dak's first 11 dropbacks vs Baltimore he was hurried 7 times. That's not very good protection. He was getting destroyed back there early on. Thankfully they got better as the game went on... And so did Dak's play as a result.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

Okay, Buzz Killington. ;)

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
I like this OL, but they struggle at times. I believe in Dak's first 11 dropbacks vs Baltimore he was hurried 7 times. That's not very good protection. He was getting destroyed back there early on. Thankfully they got better as the game went on... And so did Dak's play as a result.

Haha

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
LOL true! For 3 years right he is at the rookie cap?

I thought it was 4... I hope it's 4.

Heck if I were a rookie i'd rather be drafted in the 4th round than the first round if I were betting on myself and if that 3 years is true.

mrmojo

Reaction score
I thought it was 4... I hope it's 4.

Heck if I were a rookie i'd rather be drafted in the 4th round than the first round if I were betting on myself and if that 3 years is true.
Looks like 3 years, but 1st rounders get a bigger piece of the pie than a 4th rounder in those 3 years. Strange how the players association agreed to this.