Image: Dak could take naps and get pedicures with this pass protection

JJHLH1

Reaction score
67.7% completion rate for the season isn't good enough. Dak has to be near 100% or his weaknesses will be exposed by other teams.

Exactly. And Dak completed 75% of his passes, 300+ yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs against the Ravens #1 defense and people are complaining about missed throws when the pocket is collapsing all around him.

I just hope the Cowboys continue their excellent play. They are going to have their hands full against the Commanders tomorrow.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
If you are criticizing Dak's game against Baltimore you are trolling and it's hard to take you seriously. I just hope he continues to prepare and play well.

Was Dak perfect in the game? Did he make mistakes? Did he make any bad throws?

If you say he was perfect and didn't do a single thing wrong, then you are trolling.

If you answer those questions honestly (which so far you've indicated you can't), then the question becomes, are you capable of analyzing those mistakes or bad throws? Are you able to compare them with his good throws? Does anything stand out to you? Are there noticeable factors that may have contributed to these mistakes or bad throws?

Do you think the coaches just look at the stats at the end of the game, or do they watch the film and go over it with the players and...*gasp*...point out things they did wrong?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

If you say he was perfect and didn't do a single thing wrong, then you are trolling.

If you answer those questions honestly (which so far you've indicated you can't), then the question becomes, are you capable of analyzing those mistakes or bad throws? Are you able to compare them with his good throws? Does anything stand out to you?

Insert any qb:

Was he perfect in the game? Did he make mistakes? Did he make any bad throws?

JJHLH1

Reaction score

You obviously need to read better.

Dak wasn't perfect. As far as I know no quarterback has ever had a perfect game. But apparently that is the standard by which he is being judged, which is the part I don't get.

Scotman

Reaction score
They did, actually. They just weren't very good quarterbacks (with the exception of Romo when healthy). In 2015, Dallas' offensive line allowed 109 total pressures -- sacks, hits, and hurries -- which was by far the fewest in the league.

There's a misconception that clean pockets make all QB equal. Prescott's passer rating when not pressured currently ranks 3rd behind Brady and Ryan. IOW, this is not a case of Prescott simply having a lot of attempts without pressure and just being average. He's been very good.
Bingo.

We heard the same arguments in the 90's. The RB made the line look good. The line made the RB look good. The Line made the QB looks good...etc... The truth is, all of those things benefit all those other things. But they all have to be good or the whole thing crumbles.

Dak has surely benefited from a great line and a great RB. But they have benefited equally from Dak being the QB.

zeke21

Reaction score
I don't think I have heard a single poster suggest that Dak isn't playing at a very very high level right now.. like top 5 in the league type level which is unbelievable for a rookie.

I don't think suggesting that a good OLine and RB have 'helped' and saying that Dak has been great are mutually exclusive... which is what some posters are suggesting in such a diametric way or argument.

Not all QB's would be doing what Dak is right now.. even with the same OL and RB.. but at the same time I'm not sure Dak would be able to do what he is doing with every other team in the league right now.

Suggesting he has some minor 'flaws' that can be worked on for the next 15 years of his career isn't exactly knocking the kid.. and I'm not sure why so many insist on defending his play as perfect. He has known flaws against pressure and his mechanics make him flat footed and he tends to miss behind and high on those throws. Teams will try to exploit that weakness and have proven successful doing so in the first half.. the great news for ALL of us Boys fans.. is that no team has been able to sustain that pressure for an entire game yet and eventually the pass rush slows down and then Dak becomes absolutely lethal and puts up beyond perfect numbers behind centre.