Dak & Dalton should split snaps in TC

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Slow the roll on there being a season this year. Daks a decent qb top 12ish no more no less.

Adreme

Reaction score
Team salary caps might decline significantly over the next 2 years. That means Dallas can't just play for this year but must look ahead at same time. I don't see Dallas franchising Dak next year as it would cost close to 20% of their Salary Cap. This means Dallas has this year to find out if: 1) Dak is true contending SB QB and 2) Dalton is adequate replacement of Dak after season. That's alot to get done in what might be shortened NFL season. Roster is too talented to be lazy about addressing alternatives to Dak after season. I say open up camp with competition at QB.

The cap will not decline and Dalton is on a 1 year deal. Dalton is basically here taking a year off because the QB carousel was finished before he became a FA. If he plays any significant time at all this season (likely due to injury) and plays even halfway decent, you can basically assume he will command at least 25 million (hint Tannehill had his first complete half season in his career and got 30).

As for the cap it will not go down. The owners will follow the CBA and negotiate the obvious solution that everyone knows is coming to prevent the cap from going down.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Dalton is not an upgrade. Cheaper? Okay. :thumbup: If you guys want a stud, it's not coming yet. 8-8 teams don't get studs very often at QB. They're the first off the board. Minus a few anomalies. Eli won, and Ben did when he was hot garbage. Our fan base is insane. :laugh:

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Team salary caps might decline significantly over the next 2 years. That means Dallas can't just play for this year but must look ahead at same time. I don't see Dallas franchising Dak next year as it would cost close to 20% of their Salary Cap. This means Dallas has this year to find out if: 1) Dak is true contending SB QB and 2) Dalton is adequate replacement of Dak after season. That's alot to get done in what might be shortened NFL season. Roster is too talented to be lazy about addressing alternatives to Dak after season. I say open up camp with competition at QB.
:lmao::laugh::laugh::lmao:

HungryLion

Reaction score
No this shouldn’t happen.

Not if the cowboys want to win as many games as possible this season.

They have a new head coach and there was no OTA’s or mini camps. Dak needs as many reps as he can get.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dakota IS a bus driver and Dalton is past his inconsistent prime......but hes not over payed or overvalued
Yeah.....but just because shabazz says this doesn’t make it true lol. The Cowboys nor anyone else use your talent evaluations as gospel.

shabazz

Reaction score
Yeah.....but just because shabazz says this doesn’t make it true lol. The Cowboys nor anyone else use your talent evaluations as gospel.

True.....but the non existence of a long term contract up to this point, gives it all the credence in the world.

Rocyaice and his Comrades assured us and guaranteed us for the last 2 years this would never happen......but, "The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry"

"Look into my eyes" :lmao2: I may be your future"
andy-dalton-bengals-2019-cnn-860x484.jpg

Chuck 54

Reaction score
You always should play for just this year! You owe it to the fans and players. The front office should work with next year and years after in mind...salaries, roster, etc. coaches and players should be 100% focused on the upcoming season. Dalton is a veteran, and due to the shortened preseason and preseason games, Dak should get most of the snaps.

tm1119

Reaction score
Somehow the takes on this whole situation keeps worse. I assumed they’d level out at some point...but nope, somehow the floor for stupidity is lower than I thought

shabazz

Reaction score
Somehow the takes on this whole situation keeps worse. I assumed they’d level out at some point...but nope, somehow the floor for stupidity is lower than I thought

I agree, why would somebody who's been sponging off his brother, moan about his benefactor getting 33 million dollars to support his no working butt?

seems stupid to most of us

MarcusRock

Reaction score
agree. THE CAPS are going to see a massive reset. Teams are already in panic mode. The Chiefs better hope they have a season...they handed boatloads of money out. They could see talent leave next year..its one thing to have a salary cap...it another to be able to pay it out and fulfil contracts. What happens when the revenue dries up? lol

Teams aren't the only ones in panic mode. Geez.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Almost none of these Dalton-backers have watched Cincy games. When we play them this year, it'll be most people's first Cincy game watched in 4 years. Lol.
I was going to say. A lot of people must just hate Dak blindly so say dalton is better or on par. Dalton has been hot garbage for the better part of the last 5 seasons.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
He got things done? 0-4 in the playoffs.
He is actually 0-5 in the playoffs with 1 TD and 6 INTs....... that was with playoff caliber talent around him. Last season with some decent talent.....16 TDs 14 INTs.

Dalton is a beast and next coming of Tom Brady

conner01

Reaction score
contracts like Mahomes' deal wont be done again. Its an anomaly. GET READY FOR THE ECONOMIC RESET IN THE NFL.
I suspect the chiefs knew a month ago what we know now about the future cap situation
I do so something of a reset for most players but a guy like mahomes is getting paid
It would take years to reset the contracts around the league
I think what you could see is some teams having to cut players they didn’t want to cut. And free agents doing more short deals to get through a year or two till cap is fixed
The idea of a cap within the cap would depend on selling the players on such a plan because it a long time till next CBA is done
I don’t expect this cap issue to last more than 3 years, assuming the issues causing the cap issues only effects this season
If it effects future seasons then it could get really bad for the cap and god only knows what could happen
I love the idea of a cap on any one player based on pct of cap but selling it to players could be hard. Players are influenced by agents and they won’t like it. I think in time it raises pay to other players and overall more guys make more money