Dak dead last in the Red Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Not gonna lie, the fact that the OP was so looking forward to posting this to crap on our starting QB, that he completely missed the fact it was from last season....is completely hilarious. Also very indicative of the mentality of the few posters on this site that exist only to talk negatively about the Cowboy's starting QB. They will reach for anything in their flailing attempts and it is simultaneously sad and funny.
Possibly an honest mistake?
He is usually a solid poster here.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
giphy.gif

shabazz

Reaction score
Stats do not always represent the facts of the full picture because there are always other factors at play. For example, they attempt a lot of low-risk and also low-chance corner passes, especially on first down inside the 10 because they know they can run it on second down.

I am neither a Dak homer or a Dak hater, but the Cowboys offensive approach and play calling inside the red zone is more of the issue than the quarterback. They play it very conservative once they get inside the 10 yard line and Dak throws more passes away often when no one is clearly open as a result to avoid turnover risks.

I am not saying Dak is good in the red zone, but I have noticed that the play calling at times inside the 10 has been very questionable. I think that is the primary reason for their struggles in that area.

Agree. The breakdowns that have happened in the red zone are shared responsibility. The offensive lines difficulties in run blocking is vulnerable with goal line defense’s facing them. Lack of an elite TE doesn’t make the situation any better…….basically they aren’t going to be able to impose their will in the red zone through the run like some teams can.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
I don't think this achieved the affect that you desired. Switch the year to 2021 brother. Dak checks in at #8 with a completion percentage 10%+ higher than anyone above him.

P.S. your fly is down.
In truth, he isn’t a professional research analyst, but he did stay at a Motel 6 last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.