Dak-Deniers/Fact Haters, What Will Dak Have to Do for You to Eat Crow?

Scotman

Reaction score
Well, i usually dont answer Dak threads like this anymore. Just once in a while. And this time i decided to do so.

Most Dak Threads are lead by emotions and trying to simplify things by taking on extreme positions. They often offend others, title them as haters or lovers. Just like this one. I just can't understand how people think they will get a fundamentally sound answer by starting a thread like the one here. But anyways, as i said, i will post my kind of view to this one.

You talk a lot about "facts" but you don't give any source for them. You act like everybody has to "know" that Dak is a great player, but to prove your point you rely only on your own feelings. That isn't bad at all, everybody is free to like or dislike persons. But to talk about facts and then don't prove your point is weak.

You say Dak is a winner. That's a thesis (which by the way you again don't prove) which i tend to deny. Of course Dak seem to act like one. He seems to be a leader, and his body language is the one of someone who is always able to forget about his bad play and focuses on the next one. It seems he is well accepted by his teammates also. But none (including me) can say that for sure. We are not involved in the locker room, nor in the one-on-one talks between him and his coaches. All we have is the media and watching the games. That's not much to really get a picture of him. Else nobody in the NFL would have meetings with players they tend to draft or sign, if watching tape was enough.

But you use the word "winner" not because of those attributes. You use those attributes to talk him into a winner on the field. And that, to me, he certainly is not. American football is a sport (if not THE sport) that relies heavily on playing together as a functional unit. To me on offense it's even more important than on defense. You don't have success if players around you don't do "their job". So to say Dak is a winner just because he has a winning record, does only prove that he has a lot of players around him who know and are able to do their part. It does not prove that he is able to elevate players around him. IMO he is not. If you are not convinced then just look at what happened 2018 before Armani Cooper arrived here and/or Colombo took over the OL duties. And if you don't believe me that a player has to be in the right system and be surrounded by the right people to be successful then watch Chris Carter and what he does say about his success in the NFL.

On a side-note: I totally agree with everything those people say about Warren Moon. Heck, this guy threw one of the most beautiful balls i ever watched. I saw this guy play over his whole career. And i can tell you: he is a beauty to watch. To compare Dak to him is just unfair. I understand that prepping up your player is the way to go (especially in the offseason). But Kitna didn't do him good with that one.

I for myself have no feelings regarding Prescott. How should i ? I never met this guy. I have no relationship with him. All i want is my franchise to be successful. And here comes the problem.

Right now to me Dak Prescott is a mediocre QB. He has a lot of negatives on him. That isn't a problem at first. But in the last 3 years, he didn't show me anything that makes me believe he can get better in those. Because he didn't get better in that timespan. To give him a long-term contract and bind the faith of your franchise to him to me seems like a too risky move right now

Here are some of the deficiencies i recognice by watching him play:
  • He is only a one read QB.
  • His vision is not good. He doesn't see the whole field.
  • He focuses too much and too long on one WR (which goes with my first bullet point).
  • He isn't good at managing the pocket at all. He takes way too many sacks he should not.
  • His accuracy is not good. He for sure has a strong arm, but he can't put the ball where it belongs (one reasons of Dez' decline playing with him).
  • He can't read the DE well enough to be a real weapon as an option QB.
  • He has a lot of troubles with his footwork.

Well, to prove some of my points, here is a (IMO good) article that shows some of his deficiencies. Don't get bothered by the sensational caption - the article's worth reading.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/06/da...fDUdlpEI7SbnbLR_TRDnUFGsjAhh2UqMiZ2-oORS3J7w4

It shows very nicely what someone could sense by watching him play. Besides all the wins and his attributes (which i mentioned above) he leaves a feeling that doesn't convinces you. The stats (in your words "facts") tell a good story and matches with what you experience when you watch him play.

Those yellows and especially the red mark disturbs me. I even don't consider the green into the short flat to the right because most of it comes from screen passes to Zeke. He has to get better in the passing game. If he can get 50% of those yellows erased into greens and turns the red one into a green too, then we can talk about a contract again.

I myself consider Dak Prescott - compared to all starting NFL QBs - in the middles twenties right now. But i can live with the 18th spot PFF placed him also.

Here is another good video about Daks flaws:

Some more "facts":

https://fansided.com/2018/11/14/dak-prescott-cowboys-film-review-eagles/

On a new contract i would consider us not in a hurry. I for my own would like to watch him play for the half or in the third of the next season and then decide what you want to do with him. If he shows that he can get better then i am absolutely convinced to sign him to a long-term contract. But remember, if he doesn't pan out we still have the FT for 2020 and than maybe trading him. Which brings me to my last point.

There is a lot more to say, but to close my post, i don't want to say trading Prescott under all costs is a valuable option. But if someone - like this article suggests - is really willing to give me that kind of return i would strongly consider it. Just imagine what you could do with another rookie QB and the salary he will get: You could keep Cooper, LVE, Jalon Smith, Randall Cobb, etc etc.... We would be in great shape and considered a contender for years to come (of course, if the new QB pans out).

#21.

Now this is a sound argument! No name calling. No inflammatory speech. Just your reasons and some support to back it up. I don't agree with everything in it. I've seen more positives, but I totally understand your points. The things you mention are why I would absolutely wait to sign Dak if there isn't a discount for doing it early.

Bravo on the write-up.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The team wins in spite of Dak, not b/c of him. His best year is still his rookie year when he was an unknown running an abreviated offense. If you look at his passing stats, he's a middle of the pack NFL starting QB not a star or a QB opposing defenses fear.

It is likely we saw the best of him in 2016. The real question is what more to the Dak fans have to see before realizing he's just a decent QB and a step down from Romo.

Sydla

Reaction score
Which pro bowl are you talking about his first or his second? Was he a replacement for rookie of the year also?

So what does your skilled QB analysis eye tell you about Dak and Sanchez? Who is a better QB? Can you tell the difference between the two?

His pro bowl last year, for sure. He was the 6th QB.

Rodgers, Brees, Goff, Trubisky and Wilson all made it before Dak. Wilson replaced Rodgers, Trubisky replaced Goff because Goff was still in the playoffs. Dak got in when Brees then backed out.

So citing Pro Bowls as a positive is kind of silly.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I had to take the offseason off of this place because I'm a pragmatist: I go with what works.

Dak Prescott as the Dallas Cowboys quarterback works.

And the numbers prove it.

Numbers are facts, to me at least. Most stats can tell you something in the context of the team... Dak has the stats of a winner. He wins. He's proven that.

So, I get tired of arguing with people who think Dak's a loser — for whatever reason.

That facts are, almost every single statistic you point at proves he's not.

So, what would Dake have to do in 2019 for all of the Dak-hating, fact-denying quarterback know-it-alls to eat crow on Dak being a legit quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys?

I was Romo's first fan. I loved watching him play. But I'm happy to be moving forward with Dak.

What would he have to do to make you happy?

Well for me the chump needs to win a SB.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I had to take the offseason off of this place because I'm a pragmatist: I go with what works.

Dak Prescott as the Dallas Cowboys quarterback works.

And the numbers prove it.

Numbers are facts, to me at least. Most stats can tell you something in the context of the team... Dak has the stats of a winner. He wins. He's proven that.

So, I get tired of arguing with people who think Dak's a loser — for whatever reason.

That facts are, almost every single statistic you point at proves he's not.

So, what would Dake have to do in 2019 for all of the Dak-hating, fact-denying quarterback know-it-alls to eat crow on Dak being a legit quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys?

I was Romo's first fan. I loved watching him play. But I'm happy to be moving forward with Dak.

What would he have to do to make you happy?

Many negative posters don't have a goal to ever be "happy".

Extreme negativity is the easiest method for them to get attention.
It makes them feel empowered. It's a similar concept to conspiracy theorists.
If 1 guy is the only person that's discovered a conspiracy, then in his mind he must be smarter than everybody else.​

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
His pro bowl last year, for sure. He was the 6th QB.

Rodgers, Brees, Goff, Trubisky and Wilson all made it before Dak. Wilson replaced Rodgers, Trubisky replaced Goff because Goff was still in the playoffs. Dak got in when Brees then backed out.

So citing Pro Bowls as a positive is kind of silly.

So you thinking being named the 6th best QB in the NFC is an insult? And how about his first pro bowl? Or does that not suit your agenda?

So is it better to be named to the pro bowl or not named?

The things you trolls say gets more and more ridiculous.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Now this is a sound argument! No name calling. No inflammatory speech. Just your reasons and some support to back it up. I don't agree with everything in it. I've seen more positives, but I totally understand your points. The things you mention are why I would absolutely wait to sign Dak if there isn't a discount for doing it early.

Bravo on the write-up.

Thanks a-lot Scotman!

No need to agree with me on every point. I appreciate other views.

Took me some time to write that. But i figured the time was worth spent.

morat1959

Reaction score
All of this has been addressed.

Wins: This isn't a single player stat

Comeback wins: On the big stage, what comeback wins has Dak had? Is Aaron Rodgers a comeback king for bringing his team back against lowly opponents while being 2-36 against teams with winning records?

Yards per completion: He was 16th out of all starting QBs last year

TD to INT: Prescott threw 500+ times last year, only had 22 TD passes. He has low TD passes for the amount of times he threw. This means he's ultra conservative with the football. This is not efficiency like elite QBs in their best years.

Might want to bring up what that "on and on" is.

Well said!

coult44

Reaction score
I would love to be proved wrong if it makes us win. Thats all I really care about. The funny thing is you said Dak would have to get hurt for my argument to be laughed at.

Sorry, that was just an example. I don’t want Dak getting hurt. Hell, I don’t want Wentz or Brady getting hurt, I just don’t think we should laugh at other people who have different opinions. If we get lucky enough to win a Super Bowl in the next 1-25 years, we should all celebrate together!!!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
His play is why he’s getting the contract, crap-for-brains.

“DURRR NO CORRELATION!”
:laugh:
no, its not his play. its the market dummy....that's what QBs get these days..... learn the difference...… but then again, a single cell brained organism has limitations

:muttley:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Hilarious. How do REAL Cowboy fans NOT like Dak? 4th round pick and the kid has come out in his first 3 years with one heck of a resume. Most consistent this team has been since Aikman.

The ONLY way you hate Dak is if your an Eagles or Commanders fan.
so nw the DakLovers draw a line. either love Dak or you not even a cowboys fan....that's even further than calling you a dak hater....what's next, either Love Dak or you don't deserve to live...therein lies the problem with Dak Lovers.

JBS

Reaction score
If Zeke goes down for the season early, and Dak wins 12+ games while continuing to match his currently impeccable QBR, I'll have no problem eating crow. Prove you can it under all circumstances, not just the convenient ones placed in front of you.

So dak can't prove his worth unless Zeke gets hurt? That seems a bit dumb

Sydla

Reaction score
So you thinking being named the 6th best QB in the NFC is an insult? And how about his first pro bowl? Or does that not suit your agenda?

So is it better to be named to the pro bowl or not named?

The things you trolls say gets more and more ridiculous.

It’s not the great accomplishment you wanted to convey.

The “trolls” comment is hilarious.

12+88=7

Reaction score
u are not using good logic, last year rodgers was 3-5 when opposing teams score 30 points. I guess he sucks too?
Also the qb does not soley determine how many points his team scores lol.
If that were the case many qb would always score 40 points a game every game.
Dak does not design plays or call plays, or make game plans, or determine overall offensive scheme.
Dallas is using a run short pass balanced offense, which just isnt going to score a lot of points.
Teams that go heavy on pass tend to score more.
Dallas has too many 3 and outs, and each one of those eliminates a possession and doesnt eat much time.
Dallas needs to dominate top, but have not done that well since 2016

I used the 30 point mark as this signifies the game is a shootout.

That is my biggest fear with Prescott. I don't believe he has the gunslinger gene to win these games. This is why Prescott is never mentioned when the conversation is about top QBs, he doesn't have the "it" in the passing game.

In 2016 I didn't want Dallas to face Green Bay or Atlanta because of their high scoring offense's, Dallas lost to Green Bay 34-31.

In 2018 I didn't want Dallas to face Los Angeles or New Orleans because of their offense's, Dallas lost to Los Angeles giving up 30 points.

For Dallas to be considered a SB favorite, not just a contender has to with their offense, or the lack of. This is on Prescott.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
I’m not a Dak hater. I’m a Dak fan but I have serious doubts that he’s an elite / franchise QB. What would change my mind is if he cleans up the issues that I see on film. Primarily footwork, accuracy, and read anticipation. Dak’s intangibles, intelligence, and leadership are all franchise worthy. He hasn’t yet paired the arm talent with that but if he ever does he will be a force to be reckoned with and well worth $35 mill a year.

nobody

Reaction score
I’m not a Dak hater. I’m a Dak fan but I have serious doubts that he’s an elite / franchise QB. What would change my mind is if he cleans up the issues that I see on film. Primarily footwork, accuracy, and read anticipation. Dak’s intangibles, intelligence, and leadership are all franchise worthy. He hasn’t yet paired the arm talent with that but if he ever does he will be a force to be reckoned with and well worth $35 mill a year.

I have some of the same concerns that you do, but I believe that he has the ability to correct the flaws in his game. I believe in him and support him, but would prefer not signing him yet to make absolutely sure that he is improving and hasn't plateaued. This season should show just how much Linehan was hampering his game and Moore's adjustments and Kitna as QB coach should help him overcome some of his flaws.

HoplessCowboysFan36

Reaction score
Sorry, that was just an example. I don’t want Dak getting hurt. Hell, I don’t want Wentz or Brady getting hurt, I just don’t think we should laugh at other people who have different opinions. If we get lucky enough to win a Super Bowl in the next 1-25 years, we should all celebrate together!!!

We all get bored this time of year so arguing passes the time. Lol. I try to respect people's opinions. Especially here. The constant over bashing of Dak is the only thing that really bothers me, even though I do understand were it comes from. Here is to the next 25 years... HOPEFULLY THEY WILL BE BETTER THEN THE LAST!!