Dak disappointed in Garrett and Kitna being let go

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
English please.

None of the coaches departed based on their own decision. All were fired or or didn't have their contract renewed with is the same as being fired but they don't get severance pay.

People that get fired usually resent the organization that fired them.

FabulousHotAmericanlobster-size_restricted.gif

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I have no evidence to support this, but Kitna was probably just what Dak needed.

There’s a lot of commonality between them but Kitna is the yin to Dak’s yang.

Kitna was a daredevil on the field. Dak was pretty conservative tossing the pigskin until last year.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I wish Dak would sit down and do a interview. Answer all these questions..

glimmerman

Reaction score
Lots of players are going to be disappointed or mad that JG is gone. That’s because the last 10 years the players ran the team. You have players like D-Law running around telling the rookies don’t worry about JG, he don’t run anything. There was no real threat of being punished or fined. He had position coaches run drills while he ran around clapping. If anyone watched the amazon special about the team you would see. He sat in meetings and film and cussed saying there lack of effort made him sick. The players were not even paying attention. Elliot came in late from the clubs and the coaches said nothing.

MM will run this team the way it should be. As long as JJ stays out of it, which I think he will. Have not had this since big tuna. BP would give you a little kudos when you did good, just enough to make you feel proud and want to keep doing it. But when you screwed up he was in your face. I remember a game when a player screwed up big time (I think he was out of position or missed the tackle and gave up a first down) and the player ran by tuna and gave about a 5 yard gap and tuna stared at him so mad, the player glanced over but ran on to the bench and sat down. BP pulled his head set off and followed him and stopped about 6 feet away and just stared at him. That player knew he was mad and what was coming in practice. JG would just clap and smile.

Being mean isn’t all a coach needs to do but the players knowing there is a coach and structure and a boss is important. They want to be on the field playing for money. If your HC benches you no matter what your name is then you will practice harder and try harder.

MM will likely make a example of someone. Not sure who but don’t be surprised if Elliot or someone shows up late to a practice and catches a fine or rides the pine for a quarter. Or is booted from the team if he isn’t a star.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I think you know the difference between what defenses were allowed to do then and what they're allowed to do now. Also, does that stat include all the years he didn't have a very good OL?

Mind you, I'm not expressing an opinion on Dak.

Ya make all the excuses when Aikman and the Cowboys won 3 Super Bowls and in one of those years 10 of the starting 11 on offense were voted to the Pro Bowl including that offensive line you talked about. And why is it that other QB's in the same era playing against the same kind of defenses had higher completion percentages. It's not like Aikman wasn't that accurate it's that Prescott has a higher completion percentage as Aikman.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Nope. He never had to beat out anyone for his position. He was protected and never made to play behind the second string line in preseason or in games in which the entire offensive line wasn't starting .

Who did Zeke beat out for his position?

Frozen700

Reaction score
You're really funny with your accuracy BS. Aikman which most fans thinks was an accurate QB only had 1 season with a better completion percentage than Prescott has.

Truth hurts, damn.

Go watch Dak vs Carr. Then watch his last game vs the eagles to get us in the playoffs. PLAYOFFS. Should of been lights out. Should of looked like a 40 million QB.

Damn.

#DontpayDak

Grenic

Reaction score
Cracks me up all you guys know about Dak is what he shows you, you have no clue who he really is like with all football players. I think most of us thought Tony would suck as an analyst, well....

MiddleStar

Reaction score
Just to add to the conspiracy, after the 2021-22 season:
Jones will have finished his 3rd season
Garrett will have had two seasons to "Phillips" Judge in NY

So your 2022 NYG: HC: Clapper
QB: Dak

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Truth hurts, damn.

Go watch Dak vs Carr. Then watch his last game vs the eagles to get us in the playoffs. PLAYOFFS. Should of been lights out. Should of looked like a 40 million QB.

Damn.

#DontpayDak

Lets totally forget about the 3 dropped passes on 3 downs and the lack of running game, the 4 holding penalties on the offensive line and the all of one 3 and out the defense had. Yes lets put the entire blame on Prescott and forget about all the other players who I won't say helped but hurt the team. It's funny when the Cowboys win the Prescott haters say it's a team sport and Prescott is just part of that team but when they lose it's no longer a team sport and all Prescott's fault.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm sure Dak is not the only player who was disappointed to see Garrett go. Garrett had good relationships with several players. In the end they all understand this is a business and Garrett was not advancing the team where they should have. The disappointment is also players knowing it was their own failures as well that lead to the firing.

John813

Reaction score
I mean, Garrett was his first HC, and didn't he vouch for Dak over Tony in 2016?

Sure, losing your HC you probably had a good relationship to sucks, but TBD if he is really upset or it was a, "well that sucks, but I'm open to MM coming here now" situation. That is, if this isn't all speculation.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Lets totally forget about the 3 dropped passes on 3 downs and the lack of running game, the 4 holding penalties on the offensive line and the all of one 3 and out the defense had. Yes lets put the entire blame on Prescott and forget about all the other players who I won't say helped but hurt the team. It's funny when the Cowboys win the Prescott haters say it's a team sport and Prescott is just part of that team but when they lose it's no longer a team sport and all Prescott's fault.

It's funny how we win, it was all Prescott. We lose, it's everyone but Prescott.

You trolls are funny. Wanted us to throw away our future for one man, so y'all could laugh at Jerry.

Jokes on you all. They didn't bite, now he sits on a 1 year deal, looking at the door about to hit him on his way out after he regrets not taking a deal only the cowboys will pay.

#DontpayDak