Dak extension I'm confused!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I wonder if Dak has convinced an elderly man with possibly dementia that he's Patrick Mahomes.
He has ! lol
And Dak has been good for the circus, he keeps people talking about him.
Dak is talked about more than mahomes is, just a lot of it is anti dak talk, but jerry likes that too!

Chasing6

Reaction score
Why would you still think this when Stephen said all they're thinking about is a Dak extension? I think your heart is winning over your head on this one.
Some of these fans are still under a Trance.

Jayinem

Reaction score
The Jones' don't have the balls to do anything but cave to Dak make him the highest paid player in the NFL. They already did it with Dak after "playing hardball" for a year last time, they also made Zeke the highest paid RB, they'll make CeeDee the highest paid WR and Micah the highest paid Linebacker. This is who they are.

Jerry has the same mentality as a Dak only fan. "But we'll suck in the regular season without Dak" scares him more than the idea that Dak has proven he can't win in the playoffs and we should cut bait no matter what.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I am tired of Dak, Lamb, MM and his staff, and jerry and his boy, ( they are boring with giant egos, and care more about $ than winning) so I can have more fun rooting against them.As long as these guys are here I have to root against this team.

I was afraid that last year they may get past div round, win nfc champ and possibly the SB!
But as usual they knocked themselves out and were KO'd in WC round.

I have to say that was the worst playoff game performance since 2009 for a cowboy team.
Everyone was shocked by that game lol.

And the same people who brought you that disaster are all brought back for another go at it, except dan quinn and some of his guys.
And it looks they may all be here for another 5 years, except mike , not sure if they keep him or give it to zimmer.

Some boring predictable seasons ahead guys !

Dan was I think sick of the circus and was desperate to get out now
. I think jhe may have pulled up on the reins in that GB game as payback
for jerry bringing mike back, over letting dan have the HC job.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Are we going to extend him and give him more years to play for this organization, and more money??

Or are we extending him ONLY to a add voidable years to his deal, if we're doing this, what's the issue?? It's a one year deal basically, and he can be out in 2025!

Big dog thanks for your help, but every time I hear fans mention this, I think the worst thing is going to happen.
I am getting used to doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome.

Chasing6

Reaction score
The Jones' don't have the balls to do anything but cave to Dak make him the highest paid player in the NFL. They already did it with Dak after "playing hardball" for a year last time, they also made Zeke the highest paid RB, they'll make CeeDee the highest paid WR and Micah the highest paid Linebacker. This is who they are.

Jerry has the same mentality as a Dak only fan. "But we'll suck in the regular season without Dak" scares him more than the idea that Dak has proven he can't win in the playoffs and we should cut bait no matter what.
Well you missed his speech on his new holistic approach.

Has he finally figured out after 30+ years in the NFL, that football is a team sport?

Does he now realize that individual parts are not as important as the team?

Who said you can't teach an old dog, something else that all the other GM's already understand?

I guess that was me.

Qcard

Reaction score
Are we going to extend him and give him more years to play for this organization, and more money??

Or are we extending him ONLY to a add voidable years to his deal, if we're doing this, what's the issue?? It's a one year deal basically, and he can be out in 2025!

Big dog thanks for your help, but every time I hear fans mention this, I think the worst thing is going to happen.
I predict 4yrs $240M $120M guaranteed

Nick Wright 3yrs $175M fully guaranteed

These ballpark numbers should clear up your confusion.

ICP

Reaction score
Join the club, we will just have to wait and see how badly/much Dumb and Dumber value him

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Laugh and call me an optimist but I still believe an extension will not occur for many reasons as one has not been earned or warranted.
Most likely they make whatever contract adjustments and let him play out his final year absorbing and going with the one-year void which will give him a 40-mill cap hit.
March 13th is just around the corner.
It really depends on Lance.

If they think he is ready, then Dak is gonna get cut.

HanD

Reaction score
Since he’s in a position to refuse any deal it is unlikely he’ll agree to a new deal that does not have the no trade clause. The player wields a lot of power with that clause. The Eagles had never granted a player a no trade clause but gave in to Hurts’ demand for one. They’ll likely find themselves in a similar jam as Dallas is in now negotiating with their QB1’s.
Yeah it's wishful thinking that if he has high demands that they won't fold. But at some point if he asks for too much they need to just bite the bullet for a year or two and take the hit.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Dak is going no where any time soon and he is getting a massive raise. Just accept it everyone knows it is inevitable.

Mannix

Reaction score
He most likely (99.9%) will get an extension. That means he will be a Cowboy longer than most want. And he will get more money. It should make him the highest paid player in the history of the league.

There will be voidable years added. But it won't be a simple one year and out deal. It will probably be a 3 or 4 year deal before we get to those voidable years.

Until we see the details everything is just a guess. But it's somewhat easy to make an educated guess. Just know that a lot of people are going to be really upset over whatever happens.
If this happens…WoW…just WOW!!!

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My hope
They make a low offer and allow him to seek a trade.
Dak sits out a while, and becomes a 6/1 cut.
Likely? Jerry signs him to a huge record breaking deal while he basks in the media glow .
meanwhile destroying the teams future. My early prediction 8-9 best case.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

probably the second. Jerry has no idea what he is doing as a GM. he traded for Lance, now has one year left to decide if he wants to keep him or not, given in 2025 he will have a 25M cap hit if they pick up his option. he said, he is all in, which means not lance (signals rebuild), he has to keep Dak (cornered himself yet again), thus he is not stuck in a rock and a hard place. he probably wants Dak for one or at most two years, with a contract such that he can get out in two years and take overly massive hit. not sure if Dak and his agent are going to do that. they don't have to, since they hold all the cards.

Jerry again, made a mess of things.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Jerrah will stick with him until the end. Remember 10 years of Garrett
if keeping Dak costs him money, they he will get rid of him and spin the next story. Jerry thinks short term (at most two years) only. maximize profits immediately in front of you. right now, this year, despite everything, we had the highest attendance in the league (cha ching), tops in jersey sales (cha ching) and ticket sales are still going good (cha ching). so if the cha ching goes away, he will quickly pivot to the next QB, spin it as the best move ever for the cowboys, say he is all in and goal is championship (again, for the 29th time) and move on (cha ching)

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak wants more mega millions.

$$$$$$$$

He’s a failure.

Our cap is already jacked up because of him.

No thanks.
he wants mega millions. wouldn't you? not saying he deserves it, but he holds all the cards against Jerry.
He is a failure. the entire organization is a failure. I haven't seen anything in 28 years that shows otherwise.
Cap is what it is. its manipulated. not sure I agree its jacked up. we had 20M cap space last year, 15M cap space this year. contracts get re-done. money pushed down the line. renegotiated. etc. typical of all NFL teams.

Jerry left himself no choice or else he stands to lose a lot of money......

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The jones boys have now decided to extend dak for at least 4 more years.
Dak will be the starting qb for the next 4 years ! get used to it.
He will get more $ of course, I predicted 60 mil last year.

There will be no outs, they will be locked in with Dak, and no other options.
If dak were to get long term injury, it will be next man up! And they will roll with rush or lance.

Jones boys feel what they are currently doing is working, as long as stadium fills up each home game the money keeps rolling in.
People keep talking about cowboys, so must be doing thier job good!

They also feel if the team makes the playoffs, they are "close" lol , so why change anything?

Jerry really believes that if they make playoffs, they just need to get lucky and maybe they get to SB and win it.
He has no clue about what it takes to do good in playoffs, win nfc champ and then win the SB. No clue at all, except "get lucky"
this was a perfect description of how jones boys think. specially the last two.