Dak extension I'm confused!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He most likely (99.9%) will get an extension. That means he will be a Cowboy longer than most want. And he will get more money. It should make him the highest paid player in the history of the league.

There will be voidable years added. But it won't be a simple one year and out deal. It will probably be a 3 or 4 year deal before we get to those voidable years.

Until we see the details everything is just a guess. But it's somewhat easy to make an educated guess. Just know that a lot of people are going to be really upset over whatever happens.
Playing devils advocate what if this doesn't happen, and they just flip the switch?????

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Are we going to extend him and give him more years to play for this organization, and more money??
Yes....because "we like our guys" - they need to keep selling this turd to us because apparently we are on the "doorstep" of winning it all, even though we somehow can't seem to make it out of the first two rounds of the playoffs.

shabazz

Reaction score
more about a man believing he is an excellent judge of quarterback talent--despite outside criticism stating otherwise.

I would take that same theory and apply it to EVERY player that Jerry personally brings in here.......3rd party prospective means nothing to him.

But I still believe "safe" apply to Jerry's standards as well .... other than Parcells, there's been a Conga Line of safe "yes men" brought in as coaches.

McCarthy and Zimmer being here this season is safe and familiar.......there will be no Harbaugh type to ever pass through our doors

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
as confusing as all this is...does the extension have to come by March 11, or whenever the new league year starts?
I think it does, but I swear they said they can still negotiate during the season. I think honestly they have to do something so they know how much money they'll have in free agency. They can use other players as restructures and still be under the cap by that time

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Technically, they don’t have to do anything.

But his current deal is killing our cap.

They can

1) do nothing and scrape by with a jacked up cap. Disaster.

2) cut and designate June 1. Save 34 mill. My favorite.

3) extend/restructure and kick the can into 2025+. Disaster.
# 2 yikes!!!!! you'll make many happy with this one

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Since he’s in a position to refuse any deal it is unlikely he’ll agree to a new deal that does not have the no trade clause. The player wields a lot of power with that clause. The Eagles had never granted a player a no trade clause but gave in to Hurts’ demand for one. They’ll likely find themselves in a similar jam as Dallas is in now negotiating with their QB1’s.
ok well don't add that in there don't let him hold that over your heads like that

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Laugh and call me an optimist but I still believe an extension will not occur for many reasons as one has not been earned or warranted.
Most likely they make whatever contract adjustments and let him play out his final year absorbing and going with the one-year void which will give him a 40-mill cap hit.
March 13th is just around the corner.
this right here!!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The jones boys have now decided to extend dak for at least 4 more years.
Dak will be the starting qb for the next 4 years ! get used to it.
He will get more $ of course, I predicted 60 mil last year.

There will be no outs, they will be locked in with Dak, and no other options.
If dak were to get long term injury, it will be next man up! And they will roll with rush or lance.

Jones boys feel what they are currently doing is working, as long as stadium fills up each home game the money keeps rolling in.
People keep talking about cowboys, so must be doing thier job good!

They also feel if the team makes the playoffs, they are "close" lol , so why change anything?

Jerry really believes that if they make playoffs, they just need to get lucky and maybe they get to SB and win it.
He has no clue about what it takes to do good in playoffs, win nfc champ and then win the SB. No clue at all, except "get lucky"
the last 3 just make me want to cry, as the delusional organization struggles with the thinking, it's mind blowing

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It will officially kill this team! This offseason will be more of the same. “if” this extension does get done, then the we like our guys mantra has reached a disturbing new level. It’s pretty sad.
on so many levels!!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would take that same theory and apply it to EVERY player that Jerry personally brings in here.......3rd party prospective means nothing to him.

But I still believe "safe" apply to Jerry's standards as well .... other than Parcells, there's been a Conga Line of safe "yes men" brought in as coaches.

McCarthy and Zimmer being here this season is safe and familiar.......there will be no Harbaugh type to ever pass through our doors
I would agree with 'safe' if it acknowledges Jones believing he has and is making solid, football advantageous decisions with McCarthy and Zimmer. Some would also argue Parcells was additionally acquired to secure the construction of AT&T Stadium. If true, it should highlight a deficit in Jones' managerial thinking in the face of an otherwise great coaching hire at that time.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes....because "we like our guys" - they need to keep selling this turd to us because apparently we are on the "doorstep" of winning it all, even though we somehow can't seem to make it out of the first two rounds of the playoffs.
yeah but if we get rid of him, and the new qb only wins us 6 games, jerry can rub it in our faces!!! lol

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

"this is the way I designed it that i would have the final say so in everything!" there's no way anyone could change that, you lose all manhood when you come to the cowboys

Hadenough

Reaction score
I am tired of Dak, Lamb, MM and his staff, and jerry
Lamb is top teir talent and the Cowboys are ruining him and Parsons who is another top teir talent. Dak is such garbage proven by this team winning with Rush regardless of what people say. McCarthy was sitting at home on the couch and nobody was interested in him. Jerry and Stephen and the nepotism throughout the Cowboys organization is nauseating.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Cause I simply have never believed the Jones clowns.
Will see................
In defense of ole Pappy Dog, nothing is set until the contract is signed. There are still hurdles to get over for both Dak and the Cowboys. Todd France is the biggest hurdle and he wants Dak to be the highest paid player in the NFL or Dak will test free agency in 2025.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
yeah but if we get rid of him, and the new qb only wins us 6 games, jerry can rub it in our faces!!! lol
Well Jerry and his braintrust are the ones picking so who is he going to blame? On one hand you have Dak who can't seem to get it together in the playoffs and on the other hand they take a rookie and he fails. Either way it's on the Owner/GM who has mismanaged this franchise into laughing status.