Dak extension I'm confused!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Unfortunately if they want to lessen his cap hit and have the funds to grab some free agents they’re gonna have to extend him. I’m not a Dak hater but we’ve all seen how he responds under playoff pressure. I just don’t see who we’d get to step in for him if he was gone and I’m sure our “GM” feels the same. It’d be a complete reset and probably another 2-4 years of doing jack squat in the playoffs.
Why not what good is 12 wins to get us happy then crap in the playoffs

visionary

Reaction score
As long as we give him at least 60 million per with a no trade clause and no tag, im good

We dont need a team
We got Dak

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! I agree, all this is doing is nothing, pushing it down for later years, you're still going to have to pay it. Cut down on these massive deals, if not, pay a few players every season 30 million on your cap instead of manipulating it to be 1.75 million on the cap! Be bold
It’s “managing” the cap. Not manipulating it. The rules are the same for all 32 teams. I suppose some GMs are better at managing it than others. Jerry Jones knows how to manage the salary cap. The situation he’s in with Dak Prescott he put himself in and I’d guess he’s planned for it all along. Fans may not be 100% satisfied with Prescott. Jerry Jones is, it’s his NFL franchise, and he’ll pay him what he has to in order to retain him. If there was an alternative at quarterback Jerry thought was better than Dak Prescott he would pursue it. The emotional pro and con expressed by fans pleases Jerry. Dak isn’t going anywhere, that’s Jerry choice. Cowboys fans aren’t going anywhere, either. That’s their choice.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s “managing” the cap. Not manipulating it. The rules are the same for all 32 teams. I suppose some GMs are better at managing it than others. Jerry Jones knows how to manage the salary cap. The situation he’s in with Dak Prescott he put himself in and I’d guess he’s planned for it all along. Fans may not be 100% satisfied with Prescott. Jerry Jones is, it’s his NFL franchise, and he’ll pay him what he has to in order to retain him. If there was an alternative at quarterback Jerry thought was better than Dak Prescott he would pursue it. The emotional pro and con expressed by fans pleases Jerry. Dak isn’t going anywhere, that’s Jerry choice. Cowboys fans aren’t going anywhere, either. That’s their choice.
You had me until "if Jerry thought there was a better qb than dak he would pursue it"

shows a lack of understand how Jerry operates. Jerry decided to give Dak that contract, and now Jerry has to stick with it until it pays off. He HAS to say " see! TOLD YA!". Double down until it pays off, it has to he decided it.

Until he's forced to make a move. Romo injury and Dak success was that event. There's no way in heck Jerry thought, at that time, Dak was better than Tony. Staying healthy and wins "forced" his hand. He even said so himself. "Don't mess with a streak"..as if he was merely playing a blackjack table instead the most valuable sports franchise on Earth.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
They may ask him to waive his no trade. Trade him to a qb needy team pocket another first rounder. Trey lance here we go. :lmao:

stinkface

Reaction score
We know what Dak is and isn't at this point. He is not a top 5 qb in the league and that has been proven. Why we would pay him like he is a top 5 QB is puzzling and borderline irresponsible. That said it will happen because of the idiot contract we gave him last time with a no trade provision. Jerry gambled then that he might give us a title. Jerry was wrong. I say trade him if at all possible. Someone will give Jerry a number 1 and Dak will waive that no trade contract if the new team makes it worth it.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
what would be the difference in losing with Trey instead of dak? Oh lmao
I didn’t say there would be a difference. I said just get him to waive it at this point since jones haven’t known what to do in 30+ years

DandyDon52

Reaction score
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! I agree, all this is doing is nothing, pushing it down for later years, you're still going to have to pay it. Cut down on these massive deals, if not, pay a few players every season 30 million on your cap instead of manipulating it to be 1.75 million on the cap! Be bold
Well a team can have a big cap 30-40 million over and the players that buys, and win a SB, then pay the money back later.
LA did that, and kudos to them as it worked. but the cap is there to make it fair for all teams, and the cap manipulations defeat that.

Plus it makes it really confusing to us fans !! lol

Also the players dont get their $ in a timely manner, they have to wait years for it.

kskboys

Reaction score
Well a team can have a big cap 30-40 million over and the players that buys, and win a SB, then pay the money back later.
LA did that, and kudos to them as it worked. but the cap is there to make it fair for all teams, and the cap manipulations defeat that.

Plus it makes it really confusing to us fans !! lol

Also the players dont get their $ in a timely manner, they have to wait years for it
No, they get the signing bonuses up front, the teams simply spread it out. The money is already paid, tho.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
You had me until "if Jerry thought there was a better qb than dak he would pursue it"

shows a lack of understand how Jerry operates. Jerry decided to give Dak that contract, and now Jerry has to stick with it until it pays off. He HAS to say " see! TOLD YA!". Double down until it pays off, it has to he decided it.

Until he's forced to make a move. Romo injury and Dak success was that event. There's no way in heck Jerry thought, at that time, Dak was better than Tony. Staying healthy and wins "forced" his hand. He even said so himself. "Don't mess with a streak"..as if he was merely playing a blackjack table instead the most valuable sports franchise on Earth.
Come on. Jerry Jones does not make any decision he does not genuinely believe is in the best interest of his NFL franchise. The fun in being a fan is debating the wisdom of his decisions. That’s the reward we get for buying $180 jerseys and $15 key chains. Any fan that believes they love the Dallas Cowboys more than Jerry Jones does is deluded. I’d say the same about any fan that thinks they can run an NFL franchise better than Jerry Jones can.

Swagger

Reaction score
Come on. Jerry Jones does not make any decision he does not genuinely believe is in the best interest of his NFL franchise. The fun in being a fan is debating the wisdom of his decisions. That’s the reward we get for buying $180 jerseys and $15 key chains. Any fan that believes they love the Dallas Cowboys more than Jerry Jones does is deluded. I’d say the same about any fan that thinks they can run an NFL franchise better than Jerry Jones can.
I think Jerry Jones loves the brand of the Dallas Cowboys over anything else. That takes precedence over the actual success of the team.

Would Robert Kraft have kept Jason Garrett as Head Coach as long as Jerry Jones did at the Cowboys?

That in itself tells you JJ is either completely incompetent and/or he's happy to not rock the boat of a relevant franchse yet one that has a ceiling with a Head Coach like Garrett or a QB like Prescott.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I think Jerry Jones loves the brand of the Dallas Cowboys over anything else. That takes precedence over the actual success of the team.

Would Robert Kraft have kept Jason Garrett as Head Coach as long as Jerry Jones did at the Cowboys?

That in itself tells you JJ is either completely incompetent and/or he's happy to not rock the boat of a relevant franchse yet one that has a ceiling with a Head Coach like Garrett or a QB like Prescott.
Every decision an owner makes does not out well. Robert Kraft is an example of that every bit as much as Jerry Jones is. Kraft would trade half his roster now for Dak Prescott. But Dak is not available. I don’t know if Kraft would keep a head coach like Garrett or a QB like Prescott. Either do you. But for the money and effort ownership groups invest in their respective franchises I do believe their teams’ success on the field is paramount in importance.