Dak extension I'm confused!

Swagger

Reaction score
The point of a no trade clause from the player’s perspective is precisely to have control over the team. Dak has it. The team could cut him today and no more money would flow from the Cowboys franchise to Dak’s bank account. He’s long ago received all his guaranteed money. In a week or so the must pay him $5 million. If you think Jerry Jones is going to pay a player money that is not going to play you’re a fool. Jerry played chicken with Dak and his agent once before and got slaughtered. Jerry is old, but his memory is sound enough to remember what happened last time he challenged Dak Prescott. Yes, Dak would call Jerry’s bluff and agree to sit on the bench for a season getting paid a total of $34 million before he and his agent let Jerry Jones get away with a nonsensical threat like “we’re going to pay you $34 million not to play”. Get over it. Dak Prescott does the telling, Jerry does the listening. That how it works when a player is better off with his existing deal than a new one. The Cowboys are going to have to agree to give Prescott a reason to sign a new deal. It is going to be good enough to entice Dak to sign it. Not a penny more.
I disagree in that there are plenty of ways to force Prescott out.

Who owns the media in Dallas?

If they wanted to the Cowboys could play hardball and leak stories to the media about Prescott capitulating in the games that matter, he's mentally weak, look at the state of him on the sidelines looking like he's about to breakdown as he's so weak mentally etc. They can drip feed stories and narratives that explode in the national media and let's have it right, he clearly struggles to cope with a lot of pressure.

Wasn't there an alleged DUI charge against him before he was drafted - this could suddenly appear in the media and then there's suddenly a narrative as to why he's so mentally weak and crumbles in the play offs.

Take away his locker and leave him out. Let him rot and test the market in a years time. The NFL doesn't sit and wait.

You politely inform Prescott all of the above will happen unless he agrees to a trade. If not then get toxic. He either does one or stays, if the latter then he will never play another down for the Cowboys, his reputation will be shredded and who knows where he ends up and how much money he will be offered in a year.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He's never had a problem with butts in the seats, dak or no dak. Or jersey sales for that matter
exactly. we are number one valued franchise. no reason to change. if butts in seats are at risk, then we see action. right now the risk is last game of the season embarrassment. so guaranteed he will make one splashy signing. and he will declare he is all in. then bunch of fillers.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak is blessed by one thing.

Last season was an abysmal year for NFL quarterbacks and injuries took out many starters and even their backups.

Jerry is viewing Dak as someone that was injury free and stayed atop the stat board.....a skew of weak teams will do that and I will apply that to our defenses stats as well.

Dak is a safe, loyal, and known entity and that's right up Jerry's wheelhouse

Safe, loyal and known hasn't translated to anything other than a 2-5 playoff record, which is all thats remembered in the end
Our OL was consistently healthy as well….

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

If they wanted to the Cowboys could play hardball and leak stories to the media about Prescott capitulating in the games that matter, he's mentally weak, look at the state of him on the sidelines looking like he's about to breakdown as he's so weak mentally etc. They can drip feed stories and narratives that explode in the national media and let's have it right, he clearly struggles to cope with a lot of pressure.

Wasn't there an alleged DUI charge against him before he was drafted - this could suddenly appear in the media and then there's suddenly a narrative as to why he's so mentally weak and crumbles in the play offs.

Take away his locker and leave him out. Let him rot and test the market in a years time. The NFL doesn't sit and wait.

You politely inform Prescott all of the above will happen unless he agrees to a trade. If not then get toxic. He either does one or stays, if the latter then he will never play another down for the Cowboys, his reputation will be shredded and who knows where he ends up and how much money he will be offered in a year.
why would cowboys do that? what's the driver? stadium had highest attendance in NFL. cowboys are #1 in jersey/merchandise sale. Parsons is #1 in Jersey sales (which guarantees Jerry resigning him) and Dak is #5.

no motivation for him to change. Dak is going to return. nothing is at risk financially. there is a cap. he don't give a darn about who gets the money.

it would also be better for Prescott to leave, ala previous dallas players who left and won a ring.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
If Dak was a FA, he wouldn’t be getting top dollar from any other team…he would possibly be in the Cousins, Mayfield tier of QB’s this offseason. only our 2 clowns will make him the highest paid QB in the league, we even heard one clown say yesterday that Dak is always on his mind!

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
I was concerned from day 1. That is why I have said it was a completely wasted move that made zero sense by GM Jeruh.
Agreed. It never made sense from the jump except as a way for Jerry to stroke his ego.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
If Dak was a FA, he wouldn’t be getting top dollar from any other team…he would possibly be in the Cousins, Mayfield tier of QB’s this offseason. only our 2 clowns will make him the highest paid QB in the league, we even heard one clown say yesterday that Dak is always on his mind!
what team has enough pros and elite players to carry him? I heard that all we need to do is carry him and he will not choke.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Technically, they don’t have to do anything.

But his current deal is killing our cap.

They can

1) do nothing and scrape by with a jacked up cap. Disaster.

2) cut and designate June 1. Save 34 mill. My favorite.

3) extend/restructure and kick the can into 2025+. Disaster.
No it’s not. Last years hit was like $24 mil. There’s so much disinformation here.

Chasing6

Reaction score
How would you possible know that?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The jones boys have now decided to extend dak for at least 4 more years.
Dak will be the starting qb for the next 4 years ! get used to it.
He will get more $ of course, I predicted 60 mil last year.

There will be no outs, they will be locked in with Dak, and no other options.
If dak were to get long term injury, it will be next man up! And they will roll with rush or lance.

Jones boys feel what they are currently doing is working, as long as stadium fills up each home game the money keeps rolling in.
People keep talking about cowboys, so must be doing thier job good!

They also feel if the team makes the playoffs, they are "close" lol , so why change anything?

Jerry really believes that if they make playoffs, they just need to get lucky and maybe they get to SB and win it.
He has no clue about what it takes to do good in playoffs, win nfc champ and then win the SB. No clue at all, except "get lucky"
IMG-0424.gif

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

That’s pretty low life stuff you would do.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You have no clue if that‘s the case. None.

links18

Reaction score
I wonder if Dak has convinced an elderly man with possibly dementia that he's Patrick Mahomes.
No, its just how Jerry operates. Remember who he turned to when the Jimmy marriage broke up? Did he look for the best man for the job? No, he turned to his old buddy Switzer from the Arkansas days. That's Jerry's MO--comfort over competence. Garrett for 10 years, Dak for 10 plus. etc.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

This is not reality, I dont have to like Dak getting paid by the Cowboys to understand reality....The reality is Dak holds the cards AND would do just fine not taking a hit for a full season and being the #1 FA the next season and it wouldnt be close..again you dont have to like Dak, but the reality is GM's in the real NFL who's jobs depend on who the starting QB of the team is will value him especially if you take a years worth of hits off him..Do i think its time to move on from Dak here in Dallas..yes, do I let that cloud my reality ...no...

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Ask yourself this….would you give up the best qb you’ve had since Aikman? Hell naw.
Jerry wont, the real is once the players in this circus start piling up the L's from the funk they cant reverse it....our only hope is something like a 2016...or 2008 with some luck because the players are too new and make it all the way before this circus ruins them...they have talent, here we find a way to deminish that and bring out the circus in them.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Jerry wont, the real is once the players in this circus start piling up the L's from the funk they cant reverse it....our only hope is something like a 2016...or 2008 with some luck because the players are too new and make it all the way before this circus ruins them...they have talent, here we find a way to deminish that and bring out the circus in them.
Yep. I’ve given up. Getting rid of this guy or that guy won’t change the culture here.