Dak extension I'm confused!

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I disagree in that there are plenty of ways to force Prescott out.

Who owns the media in Dallas?

If they wanted to the Cowboys could play hardball and leak stories to the media about Prescott capitulating in the games that matter, he's mentally weak, look at the state of him on the sidelines looking like he's about to breakdown as he's so weak mentally etc. They can drip feed stories and narratives that explode in the national media and let's have it right, he clearly struggles to cope with a lot of pressure.

Wasn't there an alleged DUI charge against him before he was drafted - this could suddenly appear in the media and then there's suddenly a narrative as to why he's so mentally weak and crumbles in the play offs.

Take away his locker and leave him out. Let him rot and test the market in a years time. The NFL doesn't sit and wait.

You politely inform Prescott all of the above will happen unless he agrees to a trade. If not then get toxic. He either does one or stays, if the latter then he will never play another down for the Cowboys, his reputation will be shredded and who knows where he ends up and how much money he will be offered in a year.
Jerry Jones’ reputation would be shredded. Owners controlling players went out with Curt Flood. And denying access to all things available to the other 52 guys on the roster is a violation of the CBA. The Dallas Cowboys are already not the most desired team to play for in the NFL. Team owner Jerry Jones tries to treat a player in such a manner will end up with Jerry in front of a Federal Labor Board, the NFLPA warning players not to sign with the Cowboys, not to mention player agents avoiding Dallas, and the commissioner stepping in and intervening for the good of the League. What you’re suggesting, aside from being asinine, would never happen because it would not be tolerated. You’ll be cheering Dak on in six months. You’ll be watching Dak and the Cowboys and drinking whatever it is you’ve been drinking today.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
If Dak was a FA, he wouldn’t be getting top dollar from any other team…he would possibly be in the Cousins, Mayfield tier of QB’s this offseason. only our 2 clowns will make him the highest paid QB in the league, we even heard one clown say yesterday that Dak is always on his mind!
Thats not true. The guy DID lead the league in TD passes. Plenty of teams would overrate and overpay him based on that alone.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
yep, I think PT Barnum said it best, an idiot is born everyday, so some idiot would pick him up. Just remember, that team will have to have all pros in every position for him to win crap. shrugs.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think all the manipulation of the cap, sort of defeats the primary purpose of the cap !?
I think they should make restructures and pushing $ down the road against the rules.
They have the cap, work within it year by year.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! I agree, all this is doing is nothing, pushing it down for later years, you're still going to have to pay it. Cut down on these massive deals, if not, pay a few players every season 30 million on your cap instead of manipulating it to be 1.75 million on the cap! Be bold

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think all the manipulation of the cap, sort of defeats the primary purpose of the cap !?
I think they should make restructures and pushing $ down the road against the rules.
They have the cap, work within it year by year.
“Fans”. :facepalm:

AtomicDog

Reaction score
Technically, they don’t have to do anything.

But his current deal is killing our cap.

They can

1) do nothing and scrape by with a jacked up cap. Disaster.

2) cut and designate June 1. Save 34 mill. My favorite.

3) extend/restructure and kick the can into 2025+. Disaster.
Can we trade him and pick up a draft pick(s)?

KeepinTime

Reaction score
Unfortunately if they want to lessen his cap hit and have the funds to grab some free agents they’re gonna have to extend him. I’m not a Dak hater but we’ve all seen how he responds under playoff pressure. I just don’t see who we’d get to step in for him if he was gone and I’m sure our “GM” feels the same. It’d be a complete reset and probably another 2-4 years of doing jack squat in the playoffs.

Chasing6

Reaction score
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! I agree, all this is doing is nothing, pushing it down for later years, you're still going to have to pay it. Cut down on these massive deals, if not, pay a few players every season 30 million on your cap instead of manipulating it to be 1.75 million on the cap! Be bold
Only real way to do that is to trade your starts like CD and Micah.