Dak Film showing he can make all of the throws

kskboys

Reaction score
I NEVER SAID IT, THAT IS WHY YOU ARE FOOLISH TO KEEP SAYING I DID
WHERE DID I CALL YOU A DAK LOVER?
YES, YOU COULD HAVE SALVAGED SOME RESPECT BY STEPPING BACK AND SAYING "HEY, I MISUNDERSTOOD YOUR COMMENT OR I USED TERMS I SHOULDN'T HAVE". BUT YOU DIDN'T AND THUS YOU ARE JUST ANOTHER SAD LITTLE TOOL.
Ah, and then the name calling. That's admitting you've lost.

Since you're the one not understanding the term, why are you suggesting I say it? I'm not understanding why you'd think that.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
They literally are. "Believe" isn't a word that matters.

Your lack of self-awareness in saying that pro-Dak fans don't believe in truth and then complete dismission of facts is wild. There is absolutely no credence to anything you say about Dak, and you should come to grips with that.

it does seem odd to me that 4 of the 5 are questioned routinely not only about their accuracy but as to whether they are true starters in this league and\or can a team be successful with them. There should be a lot of fans & general managers happy to see these "facts" and feel confident their teams are set for greatness at the position.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
it does seem odd to me that 4 of the 5 are questioned routinely not only about their accuracy but as to whether they are true starters in this league and\or can a team be successful with them. There should be a lot of fans & general managers happy to see these "facts" and feel confident their teams are set for greatness at the position.
COME ON. This is the exact backwards of the logic you are applying to Dak. You are hypercritical of his accuracy and tying it to whether or not he's a "true starter," and now saying that it's not a good measure for it.

Its the exact same inconsistency, lack of context, and unfair standards that I have been talking about.

Qcard

Reaction score
Not at all. The OP tried to validate overpaying Dak because he could make all the throws. George could make throws no one else could make. Didn't validate giving that loser a big contract, just as being able to make all the throws doesn't validate Dak.
Fair point! I stand corrected.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I had not seen this before. Man, what a difference. I can't get over how much more smooth it was. I felt like he was throwing much better this last year...at least until he was hurt. This shows why.
Its amazing how much it's changed, or should I say improve.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Good lord, you people. This is a critique of Dak b/c he throws to open receivers lol, and ignorant of the fact that his legs (and the running game in general) are heavily leanded on inside the 5.

I don't know why "in close" matters, or what that definition even is. But here you go:

:36, 1:19, 1:55

Ten yard line or so. Quick drop and fire it into a tight window. Bang bang play requiring anticipation, accuracy and confidence. Your links contained none of this type of play. Swing pass to the TE or RB and watching them run it in is a different animal.

I can't even imagine believing this ability is not important but here you go. Two in a row starting at about 12 seconds.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/don-t-forget-these-5-dak-misses-late-deep-ball
https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...cy-report-nfl-week-5-houston-texans-accuracy/

https://thelandryhat.com/2019/11/07/dallas-cowboys-dak-prescott-accurate-passer/

"The Kansas City Chiefs lead the league in yards after the catch. The Los Angeles Rams are second. With two quarterbacks throwing the ball for the Chiefs, I’ll share the PFF Quarterback Annual assessment for Rams’ quarterback Jared Goff.

PFF measures quarterback accuracy with nine locations for ball placement on the receiver. Goff had good or very good results on six of the nine measures. Prescott had average, below average or poor on eight of the nine measures."

For the 2019 season, Prescott and his receivers have not been very productive with yards after the catch. The Cowboys are averaging 115 yards after the catch per game. This ranks 20th overall.

CWR

Reaction score
They called a run on 4th and 4 or whatever it was. We're going to blame Dak for not changing the play?

The Minnesota game was a great example of how terrible Jason Garrett was as a coach, not how Dak can't lead a team to victory or any other un-quantifiable cliche.

Absolutely. Dak was killing them and we decided to run in the redzone even though Zeke was getting trashed all game. Awful awful play calls to end that game. I don't know what the hell KM and Garrett were thinking.

CWR

Reaction score
He played a good game but 3 4th quarter points is not stepping up.

Our defense pitched a 4th quarter shutout.

We scored 3 total 4th quarter points.. A TD wins the game..

It's not asking a lot to score 1 TD in the 4th quarter @ home to win a football game.

The defense and run game is not going to drastically improve when we are paying Dak and you guys will continue to make this excuse while ignoring his salary.

He couldn't get it done while making pennies.

This game is just 1 example btw.. I'm looking at his career so far..

Still though.. Go score 1 TD in the 4th quarter @ home to win a game please.

He was driving down the field until KM went full on stoopid and tried to force Zeke back into the mix. They weren't stopping us, but our coaches got cute.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
I agree with the general premise that Dak has to keep improving his mechanics.

But you can play this game with every single quarterback in the league, including the Peytons, Bradys, and Brees of the world - who all have always struggled maintaining mechanics when faced with interior passrush. This QB who has perfect mechanics on every throw doesn't exist.
True, but greater QBs dont do that in clutch situations where they have to produce. Believe it or not, I like him , for intagibles , but not sold as top Qb

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
True, but greater QBs dont do that in clutch situations where they have to produce. Believe it or not, I like him , for intagibles , but not sold as top Qb
Yes they do.

There's really no such thing as "clutch."

Ken

Reaction score
He is capable of most throws. He is also prone to inconsistent throws which are drive killers & turnovers. Clean up consistency & its a whole different conversation. Until then, you can cherry pick all you want but you aren't going to convince knowledgeable fans to ignore what they have seen for 4 years (plus college for many).
"Knowlegable fans" don't pretend every other qb is as good as his highlights on every play. :rolleyes:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
A lot of QBs can make every throw we need.

We need a QB to elevate the team with his play and he couldn’t do it under the most optimal circumstances.

If we’re going to achieve post season success it will be with guys that elevate the team and he isn’t that type of player.

Almost no post season success.
That's the problem with fan recognition, too many fans look at garbage time stats, when they should be paying attention to the real numbers, crucial on target throws in crucial moments of games.
Stats are garbage, being a winner at this level, at the most important position on the entire team is what matters in todays NFL.
This team won championships with Aikman, different era, I get it, but accuracy, and being accurate when you have to be, it doesn't matter what era.
Its amazing how many fans that proclaim to actually watch this game, have virtually no evaluation when it comes to the eye test.
You either have it or you don't, and a franchise can spend years trying to extract that from a supposed franchise QB, that never will win a SB.
Eras change, and I get that, but in todays NFL you better have a ringer at the QB position or your just trying to sale jerseys and put butts in seats.
I would rather waste another 10 years trying to find that player, 10 drafts,, but it wouldn't come to that, over wasting 30 years of irrelevance.

shabazz

Reaction score
All this evidence heaping praise upon the future Hall of Famer , but alas no contract to be found..........reports of MM and the FO being "all-in" about Rayne Dakota are highly exaggerated.

If or when this non-existent contract comes to fruition, we can truly start another round of hyperventilating and anointing...........but until then?

garyo1954

Reaction score
Dak embarrassed by David Carr......

What is that old saying about great NFL QB’s and prospects? Oh yeah… “He makes all the throws.”

Welp… Dak can’t. We have seen that multiple times on the field, missing WIDE OPEN receivers down the field or over the middle.

And now we just saw another, even funnier example of it.

He was challenging David Carr in a fun throw off. No not Derek Carr… DAVID CARR. The guy who hasn’t been in the league in about a billion years.

So this should be a no brainer right? The current NFL Starting QB (who is about to be making 30 mill a year) vs the old washed up QB who now sits behind a desk.

https://****************.com/2019/05/09/dak-prescott-embarrassed-on-live-tv/

Ken

Reaction score
For every highlight throw enclosed we can see off target , crazy mechanic throws of another spectrum , like throwing behind RB(zeke) on the flat or goal line etc.

True the Qb prices are going up , but it is a question that Dak is able to cleanup his act, improve mechanics and consistently bring us back when down ,is to be seen. If not he is not qualified to be a longtime franchise QB i.m.o.
EVERY qb has those throws. Most a lot more than Dak...hence why he had top 10 stats this year.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dak embarrassed by David Carr......

What is that old saying about great NFL QB’s and prospects? Oh yeah… “He makes all the throws.”

Welp… Dak can’t. We have seen that multiple times on the field, missing WIDE OPEN receivers down the field or over the middle.

And now we just saw another, even funnier example of it.

He was challenging David Carr in a fun throw off. No not Derek Carr… DAVID CARR. The guy who hasn’t been in the league in about a billion years.

So this should be a no brainer right? The current NFL Starting QB (who is about to be making 30 mill a year) vs the old washed up QB who now sits behind a desk.

https://****************.com/2019/05/09/dak-prescott-embarrassed-on-live-tv/
That's not what "making all the throws" means.

zeke21

Reaction score

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/don-t-forget-these-5-dak-misses-late-deep-ball
https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...cy-report-nfl-week-5-houston-texans-accuracy/

https://thelandryhat.com/2019/11/07/dallas-cowboys-dak-prescott-accurate-passer/

"The Kansas City Chiefs lead the league in yards after the catch. The Los Angeles Rams are second. With two quarterbacks throwing the ball for the Chiefs, I’ll share the PFF Quarterback Annual assessment for Rams’ quarterback Jared Goff.

PFF measures quarterback accuracy with nine locations for ball placement on the receiver. Goff had good or very good results on six of the nine measures. Prescott had average, below average or poor on eight of the nine measures."

For the 2019 season, Prescott and his receivers have not been very productive with yards after the catch. The Cowboys are averaging 115 yards after the catch per game. This ranks 20th overall.

This, this, this, this.

Seriously feel like only our FO would be 'all in' on a guy that has shown an inability to elevate those around him. Lots get so down on the 'drops' but some of those drops are from really lazy throws.. our receivers have to work so hard.. like ridic levels to catch Dak throws.. the dude is potentially one of the most inaccurate throwers, especially from a clean pocket, that we have seen.

And yeah there was a video floating of that 'throwing' comp thing with Carr.. but also go back to the QB comp in his pro-bowl year.. he come last.. in fact whenever he has been asked to stand and hit a target with the ball on film.. he fails to do so. What I wonder is whether he is making those throws in practise?! I mean at a minimum an NFL QB should be able to stand 10 yards away from a stationery target, inside and under no pressure and hit 100% of the time.

But all the talk means nothing.. he is going to be our QB next year and that is that.. and just like waiting for Jerry to finalllllly pull the pin on clapper.. we are stuck with Dak until Jerry dies or sells the team.

kskboys

Reaction score
This, this, this, this.

Seriously feel like only our FO would be 'all in' on a guy that has shown an inability to elevate those around him. Lots get so down on the 'drops' but some of those drops are from really lazy throws.. our receivers have to work so hard.. like ridic levels to catch Dak throws.. the dude is potentially one of the most inaccurate throwers, especially from a clean pocket, that we have seen.

And yeah there was a video floating of that 'throwing' comp thing with Carr.. but also go back to the QB comp in his pro-bowl year.. he come last.. in fact whenever he has been asked to stand and hit a target with the ball on film.. he fails to do so. What I wonder is whether he is making those throws in practise?! I mean at a minimum an NFL QB should be able to stand 10 yards away from a stationery target, inside and under no pressure and hit 100% of the time.

But all the talk means nothing.. he is going to be our QB next year and that is that.. and just like waiting for Jerry to finalllllly pull the pin on clapper.. we are stuck with Dak until Jerry dies or sells the team.
Lazy throws? Terrible take on Dak's issues.