Dak Film showing he can make all of the throws

kskboys

Reaction score
Seems like its been mentioned here before, but "making all the throws" is only part of playing the position.
Absolutely true.

It's really just a scouting term used to signify that a prospect has the arm to make these throws. It's definitely been misused in this context. I wish they'd change the title, it's leading people astray.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It boggles the mind .....
Yes the haters do boggle the mind. Every ***** about Dak has been refuted. He can’t comeback, he was the leader his first 3 years. He throws for only 200 yards a game. He’s not accurate which Troy Aikman said that is a non issue now. Now you’re *****ing that he throws for too many yards.

Yes mind boggling.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
But you can do it for EVERY quarterback. Do you honestly believe you can't go through and make a reel of throws that Brady, Brees, Rodgers...whoever has missed? Here, 2 minute Twitter search.

Three great quarterbacks, three missed throws, two of which at the biggest moments of big games.

The whole point of this thread is that it's illustrative of Dak's ability. It's not saying that he's a perfect quart erback, which is what you and others are operating as. People keep wanting to be dismissive of stats, but they're important because they provide context. With no context of how quarterbacks around the league perform, hammering Dak this way is completely subjective and baseless. "Stats don't tell the story" is the shortcut excuse to ignore actual data- it's not some clever way to say that the eye test matters more. It's laziness.

The "refuse to see anything" nonsense is on those who are anti-Dak, not the other way around. Pro-Dak is using things like facts and stats, you are just using a biased opinion. It's an argument that holds no weight, and it's ridiculous to say "others see what you want" when that's literally what you are doing in the fact of actual facts and data.

You can absolutely show that he misses at a higher rate than those guys. That is the point. Not that anyone is perfect but that he needs to bring his % of inaccurate throws down. I charted a couple games for a post after the 2018 season. Dak was too often in the 25-35% inaccurate throw range where those guys were more often in the singe digits. That's a huge difference.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I watched this again after a good nights sleep and I still didn't see one pass to the endzone from in close. You know, those tight quarters throws that require accuracy and anticipation. The throws that force defenses to pay attention in those situations instead of focusing on the run.

The throws that don't reflect in the stats because the stats tell you nothing about the throws that aren't attempted.

Anyone got a highlight vid of those throws?

Scotman

Reaction score
This is to show Dak mechanics, make your own decision if it hasn't improved or stayed the same.

I had not seen this before. Man, what a difference. I can't get over how much more smooth it was. I felt like he was throwing much better this last year...at least until he was hurt. This shows why.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
You can absolutely show that he misses at a higher rate than those guys. That is the point.
NO YOU CAN'T. You literally can't do that. It is impossible, because it is completely untrue. I'll post it again:

He throws it more accurately than all but 4 other QBs, and he throws it further than all of those guys, by a lot. The top-3 in accuracy, rank 30, 31, and 32 in intended depth of target. Dak ranked #5 in both. He threw it further and more accurately than any quarterback in the league last year. It is right there. It is not opinion.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not a ringing endorsement. 32 QBs in the NFL make the same throws, more than half could do as well if not better, and probably 6 to 10 in the draft who would learn quickly in OTAs.

No, you actually nailed it. Probably 2/3rds of the QB's in the NFL can win a SB if given the right situation.

Garrapolo blew it, but that was because his coaching screwed up and he ran into Mahomes.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Hard to read because you ran it all together. Put my responses in italics right beside your statements. Don't know why that would be hard for you to read.

It appears that you're screaming that you should be able to define terms however you want. Not sure why that's important to you, maybe because you've looked foolish because you missed a definiton of a football term? I haven't screamed or called anyone foolish. You have. I clearly laid out two definitions of making all the throws and my thoughts on each. I've done my part to try to have an intelligent conversation.

It appears you've now gone even further out of the way and have started attributing ideas to me that I don't have. Look back if you like, and you'll see that I've always said Dak is a decent midrange QB, currently ranked somewhere 8-15. So, now not only are you incapable of understanding a football term, you're also spewing nonsense in a pathetic attempt to......hades, I don't even know what you're trying to do, your post was almost illegible.
Trying to act like I am the one who doesn't understand football or that I assigned ideas to you when you were in fact the one acting as though i said things i didn't is going badly for you. You just spout more excuses and try to redirect because you can't debate the point or better yet admit that your original response to me was needlessly provocative with words like "foolish".

Scotman

Reaction score
Did you even watch the game? He put up 400 yards and 3 TDs !
Elliott ran for under 50 yards.
But continue to put the loss on Prescott, lmao.
Yes, but if Dak had been able to be elite and put up 800, Elliot would have had over 100. Then we win.

/s

Did I do that right?

Reactions: G2

Scotman

Reaction score
NO YOU CAN'T. You literally can't do that. It is impossible, because it is completely untrue. I'll post it again:

He throws it more accurately than all but 4 other QBs, and he throws it further than all of those guys, by a lot. The top-3 in accuracy, rank 30, 31, and 32 in intended depth of target. Dak ranked #5 in both. He threw it further and more accurately than any quarterback in the league last year. It is right there. It is not opinion.

But does it pass Mr. Magoo's eye test?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I watched this again after a good nights sleep and I still didn't see one pass to the endzone from in close. You know, those tight quarters throws that require accuracy and anticipation. The throws that force defenses to pay attention in those situations instead of focusing on the run.

The throws that don't reflect in the stats because the stats tell you nothing about the throws that aren't attempted.

Anyone got a highlight vid of those throws?
Good lord, you people. This is a critique of Dak b/c he throws to open receivers lol, and ignorant of the fact that his legs (and the running game in general) are heavily leanded on inside the 5.

I don't know why "in close" matters, or what that definition even is. But here you go:

:36, 1:19, 1:55

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yes, but if Dak had been able to be elite and put up 800, Elliot would have had over 100. Then we win.

/s

Did I do that right?
Ironic. I remember the Denver game where Romo put up 500 yards and 5 TDs. They still lost, but Romo was propelled into legendary status.

kskboys

Reaction score
Trying to act like I am the one who doesn't understand football or that I assigned ideas to you when you were in fact the one acting as though i said things i didn't is going badly for you. You just spout more excuses and try to redirect because you can't debate the point or better yet admit that your original response to me was needlessly provocative with words like "foolish".
Huh? This makes even less sense.

Saying Dak can't make all the throws is foolish. If you don't want to be called foolish, quit saying foolish things.

It was really sad that you tried to insult me by classifying me as a Dak lover. Really really pathetic stuff, dude.

You know, you could salvage some self respect if you'd just say something along the lines of "You know, you're right, I just didn't understand how that term was used in the NFL."

McKDaddy

Reaction score

So in all seriousness you believe these are the 5 most accurate QB's in the NFL?

kskboys

Reaction score

Yeah, Dak really only has a couple areas that need some work. Consistency, and moving the chains. That's really about it. And I do believe McC will help w/ that.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Saying Dak can't make all the throws is foolish. If you don't want to be called foolish, quit saying foolish things.
I NEVER SAID IT, THAT IS WHY YOU ARE FOOLISH TO KEEP SAYING I DID
It was really sad that you tried to insult me by classifying me as a Dak lover.
WHERE DID I CALL YOU A DAK LOVER?
YES, YOU COULD HAVE SALVAGED SOME RESPECT BY STEPPING BACK AND SAYING "HEY, I MISUNDERSTOOD YOUR COMMENT OR I USED TERMS I SHOULDN'T HAVE". BUT YOU DIDN'T AND THUS YOU ARE JUST ANOTHER SAD LITTLE TOOL.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
So in all seriousness you believe these are the 5 most accurate QB's in the NFL?
They literally are. "Believe" isn't a word that matters.

Your lack of self-awareness in saying that pro-Dak fans don't believe in truth and then complete dismission of facts is wild. There is absolutely no credence to anything you say about Dak, and you should come to grips with that.