Dak Film showing he can make all of the throws

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He played well vs the vikings but not well enough to win. and because when he plays decent teams he typically loses. That is not a coincidence.
Did you even watch the game? He put up 400 yards and 3 TDs !
Elliott ran for under 50 yards.
But continue to put the loss on Prescott, lmao.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Being inconsistent has zero to do w/ being able to make all the throws. Who said otherwise? There is actually a correlation but I only said he's inconsistent.

Since you're throwing around the term "knowledgeable fan", you might want to go read up on the term "making all the throws" to keep yourself from sounding foolish. Dak can "make all the throws". This isn't even under question. which definition of "making all the throws" would you like to discuss. the general definition of being able to make all the basic throws needed to play in the NFL? that is the definition most of us seemed to be discussingin this thread. You might want to re-read the posts as I did not dispute that in any way. Would you like to discuss the elite definition of "making all the throws"? Then no, he can not make all the throws. He doesn't have the natural abilities to make the throws that Aaron, Russell or Patrick make routinely. That is why they are ELITE. None of that can sound foolish because its the truth backed up by video that all the world can see.

As for "knowledgeable fan", anyone who doesn't see or refuses to recognize a players strengths & weaknesses, is not a knowledgeable or reasonable fan. Odd that some fans can't admit he has weaknesses when Dak himself admits them.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
It sure shut @McKDaddy up.
Ain't nothing gonna shut down the truth. Post all the stats in the world. Simple truth is that me or anyone else could make a long & disturbing video of his inconsistency. I would love to do it, I just don't have the time. Besides, i watch the games & saw it all the first time. I doubt showing it to those who refuse to see anything other than what they want to believe would change anything.

erod

Reaction score
Ain't nothing gonna shut down the truth. Post all the stats in the world. Simple truth is that me or anyone else could make a long & disturbing video of his inconsistency. I would love to do it, I just don't have the time. Besides, i watch the games & saw it all the first time. I doubt showing it to those who refuse to see anything other than what they want to believe would change anything.
I don't understand why this is so hard for everybody.

When you watch the games, Dak just screams of mediocrity. He's limited, and he limits what playcallers can call and what plays are possible.

Yes, he makes a good throw here and there. Yes, he used to be mobile, although that seems to be declining rapidly. Yes, he's a good dude with poise.

But he's also wildly inconsistent with his throws, even many he completes. And if you pay him like he's an elite quarterback, you doom this franchise for the foreseeable future.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Did you even watch the game? He put up 400 yards and 3 TDs !
Elliott ran for under 50 yards.
But continue to put the loss on Prescott, lmao.

If you'll remember.. Prescott threw 46 passes in that game.

Our defense shut out the Vikings in the 4th quarter..

The Cowboys scored 3 points in the 4th quarter.

Final score was 28-24.

Plus we were at home.

I know at the end of the day Prescott had great numbers but please step up and score a TD at home in the 4th quarter to win a game when your defense holds their offense to 0 points in the 4th.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

Final score was 28-24.

Plus we were at home.

I know at the end of the day Prescott had great numbers but please step up and score a TD at home in the 4th quarter to win a game when your defense holds their offense to 0 points in the 4th.
Great job missing the point. Any heat for Elliott to "step up?"
Good God.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Just because someone express concerns doesnt mean they feel hatred, stop using that ignorant word people, its so lazy
Nothing wrong with being objective or calling out flaws.

Saying Dak is terrible and can't throw passes or only throws bad passes or isn't accurate than that is a hater and I will continue to call them that. You don't like, too bad.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Great job missing the point. Any heat for Elliott to "step up?"
Good God.

Yeah.. Elliot needs to step up too but if a quality defense wants to take away the run game they can do it at this level.

That is why this is a pass 1st league.

Again, not the worst game by Dak but step up and lead your team to a TD to win the game @ home or you'll be sitting at home come playoff time looking at your 8-8 record.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
But you can do it for EVERY quarterback. Do you honestly believe you can't go through and make a reel of throws that Brady, Brees, Rodgers...whoever has missed? Here, 2 minute Twitter search.

Three great quarterbacks, three missed throws, two of which at the biggest moments of big games.

The whole point of this thread is that it's illustrative of Dak's ability. It's not saying that he's a perfect quart erback, which is what you and others are operating as. People keep wanting to be dismissive of stats, but they're important because they provide context. With no context of how quarterbacks around the league perform, hammering Dak this way is completely subjective and baseless. "Stats don't tell the story" is the shortcut excuse to ignore actual data- it's not some clever way to say that the eye test matters more. It's laziness.

The "refuse to see anything" nonsense is on those who are anti-Dak, not the other way around. Pro-Dak is using things like facts and stats, you are just using a biased opinion. It's an argument that holds no weight, and it's ridiculous to say "others see what you want" when that's literally what you are doing in the fact of actual facts and data.

gongjr

Reaction score
Seems like its been mentioned here before, but "making all the throws" is only part of playing the position.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Yeah.. Elliot needs to step up too but if a quality defense wants to take away the run game they can do it at this level.

Again, not the worst game by Dak but step up and lead your team to a TD to win the game @ home or you'll be sitting at home come playoff time looking at your 8-8 record.
They called a run on 4th and 4 or whatever it was. We're going to blame Dak for not changing the play?

The Minnesota game was a great example of how terrible Jason Garrett was as a coach, not how Dak can't lead a team to victory or any other un-quantifiable cliche.

Reactions: CWR

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

He did step up. It's ridiculous that no one is held to as high a standard. It's ridiculous to assume Prescott should have done More. This is a team sport.
realistically, there are only so many offensive plays/opportunities to make plays, what do you expect Prescott to do? Invent extra downs?

The blame should point to the defense and run game. The Vikings were up 2 TDs. Special teams was hot garbage as well. Maher missed a FG and the punt and kick return teams returned kicks for ZERO yards! Yep, blame Prescott though.

Reactions: CWR

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He did step up. It's ridiculous that no one is held to as high a standard. It's ridiculous to assume Prescott should have done More. This is a team sport.
realistically, there are only so many offensive plays/opportunities to make plays, what do you expect Prescott to do? Invent extra downs?

The blame should point to the defense and run game. The Vikings were up 2 TDs. Special teams was hot garbage as well. Maher missed a FG and the punt and kick return teams returned kicks for ZERO yards! Yep, blame Prescott though.

He played a good game but 3 4th quarter points is not stepping up.

Our defense pitched a 4th quarter shutout.

We scored 3 total 4th quarter points.. A TD wins the game..

It's not asking a lot to score 1 TD in the 4th quarter @ home to win a football game.

The defense and run game is not going to drastically improve when we are paying Dak and you guys will continue to make this excuse while ignoring his salary.

He couldn't get it done while making pennies.

This game is just 1 example btw.. I'm looking at his career so far..

Still though.. Go score 1 TD in the 4th quarter @ home to win a game please.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Turnovers help the QB look better because if short fields but Dak doesn't have that.

As far as Tannehill, he will get more than 2 million but he is terrible. Stop with the team around Dak makes him look good, that's such a silly and untrue statement.

How did Dak look before cooper? I rest my case. They all need talent around them to succeed, Dak just needs more. Funny you mention not getting turnovers. You want a better defense, you willing to give up a 2x rushing champ, cooper, one of the highly paid OL ? We are built for the offense to carry this team and it doesn't, that falls on the QB like it or not. He has to make up for when the run game struggles, that's his job and he just doesn't do it at a high enough level to justify the compensation he wants.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
They called a run on 4th and 4 or whatever it was. We're going to blame Dak for not changing the play?

The Minnesota game was a great example of how terrible Jason Garrett was as a coach, not how Dak can't lead a team to victory or any other un-quantifiable cliche.

1 play.. You gotta score 1 TD @ home with the game on the line in the 4th quarter im sorry.

Don't tell me you are relying on all of these other factors to win the game and then telling me this guy is worth 15+ % of our cap.

28-24 and the defense allowed 0 points in the 4th quarter.

HungryLion

Reaction score

Final score was 28-24.

Plus we were at home.

Dak and the passing game is the only reason the game was even that close to begin with. The defense got steamrolled in the running game by Dalvin Cook. The cowboys running game did nothing. Dak and the passing offense had to convert 3rd and Longs at a ridiculous level that game just to keep the team in it.

it would have been a blow out without Dak and the receivers playing a great game.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
1 play.. You gotta score 1 TD @ home with the game on the line in the 4th quarter im sorry.

Don't tell me you are relying on all of these other factors to win the game and then telling me this guy is worth 15+ % of our cap.

28-24 and the defense allowed 0 points in the 4th quarter.
Every quarterback relies on those other factors to win the game. A quarterback can't lead a team to anything when the gameplan is to establish the run.

Again, the barometer for Dak is completely out of whack.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Outdueled?

go back and rewatch it. The Vikings offense was almost all running by Cool and Screen passes to cook.

The cowboys defense was horrible, per usual that game. And couldn’t get off the field.

Nothing about that game indicates that Kirk “outdueled” Dak. Other than the fact that Kirks team won the game.

kskboys

Reaction score
Hard to read because you ran it all together.

It appears that you're screaming that you should be able to define terms however you want. Not sure why that's important to you, maybe because you've looked foolish because you missed a definiton of a football term?

It appears you've now gone even further out of the way and have started attributing ideas to me that I don't have. Look back if you like, and you'll see that I've always said Dak is a decent midrange QB, currently ranked somewhere 8-15. So, now not only are you incapable of understanding a football term, you're also spewing nonsense in a pathetic attempt to......hades, I don't even know what you're trying to do, your post was almost illegible.