Dak Film showing he can make all of the throws

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
A) Why does this .500 metric matter?
B) He absolutely smoked the Vikings, Packers and Bills.
C) Didn't other quarterbacks do the same? 20 teams in the league were terrible, every quarterback had big games against bad teams. It's not like Mahomes was particularly good against NE or SF.

He played well vs the vikings but not well enough to win. and because when he plays decent teams he typically loses. That is not a coincidence.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Asking you to provide evidence for you assertion is childish?

calling you out for projecting your own behavior onto another poster is childish?

Asking you to do your own research is childish?
If you had done any research, you wouldn't have to ask that someone do it for you.

Yes, your being childish.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak has beaten good teams, even playoff teams in the playoffs. You guys are "cherry picking" this year because the entire team quit on the coach. Has nothing to do with the talent of the team or QB but this season fit your agenda. That's why you guys flip flop so much, y'all couldn't use winning games in your argument the past 3 years and even after all that Dak still has never had a losing record in any season as a pro.

I've never flip flopped except last year when it looked like Dak might turn a corner then he came back down. I was wrong, same ole average Dak. He's not the worst but certainly not worth anywhere near 30+ a year.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
He played well vs the vikings but not well enough to win. and because when he plays decent teams he typically loses. That is not a coincidence.
Yes it is. Wins/losses is a team stat, not a QB stat. I mean, were you saying how great he was when they went 13-3, and that he has regressed since then? Because that's what this argument amounts to.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Asking you to do your own research is childish?
If you had done any research, you wouldn't have to ask that someone do it for you.

Yes, your being childish.

I’m not asking you to do your research. You’re the one that made a claim, then when somebody told you that claim was inaccurate, asked them to disprove it, all the while refusing to actual provide evidence of your original claim.

So again, You’re the one making a claim, without proving it. And criticizing others for not proving their claims.

Which means you’re being a hypocrite.

Then when somebody calls you out on your hypocrisy, you go to the personal insults.

But yes, I am the childish one.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
He has improved, no doubt.
As a knowledgeable fan, do you really believe in your heart he's a consistently accurate passer? Not just that the receiver got a hand on or maybe even caught but that was where it needed to be, when it needed to be there with the consistency of you benchmark QB's.
As i originally stated, when he can show me consistency, I'll gladly acknowledge it.
How’s this for consistency?
9-FA7903-E-43-A4-46-CE-8-A64-1-EFBF92-FE39-D.png

garyo1954

Reaction score
Go ahead and tell me you think Derek Carr makes those 3 throws as well as Dak.

That was your initial point. Stick to it. Anything else is you moving the goal posts.

Nothing has been moved. I say they can all make those throws. You say they can't. I could say you're cherry picking and post things that Dak can't do, but then I would be cherry picking.

I could say Dak can't make the precision passes Brees makes, but that's cherry picking.

I choose to do neither. I don't see the point.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I've never flip flopped except last year when it looked like Dak might turn a corner then he came back down. I was wrong, same ole average Dak. He's not the worst but certainly not worth anywhere near 30+ a year.
I'm hoping to ask you a serious question, I'm not going to call you any names or use the same old sayings I typically use.

Do you think Dak improved from 2018 to 2019 season, got worst or stayed the same? You can go in detail if you wish or just 1 line answer, just want to know what you honestly think.

erod

Reaction score
Thought I would show this little video of Dak and how he can throw every pass you need. This guy is a franchise QB regardless of his haters.

Every NFL quarterback can make all the throws now and again. They all have highlight reels. Every player does.

Most can't make all the throws except in rare instances.

Dak is of the latter.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Nothing has been moved. I say they can all make those throws. You say they can't. I could say you're cherry picking and post things that Dak can't do, but then I would be cherry picking.

I could say Dak can't make the precision passes Brees makes, but that's cherry picking.

Here are the facts. Every QB, including Brees or any other QB you think is elite or not, have terrible throws every game. Some QBs just can't get out the pocket and make throws, some due to age and some due to not being athletic enough. Eli and Brady are in that category. Brees isn't a QB that gets out the pocket and runs either. Every QB has thrown precision passes as well, including Dak that has had some lasers with pin point accuracy.

The problem I have with Dak "haters" is the ones that say he can't throw a certain pass, or can't read defenses, or can't win games against good teams, or plays bad against good teams. Sometimes those statements are true but sometimes they are also false. He has done all those things and done it more than once.

Dak "supporters" aren't saying he is a perfect QB but just point out that he can do the things that franchise QBs do. If you nitpick every QB in the league the way some do Dak you will see Dak is above average. Some only watch the highlights or look at the box score and that just doesn't tell the complete story.

This false narrative that no team would pay Dak 30 plus on the open market is false. Reports are that the Colts are ready to spend over 30 a year on Dak if he hits the market. I know some will say let them but you don't let franchise QBs leave and McCarthy has already said he loves Dak

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
This is to show Dak mechanics, make your own decision if it hasn't improved or stayed the same.

Dreski

Reaction score
Yes it is. Wins/losses is a team stat, not a QB stat. I mean, were you saying how great he was when they went 13-3, and that he has regressed since then? Because that's what this argument amounts to.
IMO everyone should be blamed for wins and losses. When we did well, both sides of the ball more or less complimented each other well(there’s a few times when one side bailed the other out)

When they lost, neither side of the ball helped the other out.(defense getting a stop to get the ball back, offense sustaining long scoring drives to give our defense a breather, etc)

Thats not on one player or coach, that’s on the team.
We were really consistent in giving our offense a longer field to work with and our defense a shorter field to defend though, our special teams stunk :laugh:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score

If you're saying they can all make all the throws, then I guess I don't understand the point. They're all just as good as the other? It's just not true. Here's a great example of Derek Carr not making that throw, and why I specifically asked about him. Right at the 1:00 mark, the receiver is breaking open. That's a throw comparable to the three in the Dolphins game, on the run, and Carr chooses not to do it. Physically can he, idk. It doesn't matter. He doesn't make the throw. It's literally him not making the play.

Dak isn't as consistently precise as Drew Brees. That's not cherry picking.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It’s also no coincidence this is something that has happened to the cowboys period before Dak

definately a team sport. need more help on defense. If we are going to put the largest portion of our CAP into offense it needs to do the most work in securing the win. c
I'm hoping to ask you a serious question, I'm not going to call you any names or use the same old sayings I typically use.

Do you think Dak improved from 2018 to 2019 season, got worst or stayed the same? You can go in detail if you wish or just 1 line answer, just want to know what you honestly think.

A little better. What we saw in 2019 was a little more of how Garrett wanted to have the offense flow downfield vs Linehan. No doubt his overall TD were up and that is a big sign. He's not the worst QB i just don't think we get better by paying him above his ability which is what they will do. He can now say he's comparable to some QB's that used to be elite but are no longer. Would love to be wrong, but i believe we could build a better team by signing a couple impact players and a much cheaper average qb than keeping dak at what some think his price will be.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thought I would show this little video of Dak and how he can throw every pass you need. This guy is a franchise QB regardless of his haters.

He just can't make them when facing a good defense and till its garbage time and the defense gives him some prevent freebies.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
definately a team sport. need more help on defense. If we are going to put the largest portion of our CAP into offense it needs to do the most work in securing the win. c

A little better. What we saw in 2019 was a little more of how Garrett wanted to have the offense flow downfield vs Linehan. No doubt his overall TD were up and that is a big sign. He's not the worst QB i just don't think we get better by paying him above his ability which is what they will do. He can now say he's comparable to some QB's that used to be elite but are no longer. Would love to be wrong, but i believe we could build a better team by signing a couple impact players and a much cheaper average qb than keeping dak at what some think his price will be.
I believe Dak improved greatly with his mechanics but still breaks down at times when pressured or running. The salary issue is with all QBs, the price is always going to be too high and you see them over drafted every year. I don't believe Dak is elite, yet, but has all the tools to become great.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
He just can't make them when facing a good defense and till its garbage time and the defense gives him some prevent freebies.
That's false. But coming from you it doesn't matter because you will never say anything good about Dak. Instead, you much rather continue that silly agenda and continue to look like a clown with the things you say.