Dak Film showing he can make all of the throws

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Look at an NFL roster under QB. Why do you think Dak is anything special or better at making throws?
I don't think he is special. I do believe he is better than half the QBs in the NFL.

You brought a generalized comment, so, I figure you could name some of the other 31(by the way) NFL starting QBs that can as well.

You should possibly do your own homework.

Dreski

Reaction score
He just can't make them when facing a good defense and till its garbage time and the defense gives him some prevent freebies.
Brees got dunked on by the Vikings in the playoffs and the year before, he threw an INT in overtime to the Rams. Quarterbacks are allowed to struggle against good defenses, they’re good for a reason. Lamar Jackson and Brady did not look like themselves against the Titans either, Aaron Rodgers got garbage time stats against the 49ers. Maybe the Cowboys should have taken a knee and accepted the loss in those games instead of trying for the comeback to make people happy

kskboys

Reaction score
Thought I would show this little video of Dak and how he can throw every pass you need. This guy is a franchise QB regardless of his haters.

This has been evident from the start. Anyone who claims he can't simply does not understand NFL football terms.

kskboys

Reaction score
He is capable of most throws. He is also prone to inconsistent throws which are drive killers & turnovers. Clean up consistency & its a whole different conversation. Until then, you can cherry pick all you want but you aren't going to convince knowledgeable fans to ignore what they have seen for 4 years (plus college for many).
Being inconsistent has zero to do w/ being able to make all the throws.

Since you're throwing around the term "knowledgeable fan", you might want to go read up on the term "making all the throws" to keep yourself from sounding foolish.

Dak can "make all the throws". This isn't even under question.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I like Dak. I think he has a few things that he has to work on, just like most, if not everyone in the nfl. Luckily, this season showed he’s on his way. He’s been getting better every year.
I'll agree with that. If he can play better under pressure, I'll be happy with him.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
How’s this for consistency?
9-FA7903-E-43-A4-46-CE-8-A64-1-EFBF92-FE39-D.png
Thatda boy Rocky. Let it rip. :laugh:

Being inconsistent has zero to do w/ being able to make all the throws.

Since you're throwing around the term "knowledgeable fan", you might want to go read up on the term "making all the throws" to keep yourself from sounding foolish.

Dak can "make all the throws". This isn't even under question.
It's hopeless at times isn't it lol.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Brees got dunked on by the Vikings in the playoffs and the year before, he threw an INT in overtime to the Rams. Quarterbacks are allowed to struggle against good defenses, they’re good for a reason. Lamar Jackson and Brady did not look like themselves against the Titans either, Aaron Rodgers got garbage time stats against the 49ers. Maybe the Cowboys should have taken a knee and accepted the loss in those games instead of trying for the comeback to make people happy

Is anyone trying to prop up Rodgers for those stats?

Dreski

Reaction score
Is anyone trying to prop up Rodgers for those stats?
HAH no. What I’m saying, is almost every quarterback has those “garbage time” stats, and almost every QB struggles against good defenses. It happens. No one is perfect

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I agree with the general premise that Dak has to keep improving his mechanics.

But you can play this game with every single quarterback in the league, including the Peytons, Bradys, and Brees of the world - who all have always struggled maintaining mechanics when faced with interior passrush. This QB who has perfect mechanics on every throw doesn't exist.
On "every" throw, no, that doesn't exist. Dak improved greatly this year, but under pressure he did seem to revert back to sloppy footwork more than anything, IMO. It's understandable that you can't always plant your foot to throw, but hopping backward and throwing while in the air is something very few (Staubach) QBs can do well.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I believe Dak improved greatly with his mechanics but still breaks down at times when pressured or running. The salary issue is with all QBs, the price is always going to be too high and you see them over drafted every year. I don't believe Dak is elite, yet, but has all the tools to become great.

I wouldn't pay anyone top market who isn't elite unless you think they are the final piece. I certainly wouldn't pay a non elite QB as they have the most bloated salaries. What helped make Dak look good? the guys around him including guys like sean lee on defense. Same with tannehill he looked pretty good at 2 million but not at 30 no way.

landryscorner

Reaction score
Im waiting for all the videos where he overthrows and underthrows, and all his picks. Now that's one video I want to see.

Number1

Reaction score
Thought I would show this little video of Dak and how he can throw every pass you need. This guy is a franchise QB regardless of his haters.

of course he can, he's a top NFL QB

he just has to eliminate the the ducks which are still too often

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Are you friggin serious ? I forget the game, maybe Vikings, we’re at the 10 yard line maybe and need 4 yards for first down and Zeke swings out to the left flat and is open and Dak throws it to his feet. There are high and behind throws in most games. Are you watching the same team we are ? Amazing.

Show the video of what you claim. What I see is people on this site suggests showing film of good throws and yet the haters say show more film but yet they never show film to back up what their saying. Wonder how long I have to wait on that video, been waiting 4 years

MaineBoy

Reaction score
yah, Dak is extremely accurate.....except when he isn’t.....and according to his stats this year he won the Super Bowl. Believe stats instead of film and your eyes, you’ll be much happier.

This is literally what you are doing with the poor throws since, according to every bit of actual data, he is extremely accurate.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

That video just convinced me we need to play more home games if Jerry is going to pay Dak and Amari.

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
It is more cherry picking to say that he's inconsistent, when he was one of the most accurate passers in the league this year.

God forbid he has developed in those 4 years.

Lol, stop with the nonsense. Just because he places the ball in the area of the receiver doesn't make him accurate. That's accurate for high school. In the big leagues you have to put it on the somewhere the receiver can continue his momentum forward.

Let's put together a highlight reel of over half his throws being low, high or behind his receivers.

He is an inconsistent QB. That has not changed in 4 years. He has made some better throws I give you that but in between good throws he has about 5 mediocre throws and 2 bad throws.

No thanks, draft another one, doesn't even have to be this year. Transition tag him and wait until after next season.

That way we can have a 5th year of his average talents on showcase for you blinded Dak lovers.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's false. But coming from you it doesn't matter because you will never say anything good about Dak. Instead, you much rather continue that silly agenda and continue to look like a clown with the things you say.

10 pts vs Saints
24 vs GB (Garbage time points)
22 vs the might Jets lol
9 vs NE
15 vs Bills
24 vs Bears(another Garbage time special)
9 vs Eagles(Most imp game of the season not 1 TD)

Now you Dak Employee keep selling a defective product, in the end, you will be laughed out of here!

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I wouldn't pay anyone top market who isn't elite unless you think they are the final piece. I certainly wouldn't pay a non elite QB as they have the most bloated salaries. What helped make Dak look good? the guys around him including guys like sean lee on defense. Same with tannehill he looked pretty good at 2 million but not at 30 no way.
Turnovers help the QB look better because if short fields but Dak doesn't have that.

As far as Tannehill, he will get more than 2 million but he is terrible. Stop with the team around Dak makes him look good, that's such a silly and untrue statement.