Dak gets another Top 5 ranking

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Your exact quote was "I have no doubt that if you give Dak THAT kind of offense he will be in conference championships as well."

But yeah, I'm dense for not being able to read your mind, restructure your sentence, and take out offense and insert defense in it's place.

The fact that you call someone "dense" because you didn't say something the way you meant it and expect them to somehow fix your mistake their selves in their mind really speaks volumes.

Doesnt make sense with offense genius. Looks like you went off on a rant for nothing. LOL

FYI..............you are the only one that did it. Maybe that speaks volumes?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
so he audibled out of all the plays and garrett kept sending in running plays he audibled out of....what a great coach, where he can't even control his players and his locker room....

this was the poorest excuse I have read...well maybe not the poorest, but darn close to one of the worst....

you are trying to spin oh so hard...so spin me why the defense gave up 430 yards that game? and allowed fragile wentz complete 80% of his passes. oh, I guess because Dak audibled.

Not surprising you can’t stay on the topic of who controls the audibles. Hint: it is Dak. I would try to deflect too if I were in your shoes. Checkmate.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You're right.

We have won games on Daks arm, but those are few and far between. We have the most success when Dak is not the focal point of the offense.

He's not a Josh Allen type. He's not at that level. Josh Allen made a deep playoff run while the Bills leading rusher had 600 yards for the season. Dak has never even made the playoffs without a RB that had at least 1,4034 yards for the season. Facts.
I am not ready to annoint Allan anything yet, since he has done it one year and there are question marks on that accomplishment....he is ascending player though.

his first game was against a very flawed Indy team and he barely won that one...but hey I understand a win is a win. .
his second game, the defense held the Ravens to 3 points....so how many games would we have won in the playoffs if our defense held the opposition to 3 points?..that wasn't Allan winning the game because of his play given they scored 17 points (way below NFL average and their own average)....that was the defense winning the game. facts....
against KC he just plain imploded. he sucked. they scored 9 points early and then got shut down the rest of the game. so it goes back to the same issue most on here bring up about Dak, " not scoring enough in the first half"..he couldn't keep up the scoring with KC and they got down 9 points in the first half.and he never even showed up in the second half until the game was over. the game was completely out of hand by the time they scored 9 points in the last two drives of the 4th quarter....that's called pure garbage time when you weren't even within two scores of winning the game in the last 4 minutes.....

and his record in the playoffs is 2-2...all of 1 game better than Dak..... granted he got to the AFCCG....

so if/when our defense plays such that they don't give up 30+ points in the playoffs or 250 yards of rushing...then we will have a chance as good as Bills to post a better record in the post season...

btw, the last time our defense gave up 3 points was 2017, first game of the season against the Giants....Bills did it in 2020 and 2019..... wow I can only dream to see cowboys defense play like that

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Not surprising you can’t stay on the topic of who controls the audibles. Hint: it is Dak. I would try to deflect too if I were in your shoes. Checkmate.
WOW....so Dak decided how the game goes, plays are called and made all decisions on his own. garrett was some kind of stupid...much worse than I thought....so why even have an OC, just let the QB call all the plays like the old days..so in all the plays during the game he never audibled from a pass to a run, all his audibles were from a run to a pass. so in the Minn game, he decided to audible to a run, twice and kill a drive...and audibled to pass to zeke, twice....wow...you are so awsome....so knowledgable....so in tune, so informative....NOT

you are some kind of clueless..

I am done with your non-sense....

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
WOW....so Dak decided how the game goes, plays are called and made all decisions on his own. garrett was some kind of stupid...much worse than I thought....so why even have an OC, just let the QB call all the plays like the old days..so in all the plays during the game he never audibled from a pass to a run, all his audibles were from a run to a pass. so in the Minn game, he decided to audible to a run, twice and kill a drive...and audibled to pass to zeke, twice....wow...you are so awsome....so knowledgable....so in tune, so informative....NOT

you are some kind of clueless..

I am done with your non-sense....

Who controls the audible?
Who changes from run to pass?
Who has final say over the play via audible?

Usually it is the QB. If not, it is because the HC does not trust the QB.

Checkmate.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Doesnt make sense with offense genius. Looks like you went off on a rant for nothing. LOL

FYI..............you are the only one that did it. Maybe that speaks volumes?
Maybe don't be so emotional talking about your hero and proof read a little before you hit that reply button. You shouldn't expect others to read your mind, bud.

erod

Reaction score
These days it's really hard to find anyone who don't rank him from #5-7. Sure we weren't winning, but Quarterbacks have struggled even under good conditions - and with good receivers. (like Kirk Cousins has a really good supporting cast, but he's still middle of the pack)

Dak was ripping it in all of the games he actually played in last year. The only one he looked merely decent was against the #1 defense.... the Rams. I can totally see why he's Top 5. Everyone else but the Top 6 has looked horrible at times last year.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2021/6/1/22445936/nfl-quarterbacks-ranked-2021-qb-rankings-starters

No. 5: Dak Prescott — Cowboys

It’s so weird to think of a Dallas Cowboys quarterback flying under the radar, but it feels like Prescott is the best quarterback people don’t really talk about when it comes to the NFL’s best passers. This is probably due (in part) to a year of Cowboys fans saying Dak wasn’t that good because he didn’t sign a low-ball offer, now needing to pivot into championing him again.

No. 4: Deshaun Watson — Texans
Honestly, I don’t know what Watson’s situation will be in 2021. There’s a pending league investigation into allegations of sexual assault, and that could mean he’s suspended for a significant amount of time. However, if we look purely at on-field play he remains one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL, even on the league’s most dysfunctional roster.

No. 3: Tom Brady — Bucs
Brady is past the point where he’ll be a stat-stuffing God, but until someone else proves it he’s still the best pure winner at the position in football. With the support around him in Tampa Bay, there’s nothing preventing him from having another great season, perhaps even taking the Buccaneers back to the Super Bowl.

No. 2: Patrick Mahomes — Chiefs
It’s Pat Mahomes. Nuff said, really. Seriously though, crushing Super Bowl loss aside, the Chiefs have made moves to get Mahomes more protection, which feels like the only thing holding him back from throwing for 5,000 yards a season like it’s nothing.

No. 1: Aaron Rodgers — Packers
Rodgers is the reigning MVP, sure — but this is also a product of him doing so much with such little support. For Rodgers to actually be the top quarterback again in 2021 could depend on where he plays, but I have a feeling enough will be done to keep him in Green Bay and get him some help.
LOL, this means absolutely nothing.

Wake me when he plays well early in games consistently while the game is still in doubt.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
These days it's really hard to find anyone who don't rank him from #5-7. Sure we weren't winning, but Quarterbacks have struggled even under good conditions - and with good receivers. (like Kirk Cousins has a really good supporting cast, but he's still middle of the pack)

Dak was ripping it in all of the games he actually played in last year. The only one he looked merely decent was against the #1 defense.... the Rams. I can totally see why he's Top 5. Everyone else but the Top 6 has looked horrible at times last year.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2021/6/1/22445936/nfl-quarterbacks-ranked-2021-qb-rankings-starters

No. 5: Dak Prescott — Cowboys

It’s so weird to think of a Dallas Cowboys quarterback flying under the radar, but it feels like Prescott is the best quarterback people don’t really talk about when it comes to the NFL’s best passers. This is probably due (in part) to a year of Cowboys fans saying Dak wasn’t that good because he didn’t sign a low-ball offer, now needing to pivot into championing him again.

No. 4: Deshaun Watson — Texans
Honestly, I don’t know what Watson’s situation will be in 2021. There’s a pending league investigation into allegations of sexual assault, and that could mean he’s suspended for a significant amount of time. However, if we look purely at on-field play he remains one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL, even on the league’s most dysfunctional roster.

No. 3: Tom Brady — Bucs
Brady is past the point where he’ll be a stat-stuffing God, but until someone else proves it he’s still the best pure winner at the position in football. With the support around him in Tampa Bay, there’s nothing preventing him from having another great season, perhaps even taking the Buccaneers back to the Super Bowl.

No. 2: Patrick Mahomes — Chiefs
It’s Pat Mahomes. Nuff said, really. Seriously though, crushing Super Bowl loss aside, the Chiefs have made moves to get Mahomes more protection, which feels like the only thing holding him back from throwing for 5,000 yards a season like it’s nothing.

No. 1: Aaron Rodgers — Packers
Rodgers is the reigning MVP, sure — but this is also a product of him doing so much with such little support. For Rodgers to actually be the top quarterback again in 2021 could depend on where he plays, but I have a feeling enough will be done to keep him in Green Bay and get him some help.

Seriously, mateys, Watson at 4?:laugh:
Dak at 5?:lmao2:

Blimey and Jack Smithers Hammer. The blasphemy is listing bus drivers Watson and Dak in the same rarified air as Mahomes, Rogers and Brady. How do the rankers sleep at night?
To show how clueless SB nation is is the omission of Lamar and Wilson as top 5. :facepalm:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Don’t be the jealous type with likes.

Can’t answer the simple hypothetical question. I know exactly why. And you do too. No one wants to be checkmated.
Hypotheticals are ridiculous. It’s almost as bad as comparing the 60 or 70 the teams today . It’s beyond ridiculous

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Seriously, mateys, Watson at 4?:laugh:
Dak at 5?:lmao2:

Blimey and Jack Smithers Hammer. The blasphemy is listing bus drivers Watson and Dak in the same rarified air as Mahomes, Rogers and Brady. How do the rankers sleep at night?
To show how clueless SB nation is is the omission of Lamar and Wilson as top 5. :facepalm:
Yep follow the media. The overrated Mahomes. Mr. Hail Mary Aaron Rodgers. It’s good to be the bus driver. The person responsible for taking the team where it needs to go. When A wheel falls off you keep trucking on on . Remind me of the Wizard of Oz if you only had

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I didn't say Cousins or Dak are elite. you are trying to draw a conclusion to argue a point, that doesn't exist. I never said you think Dak is bad. its just seems that a lot of people on this thread argue Cousins is better. so my comment. start a team. you have two choices. Cousins or Dak, so seemingly you should take Cousins. I said the same thing to MC, several others.....

and glad to hear you think Dak is a better QB..... stats not withstanding (and misleading)
Anyone, who would choose Kirk cousins over Prescott has no business discussing football

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You forgot a 17-9 loss to the Eagles with the playoffs on the line in Week 16.
Did you see the best running back in the league get run down by a beat up old safety. . Put the blame where it belongs. Sad supporting cast

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Look who’s afraid to answer a simple question.
It’s a hypothetical . it’s not a question.Question who’s the better quarterback. Prescott without a doubt.