Dak getting bad advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
we will find out about both QBs this season IMO. There will be not much debate about either guy after this year.
I totally agree. On-the-job-training no longer exists this is the year. Will you really show who the leader of this team is. I believe in him

aikemirv

Reaction score
Who on this board would go to Vegas and put down 80 million, pretty much all you have, for a 100 million payout? I would say there is not one single poster.

Seriously, that is what he is doing!

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
Yea. There is a proper way to go about things, and a shady way to go about things. Or do you think the way Zeke did this was an honorable way to go about getting his money? Who do you think was influencing him to be away from his teammates and to play hardball?
There's nothing "shady" or "improper" or "dishonorable" about what he did. His agent advised him on how to get the best deal he could. And it worked. The agent did his job, nothing more.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Dak has a lot to lose if he dont sign. Not sure what is he waiting for. The cowboys have even invested in his safety getting one of the best O-Line groups and signed for a long time.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There's nothing "shady" or "improper" or "dishonorable" about what he did. His agent advised him on how to get the best deal he could. And it worked. The agent did his job, nothing more.
Yeah. Marshall Faulk in the other ear

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak has a lot to lose if he dont sign. Not sure what is he waiting for. The cowboys have even invested in his safety getting one of the best O-Line groups and signed for a long time.
He's betting on himself to have a great season. Got to love the confidence

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
Who on this board would go to Vegas and put down 80 million, pretty much all you have, for a 100 million payout? I would say there is not one single poster.

Seriously, that is what he is doing!
What kind of odds am I getting?

I get it. (Many of) you guys are more risk-averse than Dak is. Yes, he has a lot to lose, but he also has a lot to gain.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well if he doesn't make us better why over pay for him is my point.
He makes the running back position better the coaches make the team better. Open up your mind think a little bit out of the box don't be so tunnel-visioned.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm hoping that Dak, being a somewhat intelligent gent, will make a considerate decision when the time comes to sign his contract. Let's just hope he doesn't fall victim to those who would "kiss up" to their client. with no consideration for the team as a whole. I know it's asking a lot, but . . . ;)

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Not when the market says you're easily worth more than that

You don't just jump off a cliff because everyone else is! I feel the eagles made a mistake given Wentz that much money and Rams made a mistake giving Gurley his big money, I do not want Dallas to make the same mistakes because of the salary cap. If there was no cap I would say fine pay them all they want.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Actually I think Dak is getting good advice. It probably takes a ton of discipline to not take 30 mil/year when you've made a 4th round salary like he has.

But I think it will pay off for him. There's so much talent around him that he will put up good numbers and the team will win plenty of games. It doesn't matter that he isn't and never will be one of the best pure passers in the game. He's good enough to win with, and there are teams that would pay a fortune for that even if Jerry doesn't want to.

With the cap going up in the future on top of general QB salary inflation, I'd wait as long as I could, too.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You don't just jump off a cliff because everyone else is! I feel the eagles made a mistake given Wentz that much money and Rams made a mistake giving Gurley his big money, I do not want Dallas to make the same mistakes because of the salary cap. If there was no cap I would say fine pay them all they want.
That's my point. No one person is bigger than the franchise. But sometimes you just have to suffer. If I've learned anything in life, it's Never Say Never. And change is inevitable

Ron12

Reaction score
I'm hoping that Dak, being a somewhat intelligent gent, will make a considerate decision when the time comes to sign his contract. Let's just hope he doesn't fall victim to those who would "kiss up" to their client. with no consideration for the team as a whole. I know it's asking a lot, but . . . ;)
What do you think about a 4 year deal at 108 million with 90 million guaranteed money did Wentz get close to that ?????

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I want Dak to be the best in the NFL and lead us to multiple SUper Bowls, but I just feel the Super Bowls are going to be hard to do if we make a few positions the highest paid in the league and not afford to field a complete team.

romonumberone

Reaction score
I would rather get paid $30,000,000 starting this season than $1-2 million this year and than start earning $35,000,000 next year.... It would take 6-7 seasons to recoup the difference in money.... by than he is on a 3rd contract anyways.

1. The risk of injury.
2. The risk of poor performance... without Zeke is likely.
3. The risk of continued sub par performance.... & being exposed as not a top tier QB
4. The risk of not making the playoffs.
5. The risk of Dallas building the team around the QB position and drafting another rookie to play on the rookie contract.... The GM will not be fired.
6. Get paid quicker... another year of your life to enjoy the money and take care of your family.

Plus playing for the Cowboys
1. More endorsements.
2. No state income tax.
3. Playing for America's team
4. Playing for a team laden with talent.... makes you as a QB look & play better.
5. Being on the inside circle of trust with a man like Jerry Jones could be a good thing and a lucrative thing long after your playing days are over.

So yes irregardless of how this plays out Dak is getting very bad advice..... The reason for the agent giving Dak the bad advice is the agent has a different agenda than Dak. The agent uses Dak to get more business from other athletes.... you do that by squeezing out every dollar you can.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

You've got it completely backwards

$30M isnt "more than fair" when the market says you're easily worth more than that.
The CowBoys can decide to pay market value for Dak or not, but that doesnt change his market value.

aikemirv

Reaction score
What kind of odds am I getting?

I get it. (Many of) you guys are more risk-averse than Dak is. Yes, he has a lot to lose, but he also has a lot to gain.
No he does not-that is the point. He has to gain 28 million in actual payout plus the time value of money not received right now. I would say he has a 1/10 chance to do that at best without knowing actual parameters of the draft offered.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
You've got it completely backwards

$30M isnt "more than fair" when the market says you're easily worth more than that.
The CowBoys can decide to pay market value for Dak or not, but that doesnt change his market value.

IMHO he is not easily worth more than $30mil and I am a fan of him

Status
Not open for further replies.