Video: Dak had most drops in league

Ken

Reaction score
Didn't beat a single winning team.

Choked in Philly when it mattered most.

Racked up big numbers in a meaningless final game and garbage time all year.

Stats are stupid.
Blah blah blah.

Its I team game when he wins but if he loses...never hear the end of it. When he was winning with under 300 yards a game...it was he is a dink and dunker and not a real qb.

6 drops in that philly game and playing hurt and we have to keep hearing about it.

erod

Reaction score
Blah blah blah.

Its I team game when he wins but if he loses...never hear the end of it. When he was winning with under 300 yards a game...it was he is a dink and dunker and not a real qb.

6 drops in that philly game and playing hurt and we have to keep hearing about it.
Three games last year, he failed to score one lousy touchdown.

Got severely outplayed by Trubisky, Darnold, and Allen.

Couldn't beat a winning team.

Yeah, let's pay the crap out of that guy!

lockster

Reaction score
On the heels of the thread where he was 2nd in the league in 3rd down completion % comes the lead the league in drops. If one of them is held onto...he is the cowboys all time single season passing leader. If they catch half of those drops...we are in the playoffs and win the division.

Discuss...

If he would stop throwing the ball behind them , they might be able to hold on.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
On the heels of the thread where he was 2nd in the league in 3rd down completion % comes the lead the league in drops. If one of them is held onto...he is the cowboys all time single season passing leader. If they catch half of those drops...we are in the playoffs and win the division.

Discuss...

And ... and ... the refs are mean to him!!!!

Ken

Reaction score
Three games last year, he failed to score one lousy touchdown.

Got severely outplayed by Trubisky, Darnold, and Allen.

Couldn't beat a winning team.

Yeah, let's pay the crap out of that guy!
He got outplayed or our defense did?

Yet, coming into this past year this was never an issue, beating good teams?

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Quite a few bad passes in the video.

I didn’t watch it but that is my recollection as well. Certainly there were some bad drops by the WRs but I think a lot of them were caused by poor throws. Balls slightly behind or too low/high that were deemed catchable. I remember a ton of throws that were just a little behind the wr and those are hard to catch when you’re going one way and have to reach back across your body knowing that exposes your entire body to getting smashed.

HungryLion

Reaction score
You’re telling me you can’t comprehend how the following are completely dissimilar?

QB1 throws a pass to a WR1 that is standing still, 15 yards away, putting the ball at eye level, square in front of him at his head. Easy pitch and catch.

QB1 throws to the same receiver who this time is running full speed 15 yards away on a crossing pattern. The QB puts the directly behind him and low so that the receiver has to reach down low and behind him to catch it. It’s objectively a poor throw.

For the sake of arguing let’s just say both passes are completed because it’s irrelevant to the actual point.

Is the level of difficulty of each catch equal to the other?

I’ll agree that Dak has a problem with crossing patterns. It’s the route he struggles with the most (it’s kind of odd because he throws slants really well IMO)

But, I haven’t seen data that Dak throws passes that are “higher difficulty to catch” more Often than others QB’s do. I would venture to guess that everyone on this board watches Dak play more than any other QB in the league too. Although there may be a few fans that see every game another team plays.

jnday

Reaction score
I didn’t watch it but that is my recollection as well. Certainly there were some bad drops by the WRs but I think a lot of them were caused by poor throws. Balls slightly behind or too low/high that were deemed catchable. I remember a ton of throws that were just a little behind the wr and those are hard to catch when you’re going one way and have to reach back across your body knowing that exposes your entire body to getting smashed.
A lot of WRs have problems with a QB that puts them in a position where they could take big hits. Dallas has been lucky that these WRs have not been seriously injured.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If 1 receiver has a lot of drops I typically fault that receiver, however. When a group of receivers has drop issues we should look at many other factors including the QB, ball placement, what was called vs what was ran, all factors of the route, how they are being taught, pretty much everything.

Cmac

Reaction score
Saw a few by Coop & Witt......can't place all on Gallup or Zeke.