Dak has 5th-best EPA in expected pass situations

Pass2Run

Reaction score
These are always fun stats and all but the problem is...we all watched the 49ers games. We didn't get a first down until what the 5th drive? Where is the stats for that. Oh that's right on the win loss column.
The 49ers game came down to scheme and the OC shooting himself in the foot.

I want to believe that was intentional, in order to amp up his team for a re-match — should there be one.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pretty good company to be in.

Now if we could only avoid putting him in 3rd and 8+ every single series...

Damn, and I thought it was gonna be a quiet weekend.....but, NO! You had to wake up the pack of Hyenas! Lol

Nav22

Reaction score
Who cares?

Dak is a mid QB. Stop looking at numbers.
He's a top 10 QB according to NFL players, coaches, scouts, execs.... and also just about every single efficiency statistic, PLUS win/loss record if that's your thing.

If that's "mid" then you're correct.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You think every single stat has to prove something 100% definitively, or else it should be tossed out and never spoken of again?

It means whatever you want it to mean.

Do you think it's a random coincidence that the best QBs in the league seem to be at the top? And the worst QBs seem to be at the bottom? That's called correlation.
Dang, sorry that you took it as a knock on Dak. I asked a legitimate question…what does it mean…
And I know what correlation means. So this is one chart. Show me the correlation part as what you are referring to is negative correlation. As to if the top QB’s and bottom QB”s are getting better and worst respectively.
One chart tells the overall group as it stands now over 6 weeks. Is there a chart week to week?

Nav22

Reaction score
Dang, sorry that you took it as a knock on Dak. I asked a legitimate question…what does it mean…
And I know what correlation means. So this is one chart. Show me the correlation part as what you are referring to is negative correlation. As to if the top QB’s and bottom QB”s are getting better and worst respectively.
One chart tells the overall group as it stands now over 6 weeks. Is there a chart week to week?
Who said I took it as a knock on Dak?

It was just odd that your first reaction was to dismiss the data entirely.

It means that when the defense is expecting pass, Dak has been the 5th-most efficient QB based on EPA. Nothing more, nothing less.

lopey

Reaction score
He's a top 10 QB according to NFL players, coaches, scouts, execs.... and also just about every single efficiency statistic, PLUS win/loss record if that's your thing.

If that's "mid" then you're correct.
Wins in playoffs all i care about. Win. Play great when it counts.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Nobody said Dak's better than Purdy.

Purdy's been a total stud since last year.
Yeah, there learning how to play him and he will stat falling apart. Screw Purdy.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak totally sucks when facing the very best defense in football, especially without any semblance of a run game.

Not nearly as big an indictment as you think it is.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
So you don’t think the team has anything to do with it. Wow.

Nav22

Reaction score
Yeah, there learning how to play him and he will stat falling apart. Screw Purdy.
That's what they said entering this season too.

Instead, he's the highest rated QB in the league again.
:laugh:

btgboys41

Reaction score
Pretty good company to be in.

Now if we could only avoid putting him in 3rd and 8+ every single series...

Dak is part of those that put him in 3rd and 8. I’d really like them to take the harness off Dak and let him go like most teams do when they feel they have a good QB. Whether he craps the bed or soars, I think we’d get a truer picture of him for this season.

They are so conservative with him that flattering and non-flattering stats just mean less to me. If they feel so good about him, why are they so conservative? Frustrating.

Nav22

Reaction score
Dak is part of those that put him in 3rd and 8. I’d really like them to take the harness off Dak and let him go like most teams do when they feel they have a good QB. Whether he craps the bed or soars, I think we’d get a truer picture of him for this season.

They are so conservative with him that flattering and non-flattering stats just mean less to me. If they feel so good about him, why are they so conservative? Frustrating.
McCarthy offense.

He's sticking with the run even if it's not working.

I'm okay with it for now because I think the OL will improve with more time together.

Remember: people complained about Kellen Moore for being too pass-happy.