Dak has ruined this team

csirl

Reaction score
All those who constantly posted on social media, including CZ, that Dak is elite and should be signed to a large contract need to accept a lot of the blame.

Afterall, Jerry is a salesman who gives the customer what they want, because it sells tickets and makes him popular. Without the very extensive and coordinated media effort, he would not have been extended.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Those of you who are saying it’s the FO or Joneses fault, I mean yeah obviously. However let’s not forget that this quarterback kind of put this organization in a corner to get that contract too. The great ones like Brady are smarter than that and know they have to invest in the team not the trigger man.
how did the QB put them in a corner?

and I am sick and tired of hearing brady...once in a generational talent, who has played for 20+ years and his wife makes way more than any NFL player make....did watson take a discount? Goff? Ryan? Wentz? Mahomes? Rodgers? Wilson?

and I assume you are talking about Dak's contract handicapping this team...so tell me how a 17M and 19M cap hit has handicapped this team. right now we have the 7th most cap space, with plenty of FAs that can help this team..yet we go out and sign Washington......Schuster signed for a 3M contract loaded with incentives....we lose Cooper, Gregory and Collins because we act like bumbling idiots in the FO..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yes as he demanded top dollar knowing he just doesn't have what it takes.
Think the above is called an IMPOSTER!!!!
Con-Man
Swindler
etc
etc
ok, I am looking for a job, I am pretty skilled manager. I demand high dollars. 7 figures....and nobody was willing to give it to me.

Jones could have simply walked away. he didn't have to franchise tag Dak. Dak could have asked for 80M/year contract, doesn't mean jones should give it to him. Jones had other options he didn't explore.

so how is Dak a swindler? he didn't trick, lie or deciet. there was tape to watch, first hand account of assessment from coaches, other players, other GMs would give Jerry their assessment, etc. How in the heck did Jones get swindled?

so was Ryan Leaf an imposter? a swindler? talk his way to being 2nd over all pick and then suck royally? what about Wentz? was wentz a swindler too? and Goff?

you are a confused lost soul.....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
All those who constantly posted on social media, including CZ, that Dak is elite and should be signed to a large contract need to accept a lot of the blame.

Afterall, Jerry is a salesman who gives the customer what they want, because it sells tickets and makes him popular. Without the very extensive and coordinated media effort, he would not have been extended.
so it was fans on this site that Jones wilted to...wow, I have a lot of power I didn't know....what about the 100,000 fans in the stadium? or the millions who buy merchandise? is CZ that big, that common and that popular!!!

geez, I assume you are very young and naive...lets just leave it at that.

csirl

Reaction score
so it was fans on this site that Jones wilted to...wow, I have a lot of power I didn't know....what about the 100,000 fans in the stadium? or the millions who buy merchandise? is CZ that big, that common and that popular!!!

geez, I assume you are very young and naive...lets just leave it at that.

There's a lot more social media than CZ

These Dak fans got what they wanted. Those of us who support the team, not individual players, have to pay the price. Are you happy with what's happened? Your guy has a full bank account.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ok, I am looking for a job, I am pretty skilled manager. I demand high dollars. 7 figures....and nobody was willing to give it to me.

Jones could have simply walked away. he didn't have to franchise tag Dak. Dak could have asked for 80M/year contract, doesn't mean jones should give it to him. Jones had other options he didn't explore.

so how is Dak a swindler? he didn't trick, lie or deciet. there was tape to watch, first hand account of assessment from coaches, other players, other GMs would give Jerry their assessment, etc. How in the heck did Jones get swindled?

so was Ryan Leaf an imposter? a swindler? talk his way to being 2nd over all pick and then suck royally? what about Wentz? was wentz a swindler too? and Goff?

you are a confused lost soul.....

2 QB went down in a pre-season game for our Anti-Christ to go under center.
A team stacked and with rookie Zeke who pretty much carried him in 2016.
An inept HC who probably recommends to Jerry to go with Dak instead of Romo.
Yes, it's not wrong to take the boss's money but I'll be damned if I'm going to support or excuse # 4 Greed or ineptness!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
There's a lot more social media than CZ

These Dak fans got what they wanted. Those of us who support the team, not individual players, have to pay the price. Are you happy with what's happened? Your guy has a full bank account.
no, not happy with what happened. but to say its his fault....then blame jones for being an idiot and doing what the fans wanted.....did the fans want to give Lawrence a 22M/year contract, then redo it yet again and he has had 7 year gauranteed contracts... a record in the NFL...for 6 sacks per year. was it the fans that forced Jones to let cooper walk, when most fans were screaming to keep him? where was the social media influence you speak of? was it the fans who gave out the contract to zeke? two years before his contract ended and make him highest paid RB ever....

how about before Dak? was it Dak's fault for keeping Garrett when he should have been fired after year 3....or hand out contract to a nut case called Greg Hardy? was it the fans influence that did that? fans wanted Garrett gone, so what happened to your social media influence.

like I said, you are young, naive and part of new generation and probably follow a few influencers on social media and you think that's how organizations are run....you sound very inexperienced...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
2 QB went down in a pre-season game for our Anti-Christ to go under center.
A team stacked and with rookie Zeke who pretty much carried him in 2016.
An inept HC who probably recommends to Jerry to go with Dak instead of Romo.
Yes, it's not wrong to take the boss's money but I'll be damned if I'm going to support or excuse # 4 Greed or ineptness!
you just tried to spin the argument into something different, which is trying to discuss his performance...

like I said, Iets say I agree with you. he sucks...I support you in that....but why did Jones give him a contract, having access to all the information he needed to make proper assessment? jones could have walked away. he had other options. why didn't jones not walk away? isn't that the GMs job to know and understand all the players abilities, skills, capabilities, potential? WHY DIDN"T JONES WALK AWAY?

was your expectation that Dak lose games and play bad once he got a chance to play? is that what you wanted him to do?

and geez dude, you sound quite emotional and taking this quite personally!. I had suspected a while back that there was something personal in nature with your anger and hatred of Dak...but "anti christ"....geez, its just a game, entertainment.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
you just tried to spin the argument into something different, which is trying to discuss his performance...

like I said, Iets say I agree with you. he sucks...I support you in that....but why did Jones give him a contract, having access to all the information he needed to make proper assessment? jones could have walked away. he had other options. why didn't jones not walk away? isn't that the GMs job to know and understand all the players abilities, skills, capabilities, potential? WHY DIDN"T JONES WALK AWAY?

was your expectation that Dak lose games and play bad once he got a chance to play? is that what you wanted him to do?

and geez dude, you sound quite emotional and taking this quite personally!. I had suspected a while back that there was something personal in nature with your anger and hatred of Dak...but "anti christ"....geez, its just a game, entertainment.

Cowboy Anti-Christ filling his coffers and leaving pain and sorrow in his wake!

basel90

Reaction score
The problem with Dak and why he ruins this team is he isn't the same QB against better teams. He regresses into a bottom teir QB.
He looks just like his scouting report. The Browns ran out and got Watson because Baker wasn't good enough. Chiefs drafted Mahomes because Alex Smith wasn't good enough. 49ers traded up and drafted Trey Lance because Jimmy G isn't good enough. All those QBs beat the Cowboys and outplayed Dak. Rivers wasn't bad and the Chargers replaced him with Herbert because he wasn't great.Dallas is blind to the fact Dak ain't good enough.
Dak lovers cannot point one game where Dak won the game for the cowboys . It is always a bus driver win , against a weaker NFC East opponent, or a against a team who has a terrible run defense and we steamroll them . Dak disappears or messes up against good teams , and then his mess is brushed aside with the usual nauseating excuses
- the defense was bad
- Dak just had a bad game
- the coaching or offensive calls were bad

no one wants to address the elephant in the room , Dak !!!
Dak is in the process Of killing the career of the second coach so far , and 4-5 wide receivers ( dez, Beasley , Cooper ,and soon 2 others like Cee Dee ).

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Dak was in diapers, and social media didn't even exist, the last time ol' Jerry won anything. :rolleyes:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Cowboy Anti-Christ filling his coffers and leaving pain and sorrow in his wake!
you need help. seriously. you are taking all of this way too seriously.

by that token Jerry is Anti-christ. Lawrence, cooper, Zeke, Collins, heck, every NFL player is an anti-christ.

seek help my friend. I am worried about your state of mind

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak lovers cannot point one game where Dak won the game for the cowboys . It is always a bus driver win , against a weaker NFC East opponent, or a against a team who has a terrible run defense and we steamroll them . Dak disappears or messes up against good teams , and then his mess is brushed aside with the usual nauseating excuses
- the defense was bad
- Dak just had a bad game
- the coaching or offensive calls were bad

no one wants to address the elephant in the room , Dak !!!
Dak is in the process Of killing the career of the second coach so far , and 4-5 wide receivers ( dez, Beasley , Cooper ,and soon 2 others like Cee Dee ).
Patriots game?

yes, we need upgrade at QB position, I am in the middle of writing a personal letter to Jerry and Stephen, I can send you a copy to sign it if you like the elephant in the room is Jerry jones, Dak is just the baby elephant. so is Lawrence and Zeke.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
you need help. seriously. you are taking all of this way too seriously.

by that token Jerry is Anti-christ. Lawrence, cooper, Zeke, Collins, heck, every NFL player is an anti-christ.

seek help my friend. I am worried about your state of mind

Help ehhh?
Why don't you go help Dak score more than 7 points in 3 Quarters of football as he did vs the Niners????
At home, let us remember that vs a wildcard team....

Skillit

Reaction score

Yes…..you several dozen strong posting on this site need to realize how culpable you are!!! Beg forgiveness now!!!!

Dak and his presence has brought this franchise into mediocrity. Ever since he was drafted in 1998, we’ve only had disappointments. His bumbled hold on the PAT, last second interceptions, vacations in Cabo, horrible playoff appearances in general, inaccurate / inconsistent passing, contract drama, causing bad trades/ contracts, making the owner say stupid crap in the media year after year……..between “us” and Dak, I think we should just walk away from football.

PS- I’m fully aware of the discrepancies of chronology / attribution in my post. That’s a reflection of how asinine the OP’s original statement is.

EVERY.SINGLE.DYNASTY franchise had a down period after…..the Pats will fall too- BB can’t keep the ship sailing forever. Steelers, Niners, Boys…..all have seen mediocre years.

Our problem is we have an owner who bought 3 rings and tricked other franchises along the way when he thought he was the smartest cat in the room. He’s been trying to recreate ever since.

He wants to gamble / trick to win…..not build over time. How we got the level of QB play out if Romo and Dak is astounding. A UDFA and a 4th rounder for the most valuable franchise in NFL history????? Pssssssst- we won SB’s with Heisman trophy winners and #1 draft picks…..aka stars. Tom Brady is a ghost. Look at every other QB who went to multiple SB’s. Pedigree matters.

God that original post was stupid.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Help ehhh?
Why don't you go help Dak score more than 7 points in 3 Quarters of football as he did vs the Niners????
At home, let us remember that vs a wildcard team....
see, here you go again...I did say Dak is bad. dak sucks...but you went off on this preacher signing gospel stuff, bringing in christ and anti-christ and going all voodoo on this...

its simple, its entertainment. its for fun. its not life and death. him taking money doesn't make him the devil. or anti-christ, dude get a hold of yourself...I can see smoke coming out of your ears.

and you just diverted, since you got cornered again...I asked Jerry could have walked away, and he had other options and he didn't...why? and you went anti-christ on me.

btw, Dak needs help and dak can't get us over the top and dak sucks.

so why did Jerry sign him? are you telling me Jerry couldn't walk away?
why is this so personal with you?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yes…..you several dozen strong posting on this site need to realize how culpable you are!!! Beg forgiveness now!!!!

Dak and his presence has brought this franchise into mediocrity. Ever since he was drafted in 1998, we’ve only had disappointments. His bumbled hold on the PAT, last second interceptions, vacations in Cabo, horrible playoff appearances in general, inaccurate / inconsistent passing, contract drama, causing bad trades/ contracts, making the owner say stupid crap in the media year after year……..between “us” and Dak, I think we should just walk away from football.

PS- I’m fully aware of the discrepancies of chronology / attribution in my post. That’s a reflection of how asinine the OP’s original statement is.

EVERY.SINGLE.DYNASTY franchise had a down period after…..the Pats will fall too- BB can’t keep the ship sailing forever. Steelers, Niners, Boys…..all have seen mediocre years.

Our problem is we have an owner who bought 3 rings and tricked other franchises along the way when he thought he was the smartest cat in the room. He’s been trying to recreate ever since.

He wants to gamble / trick to win…..not build over time. How we got the level of QB play out if Romo and Dak is astounding. A UDFA and a 4th rounder for the most valuable franchise in NFL history????? Pssssssst- we won SB’s with Heisman trophy winners and #1 draft picks…..aka stars. Tom Brady is a ghost. Look at every other QB who went to multiple SB’s. Pedigree matters.

God that original post was stupid.
I laughed at your post. you are right.

the problem is we had a football guy in place in Johnson that brought fort our championship teams and Jerry was in the background. then his ego took over and he dismantled a team Johnson had put in place the team and Jerry ruined it and couldn't continue to add the right talent of coaching. for 25+ years he has been trying to prove he is a football guy and satisfy his ego, instead of admiting, he is not good at it.

he makes mistake, after mistake, after mistake and Dak is his latest and there will be others after Dak if Jones still runs the team.

it looks like his son is worse than him and so when he takes over, it will be just as bad. Stephen runs the team like an accountant, minimizing expenses to increase profits, not understanding value of investment and potential future earnings. he is not running a football team, with ultimate goal of winning superbowl. he is maximizing share holder value (him and his family).

Skillit

Reaction score
Tha
I laughed at your post. you are right.

the problem is we had a football guy in place in Johnson that brought fort our championship teams and Jerry was in the background. then his ego took over and he dismantled a team Johnson had put in place the team and Jerry ruined it and couldn't continue to add the right talent of coaching. for 25+ years he has been trying to prove he is a football guy and satisfy his ego, instead of admiting, he is not good at it.

he makes mistake, after mistake, after mistake and Dak is his latest and there will be others after Dak if Jones still runs the team.

it looks like his son is worse than him and so when he takes over, it will be just as bad. Stephen runs the team like an accountant, minimizing expenses to increase profits, not understanding value of investment and potential future earnings. he is not running a football team, with ultimate goal of winning superbowl. he is maximizing share holder value (him and his family).

Thanks, I’m bored on vacation on a cruise coming back from Cozumel. I was on the ranch for like, 15 years—got sick of the mods. I came here years ago but almost never post. What’s the point?
I’ve definitely seen your handle for a long time.

thanks for playing along.
Go Cowboys!

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The great Patrick Mahomes the choke artist , Matthew Stafford threw an interception that San Francisco dropped. Aaron Rodgers didn’t even make the championship game. you think Prescotts the reason we’re not winning. Lmao.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
The great Patrick Mahomes the choke artist , Matthew Stafford threw an interception that San Francisco dropped. Aaron Rodgers didn’t even make the championship game. you think Prescotts the reason we’re not winning. Lmao.
Don’t compare Dak to those guys, PLEASE!!! You’re out of your mind.Every one of those guys are proven.The only thing Dak has proven is that he crumbles in the biggest situations.Dak sucks!!! Face it.