Dak has ruined this team

BigD_95

Reaction score
Think about all that we’ve given up for this teams buy in with him

-cap hell for the next decade

-losing out on good players and free agents

-he’s about to get his second coach fired next year

-the 2016 decision to go with him over Romo leading to a first round exit

-squandering the best cowboys team in 20 years with another first round exit due to poor qb play

-cutting or trading players who don’t get along with Dak or we just can’t simply afford them anymore

Think about the following qb option we had the last 2 years

1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Russell Wilson
4. Dashaun Watson
5. Matt Stafford

And Dak makes more money than all of them. I know this isn’t all predicated on Dak but it’s kind of hard not to feel that we’ve been cheated out of something since we signed him to this ridiculous deal

Great post - all true

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

-squandering the best cowboys team in 20 years with another first round exit due to poor qb play

-cutting or trading players who don’t get along with Dak or we just can’t simply afford them anymore

1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Russell Wilson
4. Dashaun Watson
5. Matt Stafford

And Dak makes more money than all of them. I know this isn’t all predicated on Dak but it’s kind of hard not to feel that we’ve been cheated out of something since we signed him to this ridiculous deal

The greatest sports franchise in the world has ended up being held hostage by imposter Prescott....
pied-piper.gif

May the Grid-iron Gods have mercy on us......

Last edited:

pupulehaole

Reaction score

1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Russell Wilson
4. Dashaun Watson
5. Matt Stafford

The fact 26 people liked this useless post makes me laugh.

Cmac

Reaction score
Dak made all of those decisions, including signing himself to an extension? :huh:

Seems to me that's the handiwork of two men who have produced 3 playoff wins in the last 25 years.
.....pretty obvious instead of the smokescreen to blame Dak. JJ reading a GM for Dummies book.

basel90

Reaction score
Kyler Murray? Take his legs away and he doesn't have squat. Dude is a bum.
He has a cannon arm as well , and he is 8-0 at AT&T stadium. Head to head against Dak twice, he was by far the better QB . Both times at our stadium . If Kyler is a bum. Imagine what Dak is .
Dak disappears unless everything is perfect around him and the running game is humming, or the opponent is so weak

fivetwos

Reaction score
Dak Prescott is overpaid due to the Jones boys need to hear themselves talk.

Throw in the idea that instead of saying things like "we will continue to explore all options" it was...."Daks our guy, we will get him signed."

Throw in not even attempting to line up a reasonable alternative and the agent simply waited them out.

Either they over pay or sift through the Fitzgeralds of the world.

They did it to themselves with their mouths.

streetcredit

Reaction score
The only way out of Dak's mess of a contract is drafting another Parsons and having the defense take over......Please tell me there's one that slips to us in 1st round!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kevm3

Reaction score
We could barely win a game when Dak was out and when he came in we were the #1 offense in the league, but somehow now he is 'mediocre' and middle of the pack. I wonder what fantasy land quarterback we could have gotten that would have changed things around. People love Herbert, but has he even made the playoffs? Wentz was the 'it guy' that we should have gotten until he almost fell out of the league. Derek Carr was the guy lusted after until he never did much. Aaron Rodgers scored less than Dak did against the 49ers but he gets an excuse of 'it was tooo coollldd'. Aaron Rodgers just got a 50 million dollar a year contract as well, so I'd love to know how we would sign him and not be cap strapped.

We could have did something when we had Dak for under a milli a year, but the FO decided it wanted to be frugal. This is the same FO that just traded away our no. 1 receiver for a 5th rounder. We can keep blaming everything else but the FO because their priority isn't winning. With how McCarthy was evaluated for the job, does anyone believe that was a thorough process for selecting a winning coach or was it more 'buddyism' from the Jones boys?

kevm3

Reaction score
Getting stafford and letting Dak walk would have been best . Would love. To get Kyler Murray or Rodgers to the cowboys , but Jerry and Stephen also gave Dak the no trade option. Crazy .

Has Stafford even won a play-off game prior to going to the Rams? What exactly would Stafford have accomplished in Dallas? The Rams is the same team that took Goff to a superbowl and went 'all-in' this year. Put Dak on the Cowboys with Jalen Ramsey, Aaron Donald, Von Miller, Odell Beckham and Cooper Kupp and it'd be Dak hoisting up a trophy while Stafford would be sitting at home

StuckMojo

Reaction score
The only way out of Dak's mess of a contract is drafting another Parsons and having the defense take over......Please tell me there's one that slips to us in 1st round!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As much as Parsons has talked this off season I am worried JJ’s culture has gotten to him

baltcowboy

Reaction score

1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Russell Wilson
4. Dashaun Watson
5. Matt Stafford

Romo was never going to beat Rodgers. None of those 5 quarterbacks you named were ever coming to Dallas. Watson …….:laugh::facepalm: After this season we will probably only have Dak’s contract to worry about. Who did.we lose that did not get along with Dak? Cooper had issues with the coaches and ownership. La’el might be Dak’s best friend on the team not named Zeke. The offensive line imploding cost the Cowboys the San Francisco game and play calls.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Romo was never going to beat Rodgers. None of those 5 quarterbacks you named were ever coming to Dallas. Watson …….:laugh::facepalm: After this season we will probably only have Dak’s contract to worry about. Who did.we lose that did not get along with Dak? Cooper had issues with the coaches and ownership. La’el might be Dak’s best friend on the team not named Zeke. The offensive line imploding cost the Cowboys the San Francisco game and play calls.

Romo would have been foaming at the mouth to get another shot at Rodgers and Greenbay at home after the Dez non catch game 2 years earlier....and i don't see any scenario where we fall behind 21-3 with Romo as our starting QB in that game....while i'm not a Dak fan, unlike others i don't blame him for that GB loss...he was a Rookie QB and had no business being expected to do something no other rookie in the history of the NFL had done before him. Romo at home with that team in 2016 beats GB in my opinion and makes a very serious run at a SB

kevm3

Reaction score
Romo didn't finish the season prior and he couldn't even finish preseason, so this notion that Romo would have just come in and led us to a Superbowl that year is fantasy. If he didn't get spanked by Rodgers, he would have gotten spanked by Brady.