Twitter: Dak has taken a step back in his return

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I thought they said the MRI indicated the injury wasn't serious. Now he needs his arm amputated? Were they just lying to us all along?

Reactions: G2

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Dak would play like Ryan Tannehill and Kellen Moore would call plays like the Titans offense calls we'd win 12-13 games this year.

They won't though. Because Kellen Moore is a former QB who wants to be pass heavy and Dak thinks he's Mahomes.

It's all ego at this point. We saw how successful we was Dak's first 3 years when Zeke and the running game was the focal point. We went 13-3, 9-7, and 10-6 and won a playoff game. Then Dak wanted to be the man and his buddy Kellen Moore took over. It's been downhill ever since for the Cowboys as a team, but Dak put up his prettiest stats and got paid while he was at.
Since week 2 in 2017 when the Broncos showed the rest of the NFL our Achilles heel.......STOP Zeke win the game!!!

Jipper

Reaction score
so is our season over now? asking for a friend

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Wrong.....dumb marijuana rules (insert Randy Gregory here) and Archaic QB coaching styles and failed mentorship QB coaching is why Quincy Carter failed.

Romo was going to get cut if Quincy didn't fail a drug test.

Go sell your revisionist history to some other lazy Cowboy fan

Dak Haters were BORN the Day Dak Prescott hijacked the team by leadership and connectivity to players....
Maybe Romo would have been cut, but there's no way Carter "would have" had a better career. It's not like his drug problem prevented him from getting on a roster forever. He signed with the Jets and they let him go because he lied about visiting his sick mom when in reality he was in rehab. Not much to do with the rules as his own choices. Then, he went to 5 different non-NFL teams.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I thought they said the MRI indicated the injury wasn't serious. Now he needs his arm amputated? Were they just lying to us all along?

I don’t think that’s necessarily the case.

Initial reports said Dak would be out for 1-2 weeks to rest the muscles.

then McCarthy said it may be sooner.

now they are more closely following that timeline.

We will see when Dak resumes throwing. But it’s only been one week as of today. So it’s not like this has dragged on any further than initially expected anyway.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I don’t think that’s necessarily the case.

Initial reports said Dak would be out for 1-2 weeks to rest the muscles.

then McCarthy said it may be sooner.

now they are more closely following that timeline.

We will see when Dak resumes throwing. But it’s only been one week as of today. So it’s not like this has dragged on any further than initially expected anyway.
Did you leave out the "setback" that was reported?

HungryLion

Reaction score

The original tweet of this thread misquoted what McCarthy said in his interview. McCarthy didn’t report a set back. McCarthy basically said they are going to be more conservative with the timeline rather than returning Dak sooner. In order to be cautious.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The original tweet of this thread misquoted what McCarthy said in his interview. McCarthy didn’t report a set back. McCarthy basically said they are going to be more conservative with the timeline rather than returning Dak sooner. In order to be cautious.
Not only was the Tweet misquoting, but he then corrected it.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Not only was the Tweet misquoting, but he then corrected it.

Correct. The reported misheard him initially.

McCarthy can talk in circles a bit. But the reporter did correct his initial report to more accurately reflect what Mike said.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

McCarthy can talk in circles a bit. But the reporter did correct his initial report to more accurately reflect what Mike said.
Which is refreshing to see. I wish all "journalists" made corrections.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Thanks. They need to stop reporting a setback when there was none.

phildadon86

Reaction score

I asked a while ago why the title of this thread hasnt been changed or locked entirely lol. Its completely misleading.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Not with an injury.
So is he injured or are they just being precautionary? If he is injured then rest him. If it is just precautionary, go knock the rust off. That's the problem with the Cowboys and their injury news. You never know how severe something is with the players.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I saw a Tweet the other day where he was throwing left-handed and it was a good throw. Could he still play in games like that if his right shoulder problem persists?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
So is he injured or are they just being precautionary? If he is injured then rest him. If it is just precautionary, go knock the rust off. That's the problem with the Cowboys and their injury news. You never know how severe something is with the players.
Both.
It's literally meaningless to play him. From everything I read, it's a minor injury and it would be foolish to force him to keep throwing.

I really don't understand what the big deal is.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I support the players also because they are on the Cowboys. That's the only reason. I'm not concerned with their back stories, if their teammates like em, or what they do off the field. I like all that feel good stuff, but the play on the field comes first to me.

Winning cures all. I'm tired of losing, so when I see guys that's never won anything being babied and defended like they are Tom Brady is irks me a little. If Dak didn't miss all that time I wouldn't be nearly as frustrated as I am about this mess, but because he's not thrown a meaningful pass since Week 4 last year it concerns me. Because I know if he plays horrible and we loss that first game the excuses will be flying for him.

Babied? Dak missed time because he broke his ankle, not a minor injury nor is it an easy rehab yet the guy busted his butt to get back ahead of schedule. Right now dealing with a strain and the team can afford to allow some time for him to get over it, unlike reg season where the emphasis is much greater to be ready for game day. He likely was never going to play in the HOF game as many vets tend not to play in HOF or week 1 of pre season. So right now Dak missing a few days of training camp due to soreness is not a big deal. If he was missing time because he had other things to do that would piss me off but he is there and he is working just not throwing until the soreness is gone. Lastly seems to me you are worried about people making excuses for him, who cares all players ultimately will be judged and graded by how they perform. I will also say we know heading into week 1 we will be the underdog, playing Super Bowl champ on their home field is going to be a hard task, I feel Cowboys can win that game but win or lose it is still 1 game with 16 more to go and a lot of work ahead of this team.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I saw a Tweet the other day where he was throwing left-handed and it was a good throw. Could he still play in games like that if his right shoulder problem persists?
I saw that too, lol. At first I was like: "Looks like he's fine."

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seems to me there's been some lying and or misinformation from the getgo.

We went from sore arm to shoulder strain.

But we'll believe what we want and spin to suit no matter what so I guess it doesn't really matter.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Seems to me there's been some lying and or misinformation from the getgo.

We went from sore arm to shoulder strain.

But we'll believe what we want and spin to suit no matter what so I guess it doesn't really matter.
and when Dak is back at practice will people then shut up about it? Normally soreness is due to straining a muscle why else would it be sore?