Dak hasn't delivered. Why pay him another dime?

Forneymike

Reaction score
Dak doesn't deserve to be paid like a marquee player. He has hurt the team when it mattered.
You don't build a team with guys who choke when it's their turn to lead.
And yet you have no idea who to replace him with since it’s so easy

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I would love to be terrible.

This 1 and done stuff has got to go.

Burn the thing down and get some premium draft picks please.

Dak’s just good enough to keep us relevant and I’m sorry but this game is about winning titles not being talked about.
Some give up so easily. You don’t blow up a team with Dak, Parsons, Cee Dee, Ferguson, Martin, T. Smith and a few more. :laugh: Quitters quit. It’s what they do.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Every NFL-level player has got their value. If Dak would play for $5M a year, I bet we could make it to a Super Bowl. People don't like our RBs or our LBs or whatever... know what $50M in free agents could do for us right now?

The real question is if Dak is worth $60M a year, and I don't think he is.

I've said it before in other threads, but I think the QB market is in the same place today where the RB market was 10 years ago. If you at the last several top-dollar contracts given to good but not great QBs, I don't think you will see many teams walking away happy at the end of the contract. The Vikings paying Kirk Cousins got them nowhere, the Cardinals have done nothing with Kyler Murray, LOL at Daniel Jones, look at Ryan Tannehill, etc. It was like back when RBs like Todd Gurley and DeMarco Murray got big deals. Almost every team that signed those guys ended up regretting it 4 years later, and then eventually, the league learned to stop paying them.

I have no doubt that Dak could get $55M to $60M on the open market. Absolutely no question. But will the team that pays him that much walk away happy 4 years later? I doubt they will, so I hope that team isn't us.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Can’t wait until they do sign him. I may bust a gut laughing so hard.

Sandyf

Reaction score
So who you replacing him with? Someone that might get 6 wins a year? So you are going to let him play out his contract and get nothing but a 3rd round comp pick? Glad you don't run a business because that is a God awful business decision.

You don't think he is worth multiple 1st round picks, then you have no clue about football. Doesn't win playoff games, Dan Marino record was 8-10 although he made one Super Bowl and lost, guess under some fans on the site he was a terrible QB and shouldn't be in the HOF.

If Jerry is a smart business man then he will extend Dak and look for a guy to replace him before the next contract. That would be good business.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Every NFL-level player has got their value. If Dak would play for $5M a year, I bet we could make it to a Super Bowl. People don't like our RBs or our LBs or whatever... know what $50M in free agents could do for us right now?

The real question is if Dak is worth $60M a year, and I don't think he is.

I've said it before in other threads, but I think the QB market is in the same place today where the RB market was 10 years ago. If you at the last several top-dollar contracts given to good but not great QBs, I don't think you will see many teams walking away happy at the end of the contract. The Vikings paying Kirk Cousins got them nowhere, the Cardinals have done nothing with Kyler Murray, LOL at Daniel Jones, look at Ryan Tannehill, etc. It was like back when RBs like Todd Gurley and DeMarco Murray got big deals. Almost every team that signed those guys ended up regretting it 4 years later, and then eventually, the league learned to stop paying them.

I have no doubt that Dak could get $55M to $60M on the open market. Absolutely no question. But will the team that pays him that much walk away happy 4 years later? I doubt they will, so I hope that team isn't us.
I don’t even think Mahomes is worth $60M a year.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yeah, he lit it up against Green Bay.
You haters bring up the bad games and never the good games. And you’re incapable of being objective about why the team struggles in the playoffs. It’s not just 1 person. Casual fans like yourself need to understand that.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I'm a Dak fan. But he has shown in 8 years he needs a deep roster to help him win. We can't give him that roster if hes taking a huge chunk of the cap. If he doesn't see the value in being the Cowboys starting QB (look at the cushy jobs Aikman and Romo, our last two franchise QBs have in the booth, let alone all the ads Dak is in, does he think he'd get those if he was the Bucs QB?), then he can go elsewhere and good luck to him. We aren't winning with him anyway, so why keep dragging it for another 5 years where we have to lose player to accommodate his demands.
More importantly he isn't the guy who is going to make do with less. Never has been.