Dak Hater is a hateful Label

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotForLong

Reaction score
As I pointed out, there is another coach who has the most SB and was faced with his #1 QB getting injured he went to a guy was 6th rd pick. Belicheck had an injured Bledsoe and went to 2nd year 6th rd pick Brady. after 10 games they were 5-5 and Bledsoe was ready to come back but Belicheck stayed with Brady. Even when Brady needed to be bailed out vs Pitt in the AFC championship game when Bledsoe came in to the game to help the Pats win, Belicheck went back to Brady in the SB. Lastly it was not as if Brady was ripping the season up that year, Brady had 18 TD and 12 ints. Dak posted a better 1st season.
The one thing you are missing is Dak is no Brady. It' evident as soon as he releases the ball. Did Dak win yes because we were a Super Bowl Contender roster wise

NotForLong

Reaction score
This should have been a Private Message to the poster you quoted. For visual reference, this is like you getting in a shouting match with your significant other in the street. For everyone else reading this, it's a bit awkward to tell you the truth.
Dude to be honest. Your references and anecdotes are lame

Almost as lame as the actor in your Sig

Almost as lame as his mullet

Yet it all fits you to a T

NotForLong

Reaction score
A lot of people just can't handle others with differing opinions. It's a fact that Dak was bad to poor last year, there's just no denying it. You can make all the excuses you want: OL, injuries, Zeke, Dez, etc... But, the great ones take the situation they're given and make the best out of it; Dak just isn't one of those guys... yet...

I'm willing to push the reset button and give the guy a clean slate, it would be ridiculous to have a final judgment on the guy after two years. But that doesn't mean you can't admit that he was bad last year.
This guy understands football

aikemirv

Reaction score
How is his qbr when it counted in week 17 or the playoffs I doubt it's 4th highest. Tony constantly put our team in a bad position with turnovers then pad his stats in garbage time he even said so on air last season talking about ways to "pad" your stats.
Lies,Lies and more Lies!

NotForLong

Reaction score
I personally don't care if I'm called a hater.

I do hate to see the level of discourse constantly reduced to a peeing contest simply because someone disagrees with another's assessment. It reduces the forum to a kindergarten mentality and I guarantee it drives good, knowledgeable posters away.

I've been an avid reader here for 12 or so years and it is as bad as its ever been in my opinion.

If this thread gets anyone to rethink the attitude they bring here then it's a good topic and a good thread.

Thank you theat really was the whole point of the thread. I second your sentiments exactly. I was trying to get people to rethink thier attitudes. Because like you said it'
The worse it has been here in 12 years. And it' tiring

NotForLong

Reaction score
Romo was 19-of-31 for 293 yards with two touchdowns and no interceptions against a very good Lions defense and it was a comeback victory.

Prescott played against a horrific Packers defense which literally had guys off the street in their Secondary due to injuries - how many points did the Falcons put on that same Packers defense the week after?

There is no comparison between the two defenses each QB faced in those games alone.
Wow. I guess Daks 300 yd 3 TD game. Wasn't so special. Damn you just disarmed them

NotForLong

Reaction score
Objectively speaking I watched the playoff game against the Packers when Prescott was under centre. I honestly thought during the game that the only plays Romo would not have been able to do were the 2 point conversion Prescott rushed in and he also made an excellent rush for a first down. Aside from that in my opinion Romo would have made all of the throws Prescott did and some plus crucially in my opinion would have drained the clock on the last drive (assuming it panned out to that point) and either won the game or taken it into overtime as obviously he wouldn't have spiked the ball given his level of experience.

Prescott didn't get going until late in the Second Quarter - would it have taken Romo that long to get going against an awful defense knowing that he was up against a great QB in Rodgers?

Prescott did also throw an interception which was costly as it chewed up the clock at a critical moment during the game. In his last two play off games Romo had 4 TDs with zero interceptions and was 34/50 for 484 yards. On balance, against a terrible Secondary I think Romo would have lit it up and whilst it was only one drive, boy did he look smooth against the Eagles. It would have been a TD on his first throw if Terence Williams wasn't so surprised that someone threw the ball further than 40 yards! haha Cheap but nothing wrong with a harmless crack.

Prescott did have the best offensive line in the league by a country mile in 2016 plus a Top 3 running back in Elliott so he had a lot going for him offensively. I personally never saw Romo have that same quality around him as in my opinion the 2014 Offensive Line was very good but I don't think had the chemistry of 2016.

On the face of it, I thought Prescott had a very good game against the Packers given that he was a rookie, of course he played well. But I think Romo would have been great and effectively won us the game and the way he would have got us going sooner than Prescott did I think would have settled down the defense in the first half rather than it taking them as long as until the Second half before they settled down.

I'm not hating on Prescott, as I said he played well but I don't see why I should be ashamed or embarrassed to state the above which I still strongly believe to this very day.
This guy Knows Football

phildadon86

Reaction score
Untrue. You summed it up wrong. You are unloyal because you threw Romo and Dez under the bus
LOL I have never done either of those things. I think being called a disloyal fan is far worse than being called a dak-hater. Ive supported this team since I was 3 years old. So please stop it. You sound like a petulant child. And above, anyone who agrees with you "knows" football, anyone who doesn't is unloyal? Right, and we have issues.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Well garsh, this is easy, romo busted up AGAIN, laying on the field, fans holding their breath. In came Dak P, and all he does is .....WIN! how stupid would all of it seem had we played Tony, and he wound up crippled or lost out on the season? Come on man, Dak starting was a no brainer. Tony just couldn't take the hits any longer.
Why what were you saving him for? Playoffs? The following year? Never again? What?

NotForLong

Reaction score
And the number is probably closer 75% of SB coaches. Nobody plays Dak.. nobody plays a rookie in the playoffs with a healthy Romo who carried the team for 10 years. We got guilted/talked into it by the NY, Philly, D.C media. What a joke.
This guy Knows Football. Probably closer to 90%

NotForLong

Reaction score
I realize that my explanation is too complicated for you to understand.
No I don' understand how you can say that. My response was how you can say with such certainly Romo would have got hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.