Dak haters face facts and take a beating

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I find it funny we have basically the same WR's as last year but from last season to this season they are suddenly now terrible. Romo put up MVP caliber numbers with them, Dak put up an amazing rookie season with them, and now these seasoned veterans are all garbage? Maybe the regression came from the guy just entering his rookie season. Maybe the coaches were exposed (again). I think once we change the guys calling the games the players will all be fine. Hell, just look at the Rams for proof.

Dez is no where close to what he was with Romo. He actually ran routes, didn't drop easy passes and wasn't as injured. Also Witten was younger. Last 2 years you can tell how much he is falling.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And the thread turns even more idiotic.

I love how some fans can't defend Dak without trying to somehow put down Romo based on their own moronic fantasies.
Yep.

I think it’s fairly obvious we have fans who become too attached to certain players on a team which often attracts and drives their fandom .

And we had Romo homers for years who always had to defend him against critics and all of a sudden a Savior appears but now he’s having some struggles so they find some justice with that. That’s a small percentage of fans though.

I think most are for the sum and simply calling it like they see it. They want Dak to succeed because that translates into the sums success. But at the same token if there’s a lack of success Dak is going to need to bare the criticism. Such is the life of a QB in the NFL.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
And the thread turns even more idiotic.

I love how some fans can't defend Dak without trying to somehow put down Romo based on their own moronic fantasies.
You may not like it, I know I didn’t, but it is common knowledge, that Romo made more than his share of critical mistakes in big games. I think, and hope, for our sake Dak is a better clutch QB than Romo. I do admit though, I never thought we had the pieces around Tony to win a Super Bowl. Especially, with Romo, Jerry was all about putting on a good Offensive Show( after a high scoring loss he admitted it. “We do put on a good show”, we lost the friggin game Jerry) Finally, Garrett is an anchor that is hard to overcome when we play the better teams.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
I pray that Dak bounces back, by I've seen enough to understand what his limitations are. He's never going to be big time qb, but with the proper luck and in the proper team setting, he could so fine. I.e. case keenum or bortles

Gator88

Reaction score
You may not like it, I know I didn’t, but it is common knowledge, that Romo made more than his share of critical mistakes in big games. I think, and hope, for our sake Dak is a better clutch QB than Romo. I do admit though, I never thought we had the pieces around Tony to win a Super Bowl. Especially, with Romo, Jerry was all about putting on a good Offensive Show( after a high scoring loss he admitted it. “We do put on a good show”, we lost the friggin game Jerry) Finally, Garrett is an anchor that is hard to overcome when we play the better teams.
You can claim all you want but the bolded is factually false.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
What a stupid OP. You can't just simply take stats from an incomplete season set and just double them to get the likely output. Too many variables - like weather, opponent, home/away, injuries.

What those numbers tell me is that Dak Prescott can be good when everything is perfect. What we observed when everything wasn't perfect in 2017 should concern everyone with half a brain, something which the OP apparently lacks.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score

https://www.ticketcity.com/news-articles/the-best-4th-quarter-quarterbacks-in-the-nfl.html

Not saying he didn't make some mistakes but you can't be rated this high if thats all you do

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
What a stupid OP. You can't just simply take stats from an incomplete season set and just double them to get the likely output. Too many variables - like weather, opponent, home/away, injuries.

What those numbers tell me is that Dak Prescott can be good when everything is perfect. What we observed when everything wasn't perfect in 2017 should concern everyone with half a brain, something which the OP apparently lacks.

Well then we can put the same label on Zeke too. Last year, when everything wasn't perfect, he averaged 4.1 ypc.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Well then we can put the same label on Zeke too. Last year, when everything wasn't perfect, he averaged 4.1 ypc.

Except 4.1 yards per carry and 983 yards/7 TDs in 10 games played is pretty damn good still. Dak's overall 2017 performance was mediocre.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Except 4.1 yards per carry and 983 yards/7 TDs in 10 games played is pretty damn good still. Dak's overall 2017 performance was mediocre.

The only stat I care about is 4.1 ypc. That is terrible for a guy of his talent, size, speed and strength.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
The only stat I care about is 4.1 ypc. That is terrible for a guy of his talent, size, speed and strength.

Even when opposing teams are loading the box to stop our running game? maybe looking at it from that perspective gives 4.1 yards a different look?

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score

Do we now live in a reality where 4.1 ypc is "terrible"? Jesus Christ.

Do you know who finished BELOW Zeke in YPC this year? Four completely awful worthless running backs named Leveon Bell, Leonard Fournette, Melvin Gordon, and Lesean McCoy

This thread just keeps getting dumber.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Eli had a better season than Dak, without his top 2 receivers and no OL.

On top of that, they are about to select a blue-chip QB in the draft, while we stuck with Dak
What universe you live in when Eli had a better season then Dak this year.

Eli......19-13

Dak.....22-13 and had 6 rushing TDs.

Eli got benched for Geno Smith.

As far as a blue chip QB....... He isn't in the league yet and you have no idea if Giants really draft a QB. That's all speculation and since you want to speculate then I will too. Dak has a MVP season next year.

This is fun, do another one

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Deny it all you want, he was inaccurate those first 8 games too. Dont bother posting his completion percentage. Until he can consistently throw the ball down the field (which he wasnt able to do all 16 games this season), there are going to be valid concerns going forward. I hope he works it out, nobody wants to start over at QB.....even the "Dak Haters"...:rolleyes:
Yea way to make a point......."now you can't post factual stats to prove me wrong". It's easy to win a debate like that

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Yup. Zeke needs to step that game up. Don’t need to 3 1st round draft picks on the line and a #4 overall RB to get 4.1. I was wondering if Randle was filling in. I hope he rebounds from his sophomore slump like Gurley did.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, it was a debacle by Linehan and Garrett. They were exposed big time again this year. A couple of injuries, unlike the good teams( NE, Minnesota, and Ugles), and this Offense falls apart. The same thing happened in 2015. Linehan and Garrett are incapable of consistently game planning situations which put their backup players in position to succeed. Look how they handled our backup O tackles this year. They threw them out their, with no help, like they were a reincarnation of Tyrone Smith. What happened? They consistently got beat like a drum and Linehan and Garrett refused to give them help(chip) consistently. Coaching matters. Dak’s struggles last year were more due to inept coaching than his play. Go back and watch the Atlanta game and tell me if you still think Dak is the problem. Garrett and Linehan are the problem!!

Garrett and Linehan aren't throwing the ball or leading the team on offense. Dak's duty there and after Zeke went out and were sitting at 5-3 and end up without a TD in 15 Q of football and 3 str8 knocked out of the playoff losses to 6-6...sorry bud but Dak is the Leader and QB....and he failed miserably till the end of the season in fact....can he be trained and improve I highly doubt it as I believe Franchise QB are born and not created.....you either got the Arm talent or you don't....shame is were going to waste next season also waiting on Dak to become Franchise and in the end he will be sitting on the bench and we will be non-playoff bound again.....

Last edited: