Adult Language Dak: He's Lying About the money, right? Fish Live

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Romo‘s playoff record wasn’t any better. Go look at our playoff record the past 29 years. Funny how many of you keep pinning it all on the QB.
This does not come from us. We just use the common view when talking about QBs.
But of course its a funny thing. Because everybody knows its way to simple.

Its a common approach since football was founded: When you talk about QBs, its always also about their wins/losses record.
Its just stupid to not accept that. But its also stupid to think this is a good way to judge QBs.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
What is Romo making a comeback, too funny, last I checked it’s 8 years since he played and you know he should have never received the last extension.
The same problems we saw under Romo we continue to see under Dak. If it was up to this fan base no QB would ever receive an extension.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Do you even listen to Fisher? He’s normally pro Dak and most things Cowboys. He has a very long relationship with Jerry and Dallas. But this time he spoke the truth, and lit Dak up.
Why do you have a problem with balanced people . I mean I know why, but why do you think you do?
Fish is a mediot. He talks what brings him clicks. Just because he is "normally" pro dak doesnt mean anything.
Those guys have no character, all they want to do is make money.

coult44

Reaction score
The guy stil does not top my list of cancers on this team.

1. DFlaw and it aint no competition
2. Dak
3. Parsons

But he is making up ground.

First he sold the story of his mothers death to the media. Without the blink of an eye.
Then he sold the death of his brother
Then he used his what he said "depression" as a new story he could sell.

But i can tell. If the guy really believes he was suffering from depression then i can understand that he thinks he is a talented NFL player.

The guy is pure fake. It’s a slap in the face for all of us fans to have such a characterless person as the figurehead of our franchise.
Miserable much?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This does not come from us. We just use the common view when talking about QBs.
But of course its a funny thing. Because everybody knows its way to simple.

Its a common approach since football was founded: When you talk about QBs, its always also about their wins/losses record.
It’s just stupid to not accept that. But it’s also stupid to think this is a good way to judge QBs.
All QBs are judged by their W/L record but even some Hall of Fame QBs had their struggles in the playoffs. Dan Marino was 8-10 in the playoffs. Dan Fouts was 3-4 and Warren Moon was 3-7. It’s just stupid to think it’s entirely the QB‘s fault. Matthew Stafford still has a losing QB record. He was 0-3 in the playoffs with Detroit and many blamed him for it. He goes to a complete team and immediately wins a Super Bowl despite leading the league in INT’s and throwing 2 INT’s in the Super Bowl.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Romo was a phony too. And no, I don't put that all on the QB. However, Dak has been a 13-3 one seed and a 12-5 two seed, and failed to lead the team beyond one and done.
This fanbase wouldn’t be happy with any QB. We scored 30 points on the Packers in the playoffs during that 13-3 season but our defense choked in the closing seconds. Go blame that on the QB.

Chasing6

Reaction score
France works for Dak, not the other way around. You don't hire an agent like Todd France unless you want to be at the top of the market pay scale wise. It's like a player who hires Scott Boras in baseball - you know what you are signing up for when you hire him.

Look, Prescott has the right to ask for whatever he wants. Football players have a relatively short shelf life to maximize their earnings, and they should be able to earn whatever they can get someone to pay them, no matter how high that dollar amount is. You can't blame the player for that, or for earning that much if an owner is willing to pay it out.

That being said, an owner also has the right to say no to a request. The Cowboys are not obligated to pay Prescott a market setting contract. They can hold the line and let him leave if they choose. This is how the game works. I think that the concept of the next guy in line becoming the new leader in the clubhouse for QB salaries is a ridiculous method of determining value, but the owners have no one to blame but themselves for this.

Were it my team and my money, I wouldn't pay Prescott that kind of coin. I would be comfortable with letting him leave, but that's me. He's a good football player, but not a market setting type of player.
Sounds like everyone is in agreement that Dak is in control. Even GM Jethro said the ball is in his court.

Brax

Reaction score
The same problems we saw under Romo we continue to see under Dak. If it was up to this fan base no QB would ever receive an extension.
Not if he hasn’t won anything major,I fully understand the first extension for both but 8 - 9 seasons is enough to show if a QB has it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Romo was a phony too.
Some of you think every QB we’ve had that got paid is a phony because of their playoff record. We’ll see how tickled pink this fan base is if Dak walks after this season and we’re stuck with Taylor Heinicke, Bailey Zappe or Tyler Huntley as our QB in 2025. Some fans will be happy with any QB making under $30 million per season regardless if they suck.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The guaranteed part is interesting to me. For most contracts its the most important piece, but I do wonder if its as important for QB contracts since they almost always make it to the end of their deals and get extensions anyways? I havent looked up any actual data on that so I could be wrong, but has a QB at Daks caliber ever been cut and not received their full amount? I would think that what he would be trying to protect against is injury, but most players are already getting injury related insurance policies with these massive deals. Not saying you're wrong, I'm just thinking out loud on the subject.
Wilson in Denver eating 85 mIl dead cap..ouch..that just one not sure of others. But that's the thing with the guaranteed money it needs to be on a short contract so you know that he can play out his contract after that for sure there's no way I'm keeping him and where we don't know where his mind's gonna be but it'll be time to part ways but yeah just guarantee his money would make it a new market because I don't think anybody's got that much since Watson and Watson should have never got that no one has since that's why I'm saying you give Prescott the ego boost he needs by just making it all guaranteed I I don't get it give him everything he wants 4 years short all guaranteed but only give him like 55 it would still make him the new market guy because it's all guaranteed..ie 220mil

blueblood70

Reaction score
This fanbase wouldn’t be happy with any QB. We scored 30 points on the Packers in the playoffs during that 13-3 season but our defense choked in the closing seconds. Go blame that on the QB.
:hammer:

shabazz

Reaction score
Why should Dak take a sweetheart deal here? So Jerry and the boys can pocket more money? They literally made no real moves to better the team, so to take 'less' would be idiotic. You only take less on teams that are actually trying to win.
I am a confirmed Rayne critic but this makes a bit of sense.

The dream of every competent regular season player is to make it to unrestricted free agency.......the days of quarterbacks getting paid on playoff success is over

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Not if he hasn’t won anything major,I fully understand the first extension for both but 8 - 9 seasons is enough to show if a QB has it.
The problem that some of you don’t understand is the Cowboys don’t have it. They haven’t had it in 29 years. Aikman was 0-2 in the playoffs his last few seasons. We’ve had a team problem, not a QB problem. If you’re going 12-5 three straight seasons with two division titles, you don’t have a QB problem.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Until then how about not lying about it? Make sense? Still waiting for his quote.
Dak flat out said he feels he has a responsibility to set the stage for the next guy. You can interpret that any way you like but any objective observer has no trouble reading between the lines on that.

There isn't a chance in hell he accepts anything less than a bit more than the current highest.

You're lying to yourself bro.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
C'mon man do you really take player quotes that literal? At some point you have to read through the BS on both sides.

Clearly the Cowboys have made an offer, and its been leaked that it is around $55M. It has to be either Dak wants to reset the market, he wants a shorter deal than they are offering, wants a higher guaranteed portion, or has simply already decided that he wants to move on. We can only guess the true holdup here, but his fraternity quote does make it seem like it's the AAV that is the issue.
You guys have no idea what offers have been made and what the hold up is. Because you hate Dak so much, you just “naturally” assume the worse. Sad.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Do you even listen to Fisher? He’s normally pro Dak and most things Cowboys. He has a very long relationship with Jerry and Dallas. But this time he spoke the truth, and lit Dak up.
Why do you have a problem with balanced people . I mean I know why, but why do you think you do?
Hell no I don’t listen to those hacks are you kidding me? All they want is clicks and they’ll say anything to get them and about the Cowboys they’re usually negative.