Twitter: Dak: I believe in my arm

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Brady won 7 super bowls inching his way down the field. It is the most successful strategy in the NFL.

Yes, they do try to go slow. That's what TENN's game is built on.

We can do it all, but we oddly quit doing it all in the 4th qtr.

No, they just have Henry and that is their strength. Its how they have to play. They cant score quickly. You think they love inching it down the field slowly? Not a chance. IM sure they would rather score quickly and get a nice lead then pound it out.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
3rd and 4th down in overtime. Clearly you weren’t making attention.

Clearly you werent. The Cowboys ran the ball successfully and some got called back by penalty. They ran the ball and ran it well. Penalties put them in passing situations.

Here is what actually happened. They ran the ball 3 of the first 4 plays and ran it well. Then the penalties start. Still they managed to pick up a first down and ran AGAIN on 2nd down with Davis picking up 16 yards and another first down. THEN ANOTHER penalty wiped it out. Now its 2nd and 19. Do you really expect them to start running again on 2nd and 19? I dont think so.

The truth is the Cowboys did the exact opposite of get pass happy.

• DOWNS9 PLAYS, 40 YARDS, 3:45
    DAL28GB28
    • (10:00 - OT) R.Ahmed kicks 65 yards from GB 35 to end zone, Touchback. Penalty on DAL-C.Goodwin, Unsportsmanlike Conduct, offsetting. Penalty on GB-J.Abram, Unsportsmanlike Conduct, offsetting.
    • 1st & 10 at DAL 25
      (9:59 - OT) T.Pollard right end to DAL 32 for 7 yards (A.Amos; Q.Walker).
    • 2nd & 3 at DAL 32
      (9:23 - OT) D.Prescott pass short middle to C.Lamb to DAL 47 for 15 yards (A.Amos).

• 1st & 10 at DAL 47
      (8:46 - OT) T.Pollard left guard to GB 46 for 7 yards (D.Savage).

• 2nd & 3 at GB 46
      (8:09 - OT) T.Pollard up the middle to GB 37 for 9 yards (I.McDuffie). PENALTY on DAL-J.Tolbert, Offensive Offside, 5 yards, enforced at GB 46 - No Play.

• 2nd & 8 at DAL 49
      (8:04 - OT) (Shotgun) D.Prescott pass short left to T.Pollard pushed ob at GB 42 for 9 yards (R.Ford).

• 1st & 10 at GB 42
      (7:32 - OT) D.Prescott pass incomplete short right to S.McKeon (J.Garvin).

• 2nd & 10 at GB 42
      (7:29 - OT) (Shotgun) M.Davis up the middle to GB 26 for 16 yards (Q.Walker). PENALTY on DAL-C.McGovern, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at GB 41.

• 2nd & 19 at DAL 49
      (7:04 - OT) (Shotgun) D.Prescott pass short left to D.Schultz to GB 35 for 16 yards (J.Alexander).

• (6:25 - OT) Timeout #1 by GB at 06:25.
    • 3rd & 3 at GB 35
      (6:24 - OT) (Shotgun) D.Prescott pass incomplete short middle to C.Lamb (J.Alexander).
    • 4th & 3 at GB 35
      (6:21 - OT) (Shotgun) D.Prescott pass incomplete short left to T.Pollard [J.Reed].

Now if your talking only about the last two plays where its 3rd and 3? Should have just run the ball two times knowing they were going for it on 4th? I can possibly agree with you there. But the last two plays done make them pass happy. Typically on 3rd and 3 teams are going to throw the football.

Last edited:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, they just have Henry and that is their strength. Its how they have to play. They cant score quickly. You think they love inching it down the field slowly? Not a chance. IM sure they would rather score quickly and get a nice lead then pound it out.
Just watched him last week....filled with henrys 3-4 yard carries. Right into the endzone.

Like zeke does.:D

mahoneybill

Reaction score

Its not about the arm, its about the brain, and seeing where to deliver the ball and having guys you know will be there.

Aikman cited a story about a game where Novacek asked him, why did you throw the ball to me that early. Aikman. I knew you would be at that spot.

Timing throws seem to present Dak the most problem.

When I saw Aikman throw I thought completion, as he and receivers were on the same page all the time....

mattjames2010

Reaction score

Henry is great, but he's an RB and they simply don't carry teams anymore. Titans, while they missed Henry last season, still won games without him. They didn't look too hot with him returning for the playoffs.

Shane612

Reaction score
Marcus Spears, Stephan A Smith and Ryan Clark on Dak Prescott:
Basically, put-up or shut-up.
No excuses.
After seven years, you can't blame the defense or your teammates anymore.
Dallas fans aren't doing Prescott any favors by making excuses for him.
Kirk Cousins is better than Dak Prescott.
Dak is where Cousins was few years ago.
Cousins is now in MVP conversation. Dak Prescott is not.. ....OUCH!

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Make some good throws in January/February and then we'll talk.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
Where is he now? I don't know, the polls from NFL personnel are done ANNUALLY. You'll just have to wait until the offseason.

I love that I referred to annual polls from current NFL players, coaches, scouts and execs....

And you counter with TV networks/websites and NFL.com staff writers, who change their rankings weekly?

LOLLLLLLLL

And is #10 or #11 supposed to be bad? Out of 32 starting QBs?
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Maybe the 2023 offseason polls where they ask
actual NFL personnel will fit your agenda better.

Probably not though. Dak's regularly ranked in the top 10 by those who actually are paid by NFL teams to understand the sport.

COPE.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Love how these Clowns tout DAKOTA when hes 9th, 10th , 11th etc . That's middle of the PACK loser !! ELITE = Top 5 . Dak can't even carry Rush's water bottle

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Henry is great, but he's an RB and they simply don't carry teams anymore. Titans, while they missed Henry last season, still won games without him. They didn't look too hot with him returning for the playoffs.

Whats your point?

What does last year have to do with Sunday?