Dak: I give myself a "C"

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Please name a team that is paying a QB 20 million plus a year and still has enough money left over to pay an All Pro supporting cast...

"Franchise QBs" get paid top dollar because they are expected to keep an average team competitive..

Stop living in fantasy land. If Prescott needs others to carry him , he isn't worth 20 million a year..

In other words , no QB has ever won a super bowl on his own , but franchise QBs make average players look good just as an All Pro supporting cast will make an average QB look good , but you can't have both in today's NFL..

It would be stupid to build around Prescott (pay him top dollar on a long term deal) and lose other players in the process because as you said , he NEEDS others to carry him..

We're better off handing the reigns off to White or Rush after next year because they are cheap and we won't need them to carry the team anyways..
Romo got paid 20 million plus per year during his 10 years as a starter. Only 2 playoff wins resulted from that. I never heard you complain about his salary or only 2 playoff wins end result.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Come on!!

Prescott set franchise records for worse QB play in team history and we've had guys like Weeden , Leaf , Cassels , And Carter suit up for us!!

What would a bad season look like to you?
Carter? Carter led the talent-limited Cowboys to the playoffs. Carter doesn't belong in the same sentence with Weeden, Leaf and Cassels.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
An F last season, isn't that a bit harsh? I know he struggled the last half but the whole team was a mess. I am not a Dak homer by any means but he weathered the storm last season while not looking abysmal.

This upcoming season should tell us a lot........

He was strong in the first half, and regressed in the second, along with most of the offense.

Would have the starting QBs in the league have done better? I doubt it.

Run through the QB stats. Dak only breaks out of the top 10 once, and that's at 11. But that was passing.
Top 5 in most other stats here.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr/_/sort/qbpaa

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
if you can take the fear out of him when he get's pressured, he could be a decent average QB. The "glitch" can't be cured according to the expert.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dak is above average. How many rookies can come in to an NFL team and start day 1 at QB? Not just that he took us deep into the playoffs,and if not for a blown coverage by number 31 against GB...we likely go on to win that game and then play in the championship game...WITH A ROOKIE QB.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
When asked by Skip, what letter grade he would rate himself. Dak said, "I give myself a "C" It was average as can be." It has to be better then that. (Me too) Somebody has to let him know he was a MVP for 8 games.

When asked by Shannon, What does a Dak friendly offense mean to you? Dak said, "I am not sure what that means" (Me too) That BS term has no substance

Well there you have it. The fan base is delusional yet Dak is grounded in reality. The Dak lovers hang their hats on "Dak Friendly" and Dak doesn't even know what that means.

I'll tell you right now I wholeheartedly agree with him. Thank goodness he is grounded. There's still hope for him to improve since he recognizes the truth.

I agree the offense is not Dak friendly, it does however need to be QB friendly as in protection and WR getting open. With a strong running game the WR should be able to get open and Dak must deliver the ball on time. Last season things did not go great but there is no reason Dak can't learn from it and improve on it.

mcmvp

Reaction score
Dak is above average. How many rookies can come in to an NFL team and start day 1 at QB?

It's really not all that uncommon. History tell us not to get too carried away impressive rookie seasons. Defensive Coordinators will learn how to attack against different QBs....and it's up to the QB to continue to develop his game to stay a step ahead.

Rayman70

Reaction score
for those peddling the implied Dak negativity on here....Have you forgotten that with EVERYTHING he went through last year...ALL the Zeke junk...and the left side of the oline in shambles...a crap wr corp...that DAK still drove the bus and got us 9 freaking wins?!!! sometimes I think we get spoiled. We been blessed at QB for the most part. If we can ever put it all together on defense and special teams...YES I said special teams..lol, we can go far.Think about it though, we came within 1 victory of a wildcard berth last year. If that would have happened,and lets say we win that Seattle game in the regular season(very winnable), we become the most dangerous team in the playoffs other than Jacksonville. That's a fact. So I think many on here need to back down from the ledge and take a deep breath. We are just fine guys. The sky is the limit.

Rayman70

Reaction score
It's really not all that uncommon. History tell us not to get too carried away impressive rookie seasons. Defensive Coordinators will learn how to attack against different QBs....and it's up to the QB to continue to develop his game to stay a step ahead.
yes and no. Could you develop whilst on your back? lol What about with missing key components of your team? A crappy left guard, Left tackle that was playing hurt and was out for a while...and yes..CHAZ GREEN. I'm just saying...give it a chance. The guy deserves a mulligan for the 2017 season. He's earned that. He didn't suddenly lose his mojo.

Rayman70

Reaction score
When Dak lights it up this year with that chip on his shoulder, do you all promise to come back on here and do some mia copa's?

Rayman70

Reaction score
The old saying of "Throwing the baby out with the bath water" pertaining to Dak Prescotts year in 2017 applies on this forum. Some of your are being way too reactionary...overreacting. Dak will be just fine. He will never be Aaron Rodgers..but he don't need to be. He DOES need a solid supporting cast around him. Last year,he didn't. The solace we can take from last year however is that the young man darn near got this team into the playoffs.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is above average. How many rookies can come in to an NFL team and start day 1 at QB? Not just that he took us deep into the playoffs,and if not for a blown coverage by number 31 against GB...we likely go on to win that game and then play in the championship game...WITH A ROOKIE QB.
I have always been curious what some fans' expectations would have been if the team had reached the NFC Championship game in light of NFL history--pre and post Super Bowl era.

InTheZone

Reaction score
When asked by Skip, what letter grade he would rate himself. Dak said, "I give myself a "C" It was average as can be." It has to be better then that. (Me too) Somebody has to let him know he was a MVP for 8 games.

When asked by Shannon, What does a Dak friendly offense mean to you? Dak said, "I am not sure what that means" (Me too) That BS term has no substance

Well there you have it. The fan base is delusional yet Dak is grounded in reality. The Dak lovers hang their hats on "Dak Friendly" and Dak doesn't even know what that means.

I'll tell you right now I wholeheartedly agree with him. Thank goodness he is grounded. There's still hope for him to improve since he recognizes the truth.
Guarantee if anyone here said Daks performance was a C there's be every excuse thrown at us completely dismissing any negative performance.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Carter? Carter led the talent-limited Cowboys to the playoffs. Carter doesn't belong in the same sentence with Weeden, Leaf and Cassels.

To be honest I held my breath as a kid whenever I saw Quincy throw to a spot off camera worried it was going to be a pick. We we're lucky enough to play in an average division with a solid, not great, defense.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Guarantee if anyone here said Daks performance was a C there's be every excuse thrown at us completely dismissing any negative performance.

I support Dak but he had some bad outings plain and simple. He knows he must improve and has been working to correct problems. I do get a bit confused of why so many are against him?