Dak: I want to be here (but) all the other great quarterbacks played for other teams

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And what is scary is Stephen will extend Dak, but not for the price his greedy hand wants.

If Dak would come back down to Earth and realize he is really not all that, maybe yeah, keep the team the same for a year or two more. But, I hope Stephen is as stingy with the salary cap this time.
The image of you hater have of Dak is hilarious! Keep the posts coming! Gold!

GINeric

Reaction score
Lets see: Elway stayed Broncos
Staubach stayed Cowboys
Aikman stayed Cowboys

I imagine there are some others so he really needs to think a little

What about Peyton Manning, Joe Montana, Steve McNair, Steve Young, Tom Brady, Kurt Warner, etc? Trust me, there's more..... so he did think a little, and he was right.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak, all the crappy ones like you did too…

Not a single one of the greats that were in their prime were left to go somewhere else…. You ain’t them buddy, by a long shot…

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
9832_81be.gif

GINeric

Reaction score

Not a single one of the greats that were in their prime and teams believed they were actually franchise QBs were left to go somewhere else…

Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and a few others disagree with you....

CWR

Reaction score
Dak wants out from the Circus Tent in JerryWorld.

Question becomes do you sign CD to big money with no legit QB on your roster for next year?
Yes. You have to keep your young talent and hope you can find a suitable replacement at qb. We have too many really good young players to throw in the towel. Only way I part with a CD or Parsons is for a massive haul.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score

Not a single one of the greats that were in their prime were left to go somewhere else…. You ain’t them buddy, by a long shot…
Take a wild guess at how old 4th round pick Kirk Cousins was when he went to the Vikings. Starting to get eerie

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yes. You have to keep your young talent and hope you can find a suitable replacement at qb. We have too many really good young players to throw in the towel. Only way I part with a CD or Parsons is for a massive haul.
That is the problem. Hope is not a strategy.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and a few others disagree with you....
Tom and Peyton both won super bowls with their first teams before moving on, and both of them won again. Dak only has 2 playoff wins on his resume, so what exactly does he plan to take to his new team to show off how great he is?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Dak is going for the biggest contract in NFL history. As much as I would like him to take a team friendly deal, I realize the NFL is a business. The Joneses are a not taking any team friendly deals from us fans and advertisers. We fans have to realize it’s all about business from the owner and the player. I have decided against getting the NFL ticket and will only watch network games.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Tom and Peyton both won super bowls with their first teams before moving on, and both of them won again. Dak only has 2 playoff wins on his resume, so what exactly does he plan to take to his new team to show off how great he is?
You will have to wait and find out.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
You better hope Dak seriously is considering a new team.

Because if they're in negotiation hell like I suspect, it's bad news for you. That just means Dak is inevitably getting signed. One of these days.

Stephen still wants him to stay. Jerry wants him to stay, but is more thinking of the financial reality. Simple as that.

option 3 and the Most Obvious :

Chokota wants to go . Oh the poor Davidians broken hearts !

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak is going for the biggest contract in NFL history. As much as I would like him to take a team friendly deal, I realize the NFL is a business. The Joneses are a not taking any team friendly deals from us fans and advertisers. We fans have to realize it’s all about business from the owner and the player. I have decided against getting the NFL ticket and will only watch network games.
Yeah, the price for NFL Ticket is ridiculous. What I do is subscribe to NFL+. Any games not shown locally, I live in Hawaii, I can watch immediately after the game. That only happens once or maybe twice a year. It also allows you to watch the condensed version which cuts out all the commercials and just shows the plays. You get all the preseason games live and the All-22 coaches film. It’s about $100 a year.

CWR

Reaction score
That is the problem. Hope is not a strategy.
I get it, but a lot of what makes a young qb good is surrounding him with talent and scheme. I think you have to prepare for success.

I only say that because we have a lot of young talent that will be wasted otherwise. We've got 2 or 3 on the oline, we've got a TE, 2 CBS, good safeties and probably a couple good LBs and DEs. Unless you can move these guys for value to use in the future why waste them?

We are soft at DT and RB and that's what will hurt this team the most, with or without Dak.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I get it, but a lot of what makes a young qb good is surrounding him with talent and scheme. I think you have to prepare for success.

I only say that because we have a lot of young talent that will be wasted otherwise. We've got 2 or 3 on the oline, we've got a TE, 2 CBS, good safeties and probably a couple good LBs and DEs. Unless you can move these guys for value to use in the future why waste them?

We are soft at DT and RB and that's what will hurt this team the most, with or without Dak.
That helps every QB, not just young QB's.

Chasing6

Reaction score
That is your assumption. People will be surprised when he signs for a contender for less.