Video: Dak in his own words on Dez

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yea, I think you are right.

There is more to this story than meets the eye. Something happened, I don't know what, but something happened that facilitated this move. If it was just a pure cap casualty release, they would have done it back when the new league year started and it would not have been a big story at all. Think of Suh, he was released for cap reasons and it was a nothing burger in the media, that is usually how these things happen. And for the QB to not even be asked or made aware of the decision is even more bizarre.

It would be like the Falcons releasing Julio Jones or the Steelers releasing Antonio Bryant and neither Matt Ryan or Big Ben was even asked about it. That is crazy.............something happened that is not being reported.

Not just with Dez, too. Dooley and Pollack were probably involved somehow. Since Linehan apparently won, I’d assume Dak was involved since Dak’s his boy, but Dak sure seemed pro-Dez to me, including in this week’s interview.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Go find another team and "f off"....yeah they don't really say the same thing.

You told another poster to leave for not supporting a move the organization made.

Call it whatever you dam want, it all means the exact same thing and that is what you did. I see that you are not even trying to deny it.

Isn't that a violation of board rules now according to Reality's sticky?

Proof

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't get that at all. To me he was saying that he needs to focus on his own job and let the coaches and FO do what they are paid to do.

Oh yeah, definitely. But with my own reasoning sprinkled on top lol.

kento40

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't get that at all. To me he was saying that he needs to focus on his own job and let the coaches and FO do what they are paid to do.
Well I feel sorry for him then. Little does he know, he's going to have to be the Coach, OC and QB coach in order for this team to have any chance at success. He only has to look to his predecessor.

Bluestang

Reaction score
You all just watched your franchise quarterback lie to your face. Absolutely Dak had some say in Bryant’s departure...you don’t just get rid of a player like him without talking to Dak. Was it only Dak’s decision? Hell no, but if Dak isn’t going to throw the ball to Bryant the way Romo did than he’s not worth the money he was getting to be here.

This season is going to be interesting with the offense tailored to Dak. Ultimately we are going to see if Dak is a franchise quarterback or not.

zack

Reaction score
Good corporate soldiers usually win out against the wild talents.
Wild talent can only be tolerated for so long...

In other areas: wild talent ages better and becomes more appreciated.
In the arena of sports: wild talent is usually a comet, destined for flameout.

For some of you: this should instill fear.
For the same: you'll never recognize this until it's too late.

That’s great perspective...

zack

Reaction score
You all just watched your franchise quarterback lie to your face. Absolutely Dak had some say in Bryant’s departure...you don’t just get rid of a player like him without talking to Dak. Was it only Dak’s decision? Hell no, but if Dak isn’t going to throw the ball to Bryant the way Romo did than he’s not worth the money he was getting to be here.

This season is going to be interesting with the offense tailored to Dak. Ultimately we are going to see if Dak is a franchise quarterback or not.

To me he looked extemely uncomfortable in that interview. To me it looked like he couldn’t wait until it was over. I don’t recall him looking this way with the Romo questions, maybe I’m wrong?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

Yea I don't believe him at all. He had to have some input. If he didn't then the FO is even more screwed up than I thought.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Daks a class act. Sounds, incredibly, like he didn’t give his input here. Also sounds like he’s not entirely thrilled to be without a go-to guy in man for the near term. And that he expects us to draft a WR relatively early.
I am with you on Dak being a class act and on your later post suggesting there is much more to this story.

The sad thing is, much like Zeke last year, I foresee the dialogue surrounding Dez following the Cowboys well into the coming season. It will inevitably be an on-gong distraction.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Weird answer there. I'd have gone with something like, "Dez is a great player and I'll miss him, but I'm a player. I don't cut other players -- that isn't my job. My job is to play QB to the best of my ability for this team. Other people in this organization make those decisions."

This almost makes me think he was lobbying against Dez. Which I would understand. But I don't think he gave a very good answer here.
:huh: It's like you weren't listening. He said all that.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You told another poster to leave for not supporting a move the organization made.

Call it whatever you dam want, it all means the exact same thing and that is what you did. I see that you are not even trying to deny it.

Isn't that a violation of board rules now according to Reality's sticky?

Except I'm not the one who told you to "f off". You are so upset that you haven't even realized that yet. I could care less if you are still a fan of this team. Continue to be miserable for all I care.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Doesn't matter if he lied or not. Dak doesn't sign Dez's checks and he surely doesn't cut anyone.