Dak is 22nd in QBR

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Not even sure I read that. Many are saying that it was a failure all the way around especially on the D side of the ball. It was just a bad team effort all the way around. No one person can be blamed for team falling short except maybe the coaching staff. Got to be prepared in the nfl.
You may not be saying this but there are plenty who are.

That's the point of many front page threads is to make it look like Dak is actually doing fantastic and is just being held back by the scrubs he's surrounded with

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just as amazing as all the Dak Bots boasting about finishing second in the MVP
means about as much
Though I really have never thought QBR was all that great a way to rate a QB
It meant nothing last year, and has no bearing on this year.
I have not been impressed in the 1st 2 games. Not horrible, but not impressive either. I will give a few more games, for the entire team.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Just as amazing as all the Dak Bots boasting about finishing second in the MVP
means about as much
Though I really have never thought QBR was all that great a way to rate a QB
Agreed QBR seems like it was created for the fantasy football crowd. Who gives a crap.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not even sure I read that. Many are saying that it was a failure all the way around especially on the D side of the ball. It was just a bad team effort all the way around. No one person can be blamed for team falling short except maybe the coaching staff. Got to be prepared in the nfl.
You are right. Dak Cult making up fake news. Nobody is blaming just dak. Only that he shouldn't be contributing so much to these kinds of losses. Or ...do more to help keep them from happening.

Not win or lose all by himself.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dont worry. We play the Giants twice, Commies twice, the Panthers, and the Eagles terrible pass D twice

He will stat pad in no time
With an inconsistent running game and a Jekyll and Hyde defense we’ll struggle in some of those games. Philly will run the ball down our throat with Barkley if he’s still healthy. If we don’t find a running game and improve our run defense, it’s going to be a long season.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
If you remove the two picks after garbage time against the Saints, Dak is actually 10th in Pro Football Focus rankings.

All these advanced metrics don't mean much anyway. I mean if Dak ranked first in QBR there would be 50 pages here talking about how Dallas still lost to the Saints. And haters can break out their old "Stats Prescott" act again.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
If you remove the two picks after garbage time against the Saints, Dak is actually 10th in Pro Football Focus rankings.

All these advanced metrics don't mean much anyway. I mean if Dak ranked first in QBR there would be 50 pages here talking about how Dallas still lost to the Saints. And haters can break out their old "Stats Prescott" act again.
If you remove all the suck then Dak’s pretty good!

Why are Dak fans so embarrassingly sensitive about him?

blueblood70

Reaction score

:hammer:yup. First pick was all brook's slipping 2nd was forcing trying to make something happen where there was none. **** happens move on, its the 2nd week.. no reason to start using analytics to support slanderous narrative, we get it you hate Dak!!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
just out of curiosity why is this a rule?
Good question. There are several reasons.

The Fan Zone is the most active forum as far as created threads. The number of new threads can reach into the dozens each day.

Each forum's front page contains a finite number of threads. Keeping old threads off the front page allows the membership immediate access to newer, fresher threads.

Another reason is preventing previously divisive threads from resurrecting old member grievances. Newer threads accomplish that feat all the time, lol.

Some old threads are no longer relevant. Technically, any old thread can be bump. So bumping Fan Zone threads from a month, year, five years, blah blah blah ago is strictly prohibited.

There are more reasons but those are the top ones I can think of right now.

Proof

Reaction score
Good question. There are several reasons.

The Fan Zone is the most active forum as far as created threads. The number of new threads can reach into the dozens each day.

Each forum's front page contains a finite number of threads. Keeping old threads off the front page allows the membership immediate access to newer, fresher threads.

Another reason is preventing previously divisive threads from resurrecting old member grievances. Newer threads accomplish that feat all the time, lol.

Some old threads are no longer relevant. Technically, any old thread can be bump. So bumping Fan Zone threads from a month, year, five years, blah blah blah ago is strictly prohibited.

There are more reasons but those are the top ones I can think of right now.
gotcha. appreciate the response and explanation. i know occasionally i come back to work after the weekend and pick up where i left off not realizing it's technically "bumping"

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anyone know the easiest way to get a thread locked?

#1 - You will not publicly question the actions of the staff or how this site is managed.

^ That's how.

If you have questions about moderating, sent it by private message to the staff. Do not question moderation on the open forum.

Do not spam this privilege.

Important: If you currently do not private messaging privileges, you cannot send the staff private messages. Your inability to send private messages to the staff does not exempt you from site rule #1.

Will check back later. Before anyone asks:

• No, I will not be engaging in any discussion concerning any of the above on the open forum.
  • Yes, current and future posts in this thread may be moderated later by myself or other staff members.
  • There are 31 site rules.
  • Only six rules, #11 #12 #14 #25 #26 #27, are relatively *safe* enough to discuss on the open forum--simply because any comments related to them must be twisted in pretzels before breaching site rule #1.
Back to real world work.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
gotcha. appreciate the response and explanation. i know occasionally i come back to work after the weekend and pick up where i left off not realizing it's technically "bumping"
Understood. Bumping does not happen often but it still sometimes surprises me what gets bumped. Think I saw something recently bumped from 2009. Wild. :laugh:

Proof

Reaction score
Anyone know the easiest way to get a thread locked?

#1 - You will not publicly question the actions of the staff or how this site is managed.

^ That's how.

If you have questions about moderating, sent it by private message to the staff. Do not question moderation on the open forum.

Do not spam this privilege.

Important: If you currently do not private messaging privileges, you cannot send the staff private messages. Your inability to send private messages to the staff does not exempt you from site rule #1.

Will check back later. Before anyone asks:

• No, I will not be engaging in any discussion concerning any of the above on the open forum.
  • Yes, current and future posts in this thread may be moderated later by myself or other staff members.
  • There are 31 site rules.
  • Only six rules, #11 #12 #14 #25 #26 #27, are relatively *safe* enough to discuss on the open forum--simply because any comments related to them must be twisted in pretzels before breaching site rule #1.
Back to real world work.
sorry!

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
It's just dead money from Dak's 2nd contract.

$40M 2025
$12M 2026

Its a good deal for Dallas. They were going to pay for Dak any way. Might as well pay him for 2024-25.

But 26-28 are options years. They can bail. Post June 1. Most of these big contracts are never completed.

Especially since they have the kid taking snaps in OTAs now.
You really think they wont restructure that deal this coming offseason though? Part of me would love for them to not do that so they have some cap flex after 2025, but that would have to be the largest cap hit in NFL history if they dont.