Dak is a good Bus Driver but Needs a Good Supporting Cast

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
This same board said the same about Russell Wilson and now they backtracked. Shut the hell up

shabazz

Reaction score
Dak was saddled by coaching today. Pass happy without their LT, abandoned the run with no adjustments from the offensive geniuses.

Sure, he made some bad throws and decisions but he isn’t even remotely part of the overall problem. He is no Brady or Rodgers, so what? He is plenty enough to win with.

Coaching, coaching and more coaching is the main issue :(

Wasn’t enough to win several times this year. We must find a real franchise Qb. Just mediocre ain’t cutting it

WhizKid

Reaction score
All this sounds so familiar! Dak got a taste of what the majority of Romo's career situation in Dallas was (outside of a few years, so please spare me). No pass protection, no run game, and piss poor defense, all held together with crappy coaching. He's a smart guy, hopefully he makes adjustments in his game, because the coach is not gonna do it.

kevm3

Reaction score
i haven't had a single person show me games where a qb who gets sacked 8 times in a single game lit that game up. This is football 101. I'm not sure why this is so hard to understand.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
How many QB's do you know that can get constantly pressured/sacked and put up a great game. Not even Brady who got beat in the Superbowl twice because of how great the Giants D played in those games.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Wasn’t enough to win several times this year. We must find a real franchise Qb. Just mediocre ain’t cutting it

How does a team immediately go get a franchise qb? Which tree can the cowboys go pick one from that will produce immediate results?

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Why not put a TE over there and help?

Coaching staff, at least in the 1st half, seemed to give that little consideration.

Isn't that what you are supposed to do when you have a DE/OLB eating you alive?
Yeah that's definitely what the coaches should have done. I think Dak's hands are tied when it comes to that stuff at the line of scrimmage because it has to come from Linehan/Garrett at that point. If it's a blitz, QBs can slide the protection if they identify where the blitz may be coming from but when it's a simple 4-man rush and a DE is single-handedly abusing an OT, it's up to the coaches to find a way to give him help to neutralize the pass rusher. There is no QB who could have done anything in that game...and most would probably not even make it through without an injury.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Would certainly not blame that game all on Dak.

It should be a great reminder to those out there always assigning team won-loss records to QBs just how silly that is.

And btw, if a pass rusher is running free, you reposition your protection at the los.
It may not always work, but its better than nothing.

Last edited: