Dak is a mental choker!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So this is the first time you've seen this?
Nope. It's been building up in recent years, especially the playoffs. It's all mental. Trust me. He can be fixed but needs a serious *** kicking by his teammates. A private one in the locker room where no coaches are allowed in to protect him. That would either wake him up and force him to focus... or break him and show Jerry it's time to make a change. Successful Football is for the mentally smart and tough, especially during the hardest times during a game.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
You guys are giving A/C a hard time, and you all know how he's felt about Dak for some time. But at least unlike others on here, he's true to his word. He felt Dak is struggling too often/same mistakes, and it's time to call him out!!!! Commend you man for doing this, he needs to play better, everyone does, but the focus is on Dak
Yes I am, but only for a very short time and because, well he knows why. But soon all is forgotten and we're all Cowboys fans again. I'm not resentful. :)

Who knew... Jerry did one thing right. He united us Cowboys fans. :muttley:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
AND IT WORKED!!!

Pretty boy mentally matured quickly and stopped throwing games away. Came back crying, hugging and thanking us after the season for helping him grow.
lol...I don't believe that for a second. But it is good for a story. As if kicking someone's butt will give them talent.

Stop the tough guy talk.

ReverendFelcher

Reaction score
I thought maybe he had turned a corner psychologically when he beat Pittsburgh on that last drive. He'd never won a game like that before. Too much to ask for I guess.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
lol...I don't believe that for a second. But it is good for a story. As if kicking someone's butt will give them talent.

Stop the tough guy talk.
You should know...being a vet like some of us. Mental fortitude can be built through harsh punishment.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Stop the tough guy talk.
Yea I dont buy into that either . If Dak has lost confidence or begin listening to the noise , etc it might have got in his head .

I’m afraid the issue is more than that . He doesn’t have a running game ( last in NFL) which everyone and their grandma knows Dak needs a rushing game . And then only 1 WR.

Dak isn’t a Mahomes . We know or knew that .He needs a supporting cast . And a defense .

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As if kicking someone's butt will give them talent.
Imagine all the high school, college and professional athletes across all team sports, who would have become very good to excellent players IF that was a solution. The Pro Football Hall of Fame would have at least five times as many members if that option was viably possible.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You should know...being a vet like some of us. Mental fortitude can be built through harsh punishment.
Two wrongs don't make it right. You want to punish Dak? Sit him down on the bench and take away his thunder, that will mentally break him than trying to break his bones. It does not work.

As far as being soft or stupid in my Military, the punishment was running the obstacle course over and over until you either vomit or just cannot do it anymore.

An analogy like yours is, if your child is doing bad in school, just beat the chit out of him when he comes from school, that will teach him. Wrong.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Two wrongs don't make it right. You want to punish Dak? Sit him down on the bench and take away his thunder, that will mentally break him than trying to break his bones. It does not work.

As far as being soft or stupid in my Military, the punishment was running the obstacle course over and over until you either vomit or just cannot do it anymore.

An analogy like yours is, if your child is doing bad in school, just beat the chit out of him when he comes from school, that will teach him. Wrong.
Dak can’t carry a team with no running game, only 1 WR and no defense . C’mon.

If our owner thought he could then he’s dumber than I thought.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Yea I dont buy into that either . If Dak has lost confidence or begin listening to the noise , etc it might have got in his head .

I’m afraid the issue is more than that . He doesn’t have a running game ( last in NFL) which everyone and their grandma knows Dak needs a rushing game . And then only 1 WR.

Dak isn’t a Mahomes . We know or knew that .He needs a supporting cast .
Again, he needs the running game, better route runners and protection, so in other words he needs a total offense......whilst paying him more than any other QB. The onus is on him, he wanted the money ....stop deflecting on others, take responsibility or we should of built the team and armchaired a lesser QB.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry Jones is dumber than you thought.
There are some contributing factors . Injuries are key.

He was counting on defense to be as strong as last year which was 5th in scoring defense . If you told me we’d be without Parsons, Lawrence, Kneeland and Bland I’d say defense was going to be challenged.

Not excuses but those are contributing factors when you’re already hanging on a limb.

And he was counting on draft picks and developing previous draft picks which haven’t totally failed as both OL have done ok and Overshown from last year has been an upgrade. Kneeland was looking good as well.

Where he totally missed the boat was at RB. TOTALLY. And probably shoring up WR.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak can’t carry a team with no running game, only 1 WR and no defense . C’mon.

If our owner thought he could then he’s dumber than I thought.
Possibly, but AC's answer is to commit a felony and just beat the crap out of him. That has to work...in the movies, and AC used to make movies for Hollywood.