Dak is a mental choker!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was all mental. Non-pressured inexcusably thrown INTs into double coverage. Dude mentally broke down. All game long he had that deer-in-the-headlights look with his mouth hanging wide open as if he was protecting a little bird inside his mouth. Dude was mentally choked out from the very beginning to the very end. He seriously needs a good drag down beating.
So this is the first time you've seen this?

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I've never seen success. I'm trying to enjoy the sport as much as I can, and I'm a diehard fan. But I am just beyond demoralised at this point...
Well I have witnessed the 90s and I'm thankful for that. But from today's standpoint the even cooler part was the build up. How Jerry bought the team (and who he was at the time). How they started with Jimmy. How they drafted. How they build up the D and the triplets at the same time. Our roster wasnt even among the highest payed when they won that first 90s SB.

It is possible. The Giants and Eagles have proven it how you get beat down and stand up again within the salary cap timeframe. The latter even with a mediocre QB. The Rams have shown how you go all in. The great thing about football is, when you witness your team build up something, then the journey can be the goal. And that's whats fun to watch.

The problem I have had with the last 8 years (and in a broader context, the last 18), that there simply was no development. People wouldn't listen when I told them that only the first 12-5 season meant something. The next two simply were a waste of time. They were breast fed by the schedule. And no, just making the play offs doesnt necessarily gives you a chance to compete.

So all in all, I feel a little bit sad for you guys, who came in late. And the next four years will be pretty dull. At least the chances are slim that something important will change. But I do believe, that once they get rid of the Owner/GM/HC/QB combo, something great can happen.

Unless you have a GOAT QB, it's all about managing those Superbowl windows now. Dynasties are a thing of the past. I'm telling ya.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Well I have witnessed the 90s and I'm thankful for that. But from today's standpoint the even cooler part was the build up. How they started with Jimmy. How they drafted. How they build up the D and the triplets at the same time. Our roster wasnt even among the highest payed when they won that first 90s SB.

It is possible. The Giants and Eagles have proven it how you get beat down and stand up again. The latter even with a mediocre QB. The Rams have shown how you go all in. The great thing about football is, when you witness your team build up something, then the journey can be the goal. And that's whats fun to watch.

The problem I have had with the last 8 years (and in a broader context, the last 18), that there simply was no development. People wouldn't listen when I told them that only the first 12-5 season meant something. The next two simply were a waste of time. They were breast fed by the schedule. And no, just making the play offs doesnt necessarily gives you a chance to compete.

So all in all, I feel a little bit sad for your guys, who came in late. And the next four years will be pretty dull. At least the chances are slim that something important will change. But I do believe, that once they get rid of the Owner/GM/HC/QB combo, something great can happen.

Well, at least I can learn by proxy living in Cleveland how to be a diehard fan and have no expectations. Unfortunately, the Chiefs are probably going to end up with more SBs than us, and there will be more. It's been dull since I started as a fan except for 2006, 2007, 2014, 2016, and 2021/2022. Plus, I got a sweet logo for my fursuit that has become iconic in its own right.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Well, at least I can learn by proxy living in Cleveland how to be a diehard fan and have no expectations. Unfortunately, the Chiefs are probably going to end up with more SBs than us, and there will be more. It's been dull since I started as a fan except for 2006, 2007, 2014, 2016, and 2021/2022. Plus, I got a sweet logo for my fursuit that has become iconic in its own right.
Well, before the Daksters became a thing, reading/posting on this forum was alot of fun and an enjoyable pasttime. Now that their ranks falter it can be like this again. I joined the forum in 2021 because I felt I needed to step in for Cooper Rush at some point. But I enjoyed reading the forum a long time before that. Yes the Romo times had their fair share of controversy but Dak and his inconsistency has kicked this whole fighting through the roof. This is a good community that (usually) helps you alot getting through the darker times. Would be cool to see something like that again. No matter what happens on the field, being part of the CZ community can be encouraging to say the least.

Cmac

Reaction score
Well I have witnessed the 90s and I'm thankful for that. But from today's standpoint the even cooler part was the build up. How Jerry bought the team (and who he was at the time). How they started with Jimmy. How they drafted. How they build up the D and the triplets at the same time. Our roster wasnt even among the highest payed when they won that first 90s SB.

It is possible. The Giants and Eagles have proven it how you get beat down and stand up again within the salary cap timeframe. The latter even with a mediocre QB. The Rams have shown how you go all in. The great thing about football is, when you witness your team build up something, then the journey can be the goal. And that's whats fun to watch.

So all in all, I feel a little bit sad for you guys, who came in late. And the next four years will be pretty dull. At least the chances are slim that something important will change. But I do believe, that once they get rid of the Owner/GM/HC/QB combo, something great can happen.

Unless you have a GOAT QB, it's all about managing those Superbowl windows now. Dynasties are a thing of the past. I'm telling ya.
I'd go with....."unless you have GOAT Coach (JimmyJ) that is willing to cut people and keep the owner at bay.....for starters.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Well, before the Daksters became a thing, posting on this forum was alot of fun. Now that their ranks falter it can be like this again. I joined the forum in 2021 because I felt I needed to step in for Cooper Rush at some point. But I enjoyed reading the forum a long time before that. Yes the Romo times had their fair share of controversy but Dak and his inconsistency has kicked this whole fighting through the roof. This is a good community that (usually) helps you alot getting through the darker times. Would be cool to see something like that again. No matter what happens on the field, being part of the CZ community can be encouraging to say the least.

I was on the old one from 2012 until 2018, and I've been here since. I enjoy this forum, but Jerry frustrates me to no end.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I'd go with....."unless you have GOAT Coach (JimmyJ) that is willing to cut people and keep the owner at bay.....for starters.
No lies have been told here. :)

I was on the old one from 2012 until 2018, and I've been here since. I enjoy this forum, but Jerry frustrates me to no end.
Me too brother, me too.

Brax

Reaction score
Dak cost this game against the 49ers. Dude is a mental choker!

Someone needs to rattle him around real good a couple of times and either make him wake up or break him! Cowboys need to find out already if this guy mentally has what it takes to toughen up and improve his game or not.
Are you joking, this is 9 seasons in and many have said he has a loser mentality, it’s the same story he’s good against average and below teams but falls apart against the better teams, disappears for a majority of the game them it’s stats time, are you finally realizing this. Maybe he was playing too much golf during the bye.

bigdsgirl

Reaction score
It's time to begin the tank for Jeanty and a NT.
I was thinking the same thing yesterday before last night's game even started.. however I'm not sure even the best can run behind this OL..I think they need to get Jeanty first and totally focus on OL after that..not even gonna get into defensive line..I've been a fan since since 1971 and I'm finally done with the Jones family..still despise the Eagles..go Washington!!

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He can be fixed with a good old school...:dance:
The problem is there is nothing to fix. This is who he is, who he has been, and who is going to be. Heck, he is playing just like his scouting report coming out of college. Actually, he is worse now that he can't/won't run when he has the chance. Always feasts on bad teams, and does this when it counts. He couldn't win with a more complete team and now his salary is going to prevent improving significantly enough to achieve anything. You are just now admitting you see what many have been saying for quite a while.

I hope I am wrong, I really do, but there is nothing I see that makes me think he or the situation will improve.

Last edited:

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Dak cost this game against the 49ers. Dude is a mental choker!

Someone needs to rattle him around real good a couple of times and either make him wake up or break him! Cowboys need to find out already if this guy mentally has what it takes to toughen up and improve his game or not.
So it turns out it was YOU that "doesn't know football" and not those of us you've been insulting, and who have been calling him out for years.

That's ok though. Bring the donuts for a week and all will be forgotten.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Tell me what NFL team in history just let a perennial top 10 quarterback walk who just came off of an All-Pro season, an MVP candidate season and a good career winning percentage?

Name them please....

If it hasn't been done before, why would we be the first to do it?
Kirk Cousins just last year in Minnesota. Don’t tell me that Dak is superior to Kirk either.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Dak’s issue isn’t mental. It’s talent. His skill set is limited. He’s not elite. And the way they’re paying him, he needs to be. That’s all.