Dak is a mental choker!

visionary

Reaction score
Dak cost this game against the 49ers. Dude is a mental choker!

Someone needs to rattle him around real good a couple of times and either make him wake up or break him! Cowboys need to find out already if this guy mentally has what it takes to toughen up and improve his game or not.
LOL
Now you wake up after 9 years and we are stuck with this dude for another 4 years

Go find another team to root for

:facepalm:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Well my point is, Mahomes is the only quarterback who actually lives up to his max dollars.

What you're saying is definitely a good way to build a team, but teams don't just let perennial top10 quarterbacks coming off of an All-Pro season and a MVP candidate season. That's why you couldn't give me names of teams who let go of quarterbacks like that because it doesn't happen.
Darnold, Goff, Hurts even Cousins or Stanford all give something above the norm. Dak has no USP, other than driving and controlling a good team. As ive said the BIG KILLER in respect of Dak that he got a 4 year contract, which restricts the ability to build the team around him that he needs to get to be a controlling QB.

JJ1986

Reaction score
Dallas overpaid for an average top-15 quarterback who has not looked the same since his injury. The GM did not help him by surrounding him with good talent like SF did with Purdy. Purdy only looks good because of his surrounding star players, not his talent. Jerry will refuse to continue to admit his mistakes. Will anyone continue to pay money to see the product on the field?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First time to the Twilight Zone?

First time to the ‘Huh. Someone Should Apologize to a LOT of Fellow Members for Aggressively Berating Them With the Exact Same Rhetoric for Years’ Zone.

Kinda wordy but more accurately reflects what even Rod Serling could not create.

Cmac

Reaction score
That's where trading some pieces away come from so we can also get a guard. Plus, there's a guard that should be available round 3 that I like.
You really trust the Front Office, Draft Room, and Scouting Department? This Franchise management is not worthy of trust. Don't do yourself like that.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Interesting thing I noticed is Daks only had back to back good statistical seasons once in his career, and that was in 2018-2019

2016: 23 tds 4 ints
2017: 22 tds 13 ints
2018: 22 tds 8 ints
2019: 30 tds 11 ints
2020: injured
2021: 37 tds 10 ints
2022: 23 tds 15 ints
2023: 36 tds 9 ints

So Daks been consistently inconsistent

@MountaineerCowboy , he's a busta

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You really trust the Front Office, Draft Room, and Scouting Department? This Franchise management is not worthy of trust. Don't do yourself like that.

I mean, how else am I supposed to approach this? Throw my hoofs up and say this team is doomed forever?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
RustyBourneHorse......with all due respect to you..............Yes! Just trying to help. No need to get frustrated.......just laugh. The Curse has not gone away.

I mean, then what's the point? I've never seen success. I always plan to be a diehard fan, but it is really hard to do lol. Especially knowing that I probably will never see the success you did.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Someone hacked you, no other explanation
Von Trap Family Singers GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I mean, how else am I supposed to approach this? Throw my hoofs up and say this team is doomed forever?
Realistically? Yes. There simply is no evidence that anything will change.

But what are we certain of?

- Dak will be here at least 4 more years. So nothing will change within that time frame.

- We don't know when Jerry will give up football operations, but even before death he will have to stand down at some point in the not so distant future.

What can't be said for sure?

- The direction Stephen will take. Will he hire a true GM and just be the owner / front man? Will he hire a coach who gets full authority? Will they have the balls to go into full rebuild more after Dak's tenure with us has finally ended?

-----------

I honestly don't need a Superbowl win right away. But I would be a happy camper if they started an honest rebuild and accompany those rebuilding years, embracing even the small steps they take. Heck, I wouldnt mind starting with a 1-16 season, when they take the right steps and the next one is a 5-12 season. And the next one a 10-7 and so on. They dont even have to wait with that until Daks gone. They could start right next season.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How many years has Dak been a top 10 quarterback? Last I checked, damn near every year of his career.

Dak also had an All-Pro season last year. Is that a lie? Dak was also an MVP candidate last season.
He beats bad teams.

Against good teams and in the playoffs?

giphy.gif

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Realistically? Yes. There simply is no evidence that anything will change.

But what are we certain of?

- Dak will be here at least 4 more years. So nothing will change within that time frame.

- We don't know when Jerry will give up football operations, even before death he will have to stand down at some point.

What can't be said for sure?

- The direction Stephen will take. Will he hire a true GM and just be the owner / front man? Will he hire a coach who gets full authority? Will they have to balls to go into full rebuild more after Dak's tenure with us has finally ended?

-----------

I honestly don't need a Superbowl win right away. But I would be a happy camper if they started an honest rebuild and accompany those rebuilding years, embracing even the small steps they take. Heck, I wouldnt mind starting with a 1-16 season, when they take the right steps and the next one is a 5-12 season. And the next one a 10-7 and so on.

I've never seen success. I'm trying to enjoy the sport as much as I can, and I'm a diehard fan. But I am just beyond demoralised at this point...