Dak is a mental choker!

triplets_93

Reaction score

Dak is a mental choker!​

James_Franco_First_Time.jpg

Preoccupied

Reaction score
Such as? They're all playing like crap...they need to fix themselves first.
You beat me to it.
Long season , I wanted to watch some ball.
See some effort.
Build on the 12-5's.
This ship is adrift
Who the hell is strong enough in character to salvage this season Right Now.
I'll wait and watch unconvinced up to this point...

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Dak cost this game against the 49ers. Dude is a mental choker!

Someone needs to rattle him around real good a couple of times and either make him wake up or break him! Cowboys need to find out already if this guy mentally has what it takes to toughen up and improve his game or not.
Look, he got paid - that's all he cares about.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
He can be fixed with a good old school...:dance:

I don’t even think that will do it. He’s 9 years in and has developed habits and tendencies that won’t be undone with “old school”. I think the concerning part for me is he used to be able to lean on his athletic ability to bail him out and spark something good, but that just seems to be gone now. His best pass of the night went to a guy who wouldn’t see the field on most teams if he was in them. Is Dak fully to blame? Not at all. But thinking Dak was that guy was blind thinking by this organization. 9 years in his footwork shouldn’t be that bad, and he shouldn’t still be struggling with his post snap reads. Like I said I don’t think “old school” fixes these issues this far into his career.

GINeric

Reaction score
You think it's hard to find a QB that wins 3 games?

Do you think it's easy to find a perennial top 10 quarterback who became an All Pro and an MVP candidate who had three straight seasons winning twelve games and a good career winning percentage as a starter?

Again.... we all know Dak isn't elite.

But give me the names of the perennial top 10, All Pro, MVP candidate quarterbacks that teams just let walk without a backup solution to replace him? Who are they? What are their names?

GINeric

Reaction score
Let him walk, save a quarter of a billion dollars. Draft or sign a vet for cheap.

Tell me what NFL team in history just let a perennial top 10 quarterback walk who just came off of an All-Pro season, an MVP candidate season and a good career winning percentage?

Name them please....

If it hasn't been done before, why would we be the first to do it?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Do you think it's easy to find a perennial top 10 quarterback who became an All Pro and an MVP candidate who had three straight seasons winning twelve games and a good career winning percentage as a starter?

Again.... we all know Dak isn't elite.

But give me the names of the perennial top 10, All Pro, MVP candidate quarterbacks that teams just let walk without a backup solution to replace him? Who are they? What are their names?
Blah, blah.....so dont pay the non-elite QB elite money. Just focus the CAP on other area's and draft the non-elite QB in later rounds ala Dak or Purdy.

GINeric

Reaction score
Blah, blah.....so dont pay the non-elite QB elite money. Just focus the CAP on other area's and draft the non-elite QB in later rounds ala Dak or Purdy.

There are many non-elite quarterbacks who are paid elite money. It's called the quarterback market. That's how it is played out. So according to your logic, every quarterback in the NFL NOT named Mahomes and making elite money should be replaced by some late round drafted quarterback, correct?

With that said, you never answered the question and failed to give me the names of those other perennial top 10, All-Pro, MVP candidate quarterbacks who teams just let walk.

You just replied with "Blah, blah"..... why deflect and avoid the question? What are their names?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
There are many non-elite quarterbacks who are paid elite money. It's called the quarterback market. That's how it is played out. So according to your logic, every quarterback in the NFL NOT named Mahomes and making elite money should be replaced by some late round drafted quarterback, correct?

With that said, you never answered the question and failed to give me the names of those other perennial top 10, All-Pro, MVP candidate quarterbacks who teams just let walk.

You just replied with "Blah, blah"..... why deflect and avoid the question? What are their names?
Blah, blah AGAIN. As per usual you turn to the Trope arguments: this time it's the MAHOMES ARGUMENT

I gave you exactly what to do.....you build the team, save the CAP, build the lines, build the team.......then a lesser QB ala Dak (2016) and Purdy can perform.

GINeric

Reaction score
Blah, blah AGAIN. As per usual you turn to the Trope arguments: this time it's the MAHOMES ARGUMENT

I gave you exactly what to do.....you build the team, save the CAP, build the lines, build the team.......then a lesser QB ala Dak (2016) and Purdy can perform.
Well my point is, Mahomes is the only quarterback who actually lives up to his max dollars.

What you're saying is definitely a good way to build a team, but teams don't just let perennial top10 quarterbacks coming off of an All-Pro season and a MVP candidate season. That's why you couldn't give me names of teams who let go of quarterbacks like that because it doesn't happen.

GINeric

Reaction score
This is where you are mistaken .......
How am I mistaken? How many years has Dak been a top 10 quarterback? Last I checked, damn near every year of his career.

Dak also had an All-Pro season last year. Is that a lie? Dak was also an MVP candidate last season. So what part of what really happened is considered a mistake?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How am I mistaken? How many years has Dak been a top 10 quarterback? Last I checked, damn near every year of his career.

Dak also had an All-Pro season last year. Is that a lie? Dak was also an MVP candidate last season. So what part of what really happened is considered a mistake?
Because he is not really any of that ........ its all hype.

Dak is always the same thing whenever we face a good team or any team with a winning record in the playoffs.

Thats what Dak is ........

Purdy is twice the QB that Dak is.