Dak is a Top 6 QB

Nav22

Reaction score
This isn't Facebook or Twitter dude, you realize we actually watch the games, right? If Prescott is so dang good and nearly at Wilsons level, why can't get he get a long term contract? Did you see the Chiefs, Texans, or Seattle waiting around to sign their QB and crying about contract length? There is obviously something wrong with Dak's game if length of contract is what is holding things up. If you have a "near top 5 QB", you don't quibble over stuff like this and risk losing your franchise guy.
They didn’t “risk” anything. There’s this thing called a franchise tag, see.

Also LOL at the reasoning that Jerry/Stephen are so competent and good at their jobs that if they don’t sign Dak it means there must be something wrong with Dak.
:laugh:

KB1122

Reaction score
There's a world of difference between 4 and 6.

I said this on page, and it's still the best observation I've made on here all day.

Fourth best quarterbacks at any given time are guys like Bart Starr or Ben Roethlisberger or Russell Wilson.

Sixth best quarterbacks are guys like Steve McNair or Roman Gabriel or Daryle La Monica.

FTWayne

Reaction score
Did you watch the game? The ball bounced off his WRs hands for one. The others were miscommunications where the receiver didn't go where he has supposed to. I'm amazed that people still knock Brady. He just took Tampa to the super bowl.

Well, he's not Dak. lmao

USArmyVet

Reaction score
1. Brady
2. Mahomes
3. Rodgers
4. Allen
5. Wilson
6. Dak

He could surpass Wilson next year and get in the Top 5. Yup, I really believe what I'm saying.

Well I really believe in Bigfoot and UFO's but that does not simply make them true.

dckid

Reaction score
1. Brady
2. Mahomes
3. Rodgers
4. Allen
5. Wilson
6. Dak

He could surpass Wilson next year and get in the Top 5. Yup, I really believe what I'm saying.
hahah.
No he is not, but our dumb owner will pay him like one! We have a history of 26 years of being mediocre and this will jut add another 10-15 years.
Don't kill your salary cap buy overpaying Dak! He is a good QB in the same grouping as Wentz, Goff, Cousins, Jimmy G. Don't overpay for a player like that.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
Really? When did Dak get to an NFC Championship or Super Bowl like Rodgers and Brady?
I didn’t say in the past, in their prime. Nobody thinks Dak is as good as Brady and Rodgers in their prime. I’m just saying out of the 4 QB’s in the conference championship yesterday, there is only 1 at this time in their careers that is better than Dak (Mahomes). So, don’t tell me the Cowboys couldn’t get there with Dak. Give the Bucs an average defense, and Brady isn’t carrying them to the Super Bowl at 43.

dckid

Reaction score
I didn’t say in the past, in their prime. Nobody thinks Dak is as good as Brady and Rodgers in their prime. I’m just saying out of the 4 QB’s in the conference championship yesterday, there is only 1 at this time in their careers that is better than Dak (Mahomes). So, don’t tell me the Cowboys couldn’t get there with Dak. Give the Bucs an average defense, and Brady isn’t carrying them to the Super Bowl at 43.
10 Super Bowls in a not a coincidence. 14 championship games don't just happen.
Dak is a middle tier QB, no shame in that. He will never be elite. He just doesn't have that skillset. He is not accurate enough.
This isn't rocket science guys and gals. He is a Wentz, Goff, Cousins type player. He will play 12 years in the league earn a lot of money just he will not win a SB, unless you give him the 2002 Bucs Defense, or he has a Jake Delhome type miraculous run.
He is not elite.. and there is no shame in that. We don't need to make him the highest paid QB in the league and kill the cap to go 8-8. We can do that ourselves.

Vandyr

Reaction score
10 Super Bowls in a not a coincidence. 14 championship games don't just happen.
Dak is a middle tier QB, no shame in that. He will never be elite. He just doesn't have that skillset. He is not accurate enough.
This isn't rocket science guys and gals. He is a Wentz, Goff, Cousins type player. He will play 12 years in the league earn a lot of money just he will not win a SB, unless you give him the 2002 Bucs Defense, or he has a Jake Delhome type miraculous run.
He is not elite.. and there is no shame in that. We don't need to make him the highest paid QB in the league and kill the cap to go 8-8. We can do that ourselves.

Agreed. Wherever Wentz and Goff are in the top 20 conversation, I'd put Dak just ahead of those two.

dckid

Reaction score
Agreed. Wherever Wentz and Goff are in the top 20 conversation, I'd put Dak just ahead of those two.
Yeah he is better than Wentz but Goff has had more success which is why I put him in that group. There is no shame

GuitarBytes

Reaction score
Dak would still be Dak????

I guess he'll still be this..... I'll fine with Dak being Dak then.

Everyone who loves Dak, they really are sick, they see him as a Brady 2, really sick, the numbers don't win championships, Dallas is better off with any QB other than Dak,

Adreme

Reaction score
1. Brady
2. Mahomes
3. Rodgers
4. Allen
5. Wilson
6. Dak

If you honestly believe Brady is the best QB in the NFL right now (or even top 10-15 right now to be honest) you have the blinders on. Tom Brady is doing a job that half the starting QBs in the NFL could do, and while he is managing to not lose the game for them he is so far from the best in the NFL that it is laughable to say he is even close to that good.

Turk

Reaction score
Tampa's defense won that game. They shut down one of the best offenses and QBs in the NFL.
Allen crapped the bed. TB defense pressured him but not hard enough for him to shrink like he did.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For real lol. That was one of the more despicable trains of thoughts I’ve encountered.
The stick up some people's backside doesn't allow them to admit they were wrong. To think some would rather lose just to prove their point is plain stupid.