Dak is a Top 6 QB

VABoyz

Reaction score
I like Dak but he needs a lot of things around him to be successful. olline, a running back thats really good and prime receivers. thats why you cant break the bank for him because HOW will you pay for all the things he needs? if he doesnt have that then we're talking about 7-10 wins every year with minimal playoff success.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
You guys are delusional.. he's top 12 and now with 2 exits he might be cracking top 10. I hate to root against the cowboys but I almost would just to see you Dak homers eat crow for the next 2-3 years of a bad contract and us intelligent analysts saying told ya so.
There are a lot of stupid people in this world but Cowboys fans that dislike Dak are the very top of the heap.
These are the people that Q seeks out.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I like Dak but he needs a lot of things around him to be successful. olline, a running back thats really good and prime receivers. thats why you cant break the bank for him because HOW will you pay for all the things he needs? if he doesnt have that then we're talking about 7-10 wins every year with minimal playoff success.
Every QB needs those things around him.
Dak had exactly one them this year: Weapons.
He had zero blocking, a RB that was fumbling the ball and the absolute worst defense in football over the stretch of games he played.
And he LEAD the NFL in scoring and passing yards.

This narrative is just stupid and untrue.

blueblood70

Reaction score
1. Brady
2. Mahomes
3. Rodgers
4. Allen
5. Wilson
6. Dak

He could surpass Wilson next year and get in the Top 5. Yup, I really believe what I'm saying.
No hes bottom 5 because he missed 12 games on ir so until he plays again and shows hes over the injury he doesnt qualify for a ranking. Btw judging by the way hes dropped off screw puffy stats
Lets do a wait and see for season 2021 to truly rank him..

Heck a rookie or 2nd year qb could blow up this year and push him down we dont know and again he didnt finish the season therefore he cant be ranked its TBD “I” incomplete post injury.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dak would still be Dak????

I guess he'll still be this..... I'll fine with Dak being Dak then.

The word WAS is relevant not finishing wo[pes all ranking to zero. Each year is knew and he only played 4 games. Sorry he has to prove hes healthy and can lead this team to wins.

VABoyz

Reaction score
Every QB needs those things around him.
Dak had exactly one them this year: Weapons.
He had zero blocking, a RB that was fumbling the ball and the absolute worst defense in football over the stretch of games he played.
And he LEAD the NFL in scoring and passing yards.

This narrative is just stupid and untrue.

ive watched every game so yeah thats what i saw. he has had plenty of games where at the beginning of games its a gang of 3 and outs and then have to come back over and over. im just not happy about that continued trend the past couple of years. its not a narrative,its what people see. i think Dak is pretty good but EVERY qb doesnt need ALL of those things to be successful. i watch more than dallas games over 25 years.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
ive watched every game so yeah thats what i saw. he has had plenty of games where at the beginning of games its a gang of 3 and outs and then have to come back over and over. im just not happy about that continued trend the past couple of years. its not a narrative,its what people see. i think Dak is pretty good but EVERY qb doesnt need ALL of those things to be successful. i watch more than dallas games over 25 years.
This is complete horsespit nonsense.
Dak has a 60% winning percentage behind teams that have been severely lacking in many areas across his 4 years.

Aaron Rodgers is top 5 QB of all-time and had missed the playoffs altogether 3 times.
QBs do not go win alone.

Dak's all-time win % is above many QBs considered elite like Drew Brees.

Dak is currently 6th high % of win by an active QB with more than 50 games played.
Pat, Russ, Ben R, Brady and Aaron Rodgers are guys higher.

Dak hasn't had any issues winning games compared to his peers.
He has finished below the elite of the elite and that's it.

Guys like Baker Mayfield and DeShaun Watson fall well behind Dak in win %.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
First off, Wilson is better than Allen and Dak is nowhere near Wilson at this point. Also, with how Ryan Tannehill has been playing, he's above Prescott. Roethlisberger is also better than Dak. Baker Mayfield may have just went above Dak as well. You also have Lamar Jackson who won MVP last year.

The NFL is in a transition right now, the great vets are on their way out and an influx of younger guys are coming in. So Dak sneaking his way into the top 10 might not mean as much if these young QBs take the next step in a year or two.
Biggest joke of a post so far during these playoffs.

Then I realized who had typed such a pathetic post.

:facepalm:

DFWJC

Reaction score
I suspect most of the GMs around the league would put Warson ahead of Dak.
Either way, he is probably top 7-8 at best and top 12-14 range at worst ....imo

In polls GMs around the league, he usually ranks in that 10-12 range.

DFWJC

Reaction score
You guys are delusional.. he's top 12 and now with 2 exits he might be cracking top 10. I hate to root against the cowboys but I almost would just to see you Dak homers eat crow for the next 2-3 years of a bad contract and us intelligent analysts saying told ya so.
Probably depends on longer term where you think Burrow, Murray, and Herbert would rate

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Allen crapped the bed. TB defense pressured him but not hard enough for him to shrink like he did.
Allen certainly wasn't on point, but if not for him rushing for 88 yards, their RBs had 17, 15 and 9 yards. The Bills defense was awful. Kelce and Hill destroyed them. The Bills were in zone most of the game and KC's WRs went untouched on their routes.

GuitarBytes

Reaction score
This is the perfect time to trade Dakota, many teams will be looking for a QB, they can take advantage of it to get the most value with him, in my view those who can't take a QB in the first round, would be willing to give what is asked for Dak, this is the time. with good reinforcements and with Andy Dalton at the helm, I think Dallas can do better this year,

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I suspect most of the GMs around the league would put Warson ahead of Dak.
Either way, he is probably top 7-8 at best and top 12-14 range at worst ....imo

In polls GMs around the league, he usually ranks in that 10-12 range.

There is about 20 QB's that go as their team goes and don't elevate the team. Dak fit's into that group.

DFWJC

Reaction score
There is about 20 QB's that go as their team goes and don't elevate the team. Dak fit's into that group.
I won't argue that.
I think if you take age (still only 28) into account, most GMs would want him more than 20 others though.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I won't argue that.
I think if you take age (still only 28) into account, most GMs would want him more than 20 others though.

I wonder if teams view Dak as a guy that gets better into his 30s though because I think he takes a complete nose dive when the little athleticism he has is gone.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
This is the perfect time to trade Dakota, many teams will be looking for a QB, they can take advantage of it to get the most value with him, in my view those who can't take a QB in the first round, would be willing to give what is asked for Dak, this is the time. with good reinforcements and with Andy Dalton at the helm, I think Dallas can do better this year,
Can't trade him unless he's under contract.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
This is complete horsespit nonsense.
Dak has a 60% winning percentage behind teams that have been severely lacking in many areas across his 4 years.

Aaron Rodgers is top 5 QB of all-time and had missed the playoffs altogether 3 times.
QBs do not go win alone.

Dak's all-time win % is above many QBs considered elite like Drew Brees.

Dak is currently 6th high % of win by an active QB with more than 50 games played.
Pat, Russ, Ben R, Brady and Aaron Rodgers are guys higher.

Dak hasn't had any issues winning games compared to his peers.
He has finished below the elite of the elite and that's it.

Guys like Baker Mayfield and DeShaun Watson fall well behind Dak in win %.

Look at Dak's winning percentage after his 13-3 rookie season and then talk to me how he can win games....oh hell, I will save you the time:

Dak's Career Record 2016-2020 42 Wins 27 Losses .609 Win %

Looks good, right? Okay, now let's look at how Dak has been since his rookie season anomaly:

Dak's Record 2017-2020 29 Wins 24 Losses .547 Win %

So outside of his rookie season, Dak has a barely above average winning record. Is that what you want to commit $35M+/season to given his personal stats have gone up but the wins have gone down.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I wonder if teams view Dak as a guy that gets better into his 30s though because I think he takes a complete nose dive when the little athleticism he has is gone.
Has Tannehill passed him?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Look at Dak's winning percentage after his 13-3 rookie season and then talk to me how he can win games....oh hell, I will save you the time:

Dak's Career Record 2016-2020 42 Wins 27 Losses .609 Win %

Looks good, right? Okay, now let's look at how Dak has been since his rookie season anomaly:

Dak's Record 2017-2020 29 Wins 24 Losses .547 Win %

So outside of his rookie season, Dak has a barely above average winning record. Is that what you want to commit $35M+/season to given his personal stats have gone up but the wins have gone down.
It's clownish to eliminate the best team he played on, how convenient.
Same with attributing wins and losses on either side of the argument.