Dak Is Clutch mega thread *merged*

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
It was starting to look like 2017 vs Seattle part 2.

Then he turned it around. Waaaaaaay around.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
No, he's not. He accounted for three turnovers by himself. The game was won on a fluke tipped ball that Cooper was able to make a play on. Coop gets the clutch tag today, not Dak.
W R O N G. 42-55, 455 yds ,3 tds. With horrible OL blocking, TSmith 3 penalties byhimself.

cern

Reaction score
he had his gaffes. but when he needed to step up, he did. kudos to dak.

khiladi

Reaction score
We want Dak to throw the ball against single safety, press coverage over the field, which he is seeing all the time, because that’s how defenses are primarily playing him, including this game..

That doesn’t compromise the running game..

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
We want Dak to throw the ball against single safety, press coverage over the field, which he is seeing all the time, becauses that’s how defenses are primarily playing him..

That doesn’t compromise the running game..
Dak cannot throw to a guy 10 yards open. Multiple times.
He is this team's poison.

Kaiser

Reaction score
He shouldn't have had to be clutch. 2 INTs and a lost fumble put him in that position. It should've been a blowout.

Dallas controlled the game but turnovers kept it close. One of the INTs was a bad mistake by Dak but the other was a gamble and good play by the DB. The strip sack is a play that happens to every QB in the league.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yeah it was.......you know I'm on the Dak train........if he and Gallup connect this game should've been over. He didn't. QB's miss throws. As you can see everyone's favorite Wentz missed guys all game. But its about how you finish. Dak made up for it with the W. If we are going to dig into what type of game he had as a QB we can do it but I'm gonna give him props for overcoming those picks just like I did Romo in that Buffalo Bills game where he was terrible.

I'm gonna hold off on blaming Dak for both of those throws on Gallup. I'm gonna watch them again but on that last one? Gallup stopped running full speed for whatever reason. And I thought I saw him do it the 1st. It makes no sense for Dak to be on the money with Cooper but can't with Gallup. There's a disconnect there.

The 2nd throw was not his fault. Gallup stopped on the route.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Lol... Right on!
This is your big victory!

You think this and that's your defense!
maxresdefault.jpg

stiletto

Reaction score
The 2nd throw was not his fault. Gallup stopped on the route.

Gallup and Dak just need to get their timing down. He's a rookie but its clear the kid has talent. I dont really blame either one. That is just a connection that needs practice IMO.. If it starts hitting watch out....

Kaiser

Reaction score
Game: Won.
The O sucked and should have won this, but the D did it and the O finally caught the big fish.

I could call that a typo, the OL sucked again. Amari was phenomenal, Zeke was too and Dak had more big plays than mistakes.

Tyron Smith was probably playing at 50% and we were playing with Martin and Frederick for big chunks of the game. Also Sua-Filo is strong on run plays but had some atrocious plays on pass plays, in the 4th Quarter sack Fletcher Cox litteraly tossed him aside like he was a RB or something.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
It's no secret I have been a Dak hater for years....

He had a terrible 1st half, terrible....he basically gave the Eagles 9 points...

Having said that.....he came through and start slinging it and won the game

455 yards 3 tds....congratulations Mr Prescott, and welcome to the Cowboys!

I wonder how good is Del really. He can play great in the fourth quarter, and he usually has to in order to make up his play in the first three quarters. Just once I'd like to see the Cowboys run up multiple tds in the first half, then add more in second half for a gigantic win.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Cooper bailed him out on another garbage throw, late and low

If we had a legitimate quarterback we win this game by 20 in regulation

I think today's game illustrated, though, how even good QB's routinely miss throws. I happen to think Wentz has a very bright future, but he misfired on numerous throws today. As he has all season.

Unrelated to that, I like how Dak had to win a game today in which he isn't as comfortable. He hasn't shown to be a downfield passer today, but he routinely challenged the Eagles down the field. He missed on some bad passes, but he kept firing. All the way to 455 yards, the most completions in team history, and a big W.

Hopefully this is the sort of thing that helps from a confidence standpoint moving forward.