Dak is Delusional

rags747

Reaction score
Whether Dak is elite or not is for the fantasy football players and mediots to argue. What Dak does know is he was an All Pro last year. He’s also proven he’s never had a losing record. His resume isn’t Brady but his resume is much better than what Tua and Trevor has.

You’re also making the assumption Jerry is the one calling the shots. Dak may be the one who doesn’t want to play in Dallas and if he shares the same views as his brother he for sure doesn’t. Jerry and Stephen are the ones high on their own supply of incompetence. Not Dak.

In 2024 what is special about playing here? Nothing. There is not one perk to playing in Dallas.
I take Trevor over Dak all day plus he’s still very young. Dak will be more than happy to sign here if the price is right. I think the right move is to let Dak play this year on his current contract, he stinks it up he can test FA, he wins big he can still test FA and it will cost us more than it will cost us today. I think it’s the right move to hold our chips. Love your Richardson pic btw, love to see her grab some Gold!

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
I am at about 90% at this point. Jerry loves being the lead story on every talking head show which will be the case until he gets these deals done. Every dollar he overpays on the contracts will be multiplied tenfold in sponsorship deals. There is zero incentive in his mind to rush getting these deals done.
I think this is the last hurrah for Dak in Dallas, but there is a potential truth in what you said. Jerry’s like Jack Nicholson in ‘A Few Good Men’. Jack’s character wanted to admit he ordered the code red (because he had power) just as Jerry wants to overspend to demonstrate his power. His little eyes would like up at the headline, “Jones makes Prescott highest paid player in the league!” It’s f’d up, but not out of the realm.

stiletto

Reaction score
I think this is the last hurrah for Dak in Dallas, but there is a potential truth in what you said. Jerry’s like Jack Nicholson in ‘A Few Good Men’. Jack’s character wanted to admit he ordered the code red (because he had power) just as Jerry wants to overspend to demonstrate his power. His little eyes would like up at the headline, “Jones makes Prescott highest paid player in the league!” It’s f’d up, but not out of the realm.
MAYBE if Dak wins the Super Bowl... no way he is doing that for Mr. Playoff PeePee Pants right now.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It was reported that he was hesitant to throw the ball more than 5 yards down the field - that was all there was to it - nothing more!
Thanks, more than likely they are working on timing since it was only day one.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
MAYBE if Dak wins the Super Bowl... no way he is doing that for Mr. Playoff PeePee Pants right now.
lol. Agree that it would be a stretch, but just keeping all options open. Hell, you’ve heard Jerry speaking lately. You can’t, and don’t want, inside that head.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It’s this fan base that’s delusional. Any fan who thinks Dak isn’t a good NFL QB is beyond delusional.
Guess what, KJJ, you are a part of this fanbase, so put that in you pipe and smoke it.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
I'm a Dak hater.

But I understand that he will reset the market when he signs.

It won't be in Dallas, thankfully, but there will be a team (probably Vegas or Giants) that will be dumb enough to reset the market for him.

He's not elite. He's not even very good. That will become clear when he leaves Dallas.
You guys continue to amaze with with how dumb you are. Enjoy the 4 win seasons after Dak leaves

Chasing6

Reaction score
Whatever the case, Lance is going to get a lot of playing time this pre-season. Everyone will get to see how he looks. You know Jerry wants to see him get a lot of reps.
That is what everyone is assuming, but once you know, you know.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
How bad do you hate that something you thought had no chance of happening (Dak not getting extended) is going to happen with me, of all people, telling you for a year now that it was going to happen.

The worst possible scenario for you and your 4 pals here is going to happen.

MountaineerCowboy is going to once again be right.
Doesn’t bother me as it would’ve last year. At this point if he stays it’s all good. If he leaves it’s all good. Jerry is still in charge and that’s the bad part.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Do I think there are some posters here who genuinely dislike the guy? Yeah. I am not one of em though. In a league where you get 3 years to prove yourself generally, I have come to the conclusion that it just isn't going to happen with Dak as Cowboys QB after 8 years. Maybe someone like Sean McVay or Jim Harbaugh could cover up his short comings to get further in the post season. He needs a fresh start and so does the team.
Cowboys need a fresh start at the top like the Lions got. If we can win 12 games a season with Jerry as GM I can only imagine what we could do with a real Gm.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak is getting high on his own supply.
He's under the illusion or delusion that he is an Elite QB.
He doesn't understand or refuses to understand that Jerry can't and doesn't want to lock up the cap for a QB that has failed to produce any playoff success.
If he signs him to a long term deal not only will it affect the ability to sign or resign players, it will be a disaster too if the team doesn't have any playoff sucess this season.
The fans will be ready to move on from him and resent Dak and Jerry for doing the deal.
Dak isn't a Force Multiplier type QB where he helps elevate the talent around him. He requires superior talent around him to succeed.
Having Dak at such a high cap rate will hurt in getting the talent necessary to help him succeed. So Jerry doesn't want to commit himself to Dak and continue to be a mid level team. He will likely want to go the route of acquiring and keeping superior talent while having a QB who doesn't eat up so much cap space and could possibly give you the same or better results than Dak.
The melt downs continue!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I bet you would really be disappointed if Lance was doing good...there is no "lol".
Not at all. I like Lance. When Dez hyped him up in college I became a fan. Got him for a fourth I for sure have no issue with him. You confusing me with someone else which is par for the course.